Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

Rubbish

There seems to be an undercurrent at present between the U21's & the 1st team squads.

I have my opinion of why this partly is

We don't have kids currently good enough to play in our 1st team (sorry Kev)

To claim Wilshere wouldn't have got a game here is hypothetical & imo incorrect.

To claim Wilshere wouldn't have got a game here is hypothetical & imo incorrect.

It's also unprovable one way or the other. Would we have dropped a kid in at 17 to play in the Premier League, regardless of reputation? I don't think so TBH

Why turn everything into an argument? Of course Wilshere today would get into this Villa side, that is not the point.

I believe Arsenal are in a stronger position to give young players an opportunity for the simple reason that the squad is strong and they often find themselves in comfortable positions in matches. He may well have had a chance at Villa, but how often do the current side find themselves in a comfortable position? Almost every game is a scrap to the final whistle.

Ultimately none of us have a clue as to when Lambert may have given the lad a chance and how that compares to what Wenger will do. I personally can understand why he chose to play for Arsenal over Aston Villa, that is my opinion, others may disagree and of course that is fine. However, this thread has been derailed by folks wishing ill on the lad or arguments over situations that we are all guessing about. Ultimately we can be proud but disappointed that we have produced such a prospect but he and his new club chose to use a system to their advantage and he has walked away.

Good luck to him, on to the next one...

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

Perhaps the tone of your post have come across in a way you did not intend.

Like it or lump it, Crowley was one of the hottest prospects in the country at his age group in the summer, forget whatever regard anybody holds the academy in. I am the one who has said that people shouldn't be getting so upset about the lad moving on, that was his choice.

Anyhow, this has been discussed to death, let's see how he gets on.

Edited by AndyClarke

I take it that it is all down to Lambert why these kids haven't had a "chance"

We are a professional football club. We do not exist to give kids a "chance"

Gabby had a chance & is still here. to put things into perspective, there is more chance of winning the lottery than there is of following Gabbys path.

My opinion is where the root of this bad feeling stems from & I don't believe it is helpful to AVFC

I remember your brother when he was 7 or 8 & playing for Highgate. He was an exceptional talent then as I'm sure he is now.

There is no right or wrong way to do this-Can you imagine the flak Lambert would get if he played a couple of kids & then we went down?

Get behind the team & the club & stop all this bickering

Friend so mine plays football with Crawley's dad. He reckons Arsenal offered £7k per week and Villa wouldn't go anywhere near to match it.

Dan Crowley, his parents had a visit from Arsene Wenger himself. It's done now anyway, I don't blame Crowley for going.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

So it was nothing to do with career prospects & everything to do with money-What a surprise.

I wouldn't mind betting that a big lump sum was paid out as well.

I've no problem with this as it business but lets cut the crap that youngsters leave Villa because their prospects are better elsewhere or that they are forced to go out on loan.

Â