Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

leebarnett2004

Well wigan passed it round us with ease so i dread to think how easy swansea will have it today.

Before playing us wigan had only scored 6 goals in all their other away games, i think that shows just how shit we are at defending right now.

The only way i see us getting anything is if we score early and that boosts the confidence of the team.

I worrry this could well be another embarrassing performance.

I have a feeling we will come out today playing a classic 4-4-2 with N'Zogbia and Albrighton on the wings, Benteke and Bent up top with Bannan and westwood in the middle.

Me too. With Richard Dunne and Paul McGrath at the heart of the defence

• Like 1

A comfortable home win today!

I've got no confidence in this team whatsoever at the moment. My little brothers under 16's Sunday League team could probably beat Villa in this form! I'd say that Michu probably missing the game through injury is a big plus for us but with the way that we are defending lately it doesn't matter who we are up against! Obviously I want us to win but if we are going to lose then we need to go down fighting, not rolling over to have our bellies tickled! We need to stop the rot NOW!!!

I'm just glad that I'm not going to the game. I've had my fair share of disappointing journeys back down the motorways after away games so far this season and I really didn't fancy starting the new year off with a disappointing journey home from Wales!

I have a feeling we will come out today playing a classic 4-4-2 with N'Zogbia and Albrighton on the wings, Benteke and Bent up top with Bannan and westwood in the middle.

Aren't Bent & NZogbia out injured ??

If Clarke and Herd are in the back 4................

Need Baker and Vlaar back bloody quick to allow Clarke to be the 2nd of the two centre backs. Gets bullied by Roberts. Looks like a Sunday league player at the mo. Herd is a defensive mdifield clogger at best. These two as centre backs and I see nothing but a steady stream of goals.

SWANS: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams ©, Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Routledge, Hernandez, Michu, Graham.

That front 3 .. blimey we are in for a long day.

Aston Villa FC@AVFCOfficial

#AVFC: Guzan, Lowton, Clark [c], Bennett, Herd, Weimann, Delph, Stevens, Westwood, Benteke, Albrighton. #AVFCLIVE

Thought Delph was suspended?!?

You know what, I said we'd lose earlier in the thread but for the last 3-4 games I have been optimistic even in the face of evidence that we are shit I ignore that, I think Villa will win 4-1 lol.

Edited by Daweii