Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

It is such shame see this happened to him, I blame "Arse"nal for Cock-up his developed and turn his head think good enough to get breakthrough at Arsenal. Partials his EGO and Cock Attitude as he were one of the BEST youth player in UK and maybe European. He is was very good player best vision and good pass, good finisher.

Even Villa was fighting him and told him offered him the route to first team more chance compare to Arsenal we was about started intro him as first team but he was 17 years old and his head mind make up by Arsenal come offered him as Arsenal was top 3 club by this time poison his head and off to them very very cheap and Aston Villa was very angry with Asrenal action and went to FA and FA Support Arsenal and give us very low maximum comprehension for this when he was worth like 1 - 5 millions in end they give us 250k as rules that we not Elite Youth compare to them even we were very good Youth set up and strong u18/u23.. - Arsenal was try save money to bid him big money if he sign for us 18 years old contact (Pro).

Same problem we near experience as JPB and CC this season as least they stay with us rather do "Crowley". As they know best chance breakthrough is under compare top elite club which positive and big change compare. I think our Youth System is much strong position to attract and chance to play breakthrough first team, trained by best youth coach. But in Crowley era they was very strong team u18 and u23 that he left that our u18 and u23 become not good enough really as he was one of lead our u18/u23 might reason he think we not good enough for us. 

if CC or JPB left, even AR, Barry, Young so we have still very good player like B.Young and L.Barry, CC, JPB, AR able carry forward without them which Crowley is different time.

Off the topic, I impressive with Callum O'hare I rate him highly and i want him take ACM take over and Play Grealish in left last 3 years and last year Summer he was offered new contact yet it is expired but he decide to play with Coventry which he know it is his breakthrough better and know it is his club and suit his style and decide against us and move to them i clap for him do it and he is key for them stay Coventry as his age was right time and knew it is time move on when Crowley not, eve Crowley is big potential that O'hare.

Sad to see youth play rise youth superstar and fade to nothing. Hope our coach use Crowley to learn the mistake and Don't does what he does.

17 hours ago, Tayls said:

Fair enough! Sounds like he has a bit of work to do then! 

It would be good to know if he did regret his decision and was honest about it. Guess he would never admit to that though. Christ knows what he could have been if he remained focused. 

He couldn't even make it at Small Heath, mate, of course he regrets his decision.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He definitely had the talent at academy level, I watched him for England U16s when he was still only fourteen, so playing a couple of ages up, and he looked way better than every one else, like it wasn't even close, it looked like it was he playing against younger players not the other way around.

I've only seen highlights of him for our academy and for Arsenal's but you could tell what a good player he was in those as well, but obviously wasn't able to translate it to first team football, which sometimes happens with youngsters.

It did seem like he'd turned his career around to a degree in Holland, was getting good reviews and I think there was some surprise that small heath managed to sign him, but since going there his career has gone in the opposite direction again.

The really tragic thing is even a player with such a distinctly underwhelming career as his has already earned enough to never have to work again if he's been wise with his money. which he probably hasn't been, but, you know.

There are a lot of young players who look world beaters at youth level, and then disappear down the leagues and even out of a career in football altogether. There will probably be a fair few from our current crop who won't play in the top league as there are limited spaces available in the PL squads, some will drop through the leagues and some will end up in another career altogether.

Daniel Crowley could be the poster boy for the wall in our academy changing room "Don't get too far ahead of yourself and believe the hype, otherwise you may end up not being good enough to play for Birmingham City. 😉

Edited by NeilS
tidy up

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

There are a lot of young players who look world beaters at youth level, and then disappear down the leagues and even out of a career in football altogether. There will probably be a fair few from our current crop who won't play in the top league as there are limited spaces available in the PL squads, some will drop through the leagues and some will end up in another career altogether.

Daniel Crowley could be the poster boy for the wall in our academy changing room "Don't get too far ahead of yourself and believe the hype, otherwise you may end up not being good enough to play for Birmingham City. 😉

I think there is always that excelling at youth level but when look at diminutive players like Crowley it wouldn't have been through physical development advancements at that age group.

I just think players like him and Bostock . That Watford lad we signed for a £1m. It's fairly obvious why they didn't make it.

All you heard of these lads was stories of attitude sacking off training and just general lack of work ethic.

I don't think Crowley has played at a level he can retire on and certainly not at 24.

Players like Weimann are millionaires.

This guy is a moron. All he had to do was turn up to training and put in moderate effort and be a millionaire.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The really tragic thing is even a player with such a distinctly underwhelming career as his has already earned enough to never have to work again if he's been wise with his money. which he probably hasn't been, but, you know.

He'll be driving a mini cab like stefan moore before you know it. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think Crowley has played at a level he can retire on and certainly not at 24.

You reckon? He had a 4 year professional contract at Arsenal.  Even if we used a VERY Conservative estimate of £5k a week that's £1m in 4 years.  If someone was earning decent wage of £30,000 a year it would take them 33 years to earn that. 

I don't know how much players in the Eredivisie get paid but I bet he was on at least £5,000 pw as well so that's £780,000.

What do you reckon BCFC pay their lowest paid players.  Let's say £6,000   So that's another £625,000. 

And that's just basic salary as well before win bonuses etc. 

So I would guess he's earned well over £2m just from those 3 clubs. And that's all come in a few short years.  Imagine how much better off you would be if you had your lifetime earnings paid to you in just 10 years instead of spread over a 45 year career. 

If he had been careful with his money he would definitely be able to retire and live in absolute luxury compared to most people's expectations, but as the OP stated he has most probably pissed it all up the wall. 

• Like 3

He was on 8k a week at blues for 2 years. A big chunk is tax, but if he's not a very wealthy man it's his own fault. It's a clear sign there's too much money in the game when 24 year olds who've done **** all end up rich from it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Why is everyone so sure that he had the talent and wasn't just overhyped to the hilt?

Is this a serious question? Have you never heard of Sir Gary Cahill? 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

You reckon? He had a 4 year professional contract at Arsenal.  Even if we used a VERY Conservative estimate of £5k a week that's £1m in 4 years.  If someone was earning decent wage of £30,000 a year it would take them 33 years to earn that. 

I don't know how much players in the Eredivisie get paid but I bet he was on at least £5,000 pw as well so that's £780,000.

What do you reckon BCFC pay their lowest paid players.  Let's say £6,000   So that's another £625,000. 

So I would guess he's earned well over £2m just from those 3 clubs. And that's all come in a few short years.  Imagine how much better off you would be if you had your lifetime earnings paid to you in just 10 years instead of spread over a 45 year career. 

If he had been careful with his money he would definitely be able to retire and live in absolute luxury compared to most people's expectations, but as the OP stated he has most probably pissed it all up the wall. 

Plus normal people have to spend about what 25-50% extra on the price of their house on mortgage interest, whereas someone who earned a lifetime income at a young age wouldn’t have to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Plus normal people have to spend about what 25-50% extra on the price of their house on mortgage interest, whereas someone who earned a lifetime income at a young age wouldn’t have to.

Yeah, it's much more expensive being poor than being rich sadly.

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2022 at 19:11, sidcow said:

Except what you find is these kids whilst earning this money are living the "footballer lifestyle" of excess and cars and renting of ridiculous flats.

I'd wager a lot of that money was burnt through as the concept of playing league one football at 25 didn't even enter his head

16 hours ago, tinker said:

Didn't he come through the academy with Grealish, both tipped to be superstars. He must regret leaving having seen Jack's rise.

Dad Aleister and cousin Gary were rather disappointed.

Â