Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It seems the proper place for him then. I haven't followed him though to know his attitude anyway. 

im not 100% sure, it was oxford that terminated his loan for undisclosed reasons but said this is a radio interview - 

t

he one thing we are, and will always be, is very professional. Nothing and nobody will ever get in the way of what we're trying to do from a team culture and ethos point of view.

his move to Holland to go ahead eagles I would lazily guess involved overmars in the background somewhere

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Did nothing and now currently without a club at 24. Career in top 3 divisions effectively over.

Generational talent this kid was. What a whopper.

Think he was all set to sign for Cheltenham Town after training with them this summer, however his agent got a little greedy with the deal and Cheltenham said no in the end. He’ll probably find a club but be lucky if it’s as high as League One or Two now. Proper fall from grace but we’ve seen this before. 

On 12/05/2013 at 20:26, Con said:

I strongly suspect Crowley'll make the breakthrough even if he moved to Barcelona.

It's a slap in the face for Villa that he has chosen to pursue his career elsewhere, no doubt about that.

Just hope he can give Villa credit for something later rather than let whichever team he goes to take the glory for finding him.

What he's done suggests that really great young talents, if they are early developers, will try like crazy to get to the highest profile clubs as soon as they can.

Halcyon days. 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Did nothing and now currently without a club at 24. Career in top 3 divisions effectively over.

Not certain how any player can be described this way and practically finished at 24, unless through serious injury, which might well be the case, I'm not sure. Was it hype over substance?

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just shows you there's a lot involved in going from youth team star to successful professional footballer. So many don't make it for a variety of reasons. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Just shows you there's a lot involved in going from youth team star to successful professional footballer. So many don't make it for a variety of reasons. 

Absolutely. Funny that this thread and the Jack thread were started within a few months of each other (and Jordan Graham as well) and are now both top of the Other Football forum. For very different reasons! Both seen as huge generational talents at Villa. 

Edited by Xela

5 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Not certain how any player can be described this way and practically finished at 24, unless through serious injury, which might well be the case, I'm not sure. Was it hype over substance?

Nope, he was exceptional. Playing way above his age for England youth sides and excelling. Could have been very special

18 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Nope, he was exceptional. Playing way above his age for England youth sides and excelling. Could have been very special

Lets get him back then. Could he play DM? ;) 

What a waste. There are always horror stories in fan groups about players leaving the club that brought you through too early. Always a worst case scenario story to tell. It's so very rarely realistic.

This kid though has epitomised every negative stereotype about moving club too early. Almost comically. I feel for him as it isn't nice to see. 

But a big word of warning to anybody who decides a move to a 'big' club is right for them before they've actually done anything

Has he ever said anything along the line of regretting his decision to leave us for Arsenal? Or was he already starting to get the wrong sort of mindset, thinking he had already made it and becoming a bit of a lad? 

On 05/09/2021 at 10:10, Tayls said:

Has he ever said anything along the line of regretting his decision to leave us for Arsenal? Or was he already starting to get the wrong sort of mindset, thinking he had already made it and becoming a bit of a lad? 

I don't think so, but he made a comment in a newspaper in 2018 (think he was in the Dutch second division then) saying he still thought he could be one of the world's best number 10s! 

Doesn't lack confidence. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think so, but he made a comment in a newspaper in 2018 (think he was in the Dutch second division then) saying he still thought he could be one of the world's best number 10s! 

Doesn't lack confidence. 

Fair enough! Sounds like he has a bit of work to do then! 

It would be good to know if he did regret his decision and was honest about it. Guess he would never admit to that though. Christ knows what he could have been if he remained focused. 

Â