Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He got the team, tactics and substitutions all wrong today....and some of his signings are being found out (KEA in particular just isn't good enough)

Very worrying times with the fixtures ahead of us

The emperor's got no clothes on. Lambert is doing an appalling job so far. He needs to improve, and fast.

In addition to the 2-3 midfielders Lambert has already introduced or instead of?

In addition I think. As there is potential there, but we just need more variety because at the moment our midfield isn't working. We're not creating enough chances and we lack a midfield general to boss the play defensively.

If we buy another 3 midfielders (2 creative, 1 defensive) and add that to KEA/Westwood/Holman we have an appropriate mix.

In addition I think. As there is potential there, but we just need more variety because at the moment our midfield isn't working. We're not creating enough chances and we lack a midfield general to boss the play defensively.

If we buy another 3 midfielders (2 creative, 1 defensive) and add that to KEA/Westwood/Holman we have an appropriate mix.

It's not going to happen though. Any decent midfielder is going to cost megabucks in transfer fees and salary and we won't entertain either.

It's not going to happen though. Any decent midfielder is going to cost megabucks in transfer fees and salary and we won't entertain either.

Think our best bet then is a loan move in January. Looking for a disenchanted creative midfielder who wants to get stuck into a relegation scrap. Anyone spring to mind?

Very torn about our current situation. Really want Lambert to succeed as he could be great for us but he is not helping himself. Alienating most of our experienced players like Bent, Given and Ireland, who will probably leave in January. Poor tactics and for whatever reason we seem to always perform worse in the 2nd half of matches. Players seem lacklustre and not bothered, even Bennett today looked like he couldn't be arsed to venture beyond the half way line and he's a new signing. I look at teams around us and i'm jealous of their squads for 90% of them. Lerner is forcing us into a Championship team and that is exactly where we will end up. I fear for us this season and actually think we will go down. It pains me to say it but Redknapp would actually sort us out, but as I have said I really want Lambert to succeed.

Very torn about our current situation. Really want Lambert to succeed as he could be great for us but he is not helping himself. Alienating most of our experienced players like Bent, Given and Ireland, who will probably leave in January. Poor tactics and for whatever reason we seem to always perform worse in the 2nd half of matches. Players seem lacklustre and not bothered, even Bennett today looked like he couldn't be arsed to venture beyond the half way line and he's a new signing. I look at teams around us and i'm jealous of their squads for 90% of them. Lerner is forcing us into a Championship team and that is exactly where we will end up. I fear for us this season and actually think we will go down. It pains me to say it but Redknapp would actually sort us out, but as I have said I really want Lambert to succeed.

I just don't think changing manager is the right way to go about it. Lambert should pitch to Lerner saying 'if we don't spend big money in January we're as good as down'

I think he might have realised in himself that he needed to buy a bit more experience and hopefully won't make the same mistake twice in buying unproven players. However I will back him until it all goes tits up and I will back the players and Lambert's signings, as the only way we're going to improve is if we show them we are behind them all the way.

We needed someone like KEA because our midfield was powderpuff and had no bite and no one with some compusure, I think he's playing well if I'm honest.

I thought Ireland would be the link between Bent and the midfield, but he doesn't do enough for me, I like him as a composed midfielder but I'd rather get a really clever creative midfielder in thats on the same wavelength as Bent

KEA and 'powderpuff. I would say thats about right.

Lets face it - its been awful bar a couple of glimpses. Still way too early tho and..........

Some wanted rid of O'Neill - we get Houllier

Some wanted rid of Houllier - We get Mcleish

We want rid of Mcleish - Were off to our worst start in nearly half a century.

Lets just stick it out. If were getting relegated - were getting relegated. Its football, the 3 worst teams go down and we are looking likely to be one of those 3 sooner or later and I dont see a change in manager making any difference