U.S. Politics

maqroll

I'm getting a little worried. They must having something big against the people lined up... Obamacare related uber privatization of healthcare, abolition of voting rights, pick a random amendment (except #2) and invalidate it?

The SC just ruled in favor of abortion rights or against religious numptys.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-abortion/u-s-supreme-court-strikes-down-louisiana-abortion-clinic-restrictions-idUSKBN2401WI

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday defended abortion rights by striking down a Louisiana law placing restrictions on doctors who perform the procedure, dealing a blow to anti-abortion advocates."

but clears the way for the resumption of federal executions and tells environmentalists to go do one w.r.t. to Trumps wall.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-deathpenalty/u-s-supreme-court-clears-way-for-resumption-of-federal-executions-idUSKBN2401S5

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday paved the way for President Donald Trump’s administration to carry out the first federal executions since 2003, turning away an appeal by four inmates challenging the lethal injection protocols due to be used."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-border/u-s-supreme-court-spurns-environmental-challenge-to-trumps-border-wall-idUSKBN2401RY

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a challenge by four environmental groups to the authority of President Donald Trump’s administration to build his promised wall along the border with Mexico."

35 minutes ago, sne said:

St Louis couple pointing guns at BLM protesters walking by their front yard (not on it mind)

This picture is the US in a nutshell. absolutely bonkers. All that's missing is the glass of Vodka Martini in the woman's hand

acf731353f38404e8141a0a4a56dd1ea_md.jpg

If they were black, pointing a gun at people, like that woman. Pretty much guarantee she would have been shot by the police.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't wait til the people who use the term virtue signalling pejoratively realize that this is in itself a virtue signal.

Open-minded self examination its the only route to such a realisation. Ergo, it won't happen. 

• Like 1

I would absolutely love to live in a country where anyone could say anything and people would hold them to account on it.

The problem is this doesn't happen at all. Having the likes of Paul Staines, Kate Andrews and Darren Grimes invited onto every political program in existence to challenge actual experts with presenters willing to ignore their clearly problematic views, background, methods and lack of experience has created this.

That and we seem to have moved towards a lobby media system where no one challenges the government as they'll lose access.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

Sorry to be brief, but am waiting on the 1st tee....

Lots of replies, which is great, by the way.

How many of you guys bothered to go on YouTube to listen to Freeman, Barclay and Washington. None I imagine. If you don't try and learn anything , then how can you have a opinion? These guys are black. They calmly and logically explain why the think BLM is a crock of sh#t. They are not racists, or do you think they are? They are simply saying the same as me.

Where are the protest marches for hundreds of black and white police officers killed every year in the states? Don't their lives matter?

Not so simple is it.....Give it some more thought guys.....

Thanks for the replies,

I,m off next, must dash.

VLD.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Not so simple is it..

Yet, apparently the entire BLM movement is nonsense and can be solved with:

Get an education

Get a job,

Get some self respect,

and stop asking people for a free handout....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graham t said:

How  many of you guys bothered to go on YouTube to listen to Freeman, Barclay and Washington. None I imagine. If you don't try and learn anything , then how can you have a opinion? These guys are black. They calmly and logically explain why the think BLM is a crock of sh#t. They are not racists, or do you think they are? They are simply saying the same as me.

Edited by choffer
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Graham t said:

How many of you guys bothered to go on YouTube to listen to Freeman, Barclay and Washington.

You want to hit us up with a source? No need, I went to YouTube. 

I found this within a minute - several of the people you are suggesting think BLM is a crock are in it. It seems like a bunch of clips from past interviews where the speaker was talking about how they've managed to largely avoid being too negatively impacted by racism.

Out of the whole 12 minutes, there was one single reference to BLM and it was Larry Elder who said "Half of homicides are committed by and against black people. Where's Black Lives Matters People on that?".

Denzel Washington from this video: "The system is rigged...but all the more reason not to help it. 

I didn't see any evidence in this clip that anyone was saying BLM is a crock. I'd be keen to see a clip where they did, if you'd be so kind as to share one. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Graham t said:

On the 5th tee, very windy, a bit like you mate......

Fancy joining the debate?

Incidently, some of you guys seem to have forgotten about my earlier posts..

Yes Trump is a moron

Yes racism is out there ( and vile)

Oh, I didn't say , my playing partner is called Savi, he is from Africa,

Regards,

VLD.

I asked you a direct question and you didn't reply so I presumed you weren't interested in my views 

56 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Sorry to be brief, but am waiting on the 1st tee....

Lots of replies, which is great, by the way.

How many of you guys bothered to go on YouTube to listen to Freeman, Barclay and Washington. None I imagine. If you don't try and learn anything , then how can you have a opinion? These guys are black. They calmly and logically explain why the think BLM is a crock of sh#t. They are not racists, or do you think they are? They are simply saying the same as me.

I did. I couldn’t find anything like what you’re suggesting. As others have pointed out, they seem to be in favour of BLM. If you want to show is a video that backs you up then I’d be interested to see them. Although realise that one or two black people being against BLM doesn’t automatically mean the millions of black (and not black) people who are pro BLM are wrong. 

Where are the protest marches for hundreds of black and white police officers killed every year in the states? Don't their lives matter?

Yes. Their lives matter very much. Black Lives Matter does not mean ONLY Black Lives Matter. Think of it as Black Lives Matter TOO 

But in your example what is there to protest? People that kill police officers are rightly caught, charged and imprisoned. There is nothing to protest. Justice is served as long as that person is caught. 

BLM protests are about injustice to black peoples and people getting away with it. If every time there was a case of police brutality it was rightly charged and people correctly punished then there would be no protests about that either. 

To not see the difference between the two things is to be either ignorant or, quite frankly, racist. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it’s the former. 

Not so simple is it.....Give it some more thought guys.....

Thanks for the replies,

I,m off next, must dash.

VLD.

I’d suggest you’re very much the one who should be giving it more thought. Your reaction to these protests is to dismiss them as nonsense, insult the people protesting and say quite frankly racist things (whether you realise it or not)

Your reaction should be to try and learn what the issues are and understand why people are protesting, not to just label them as wrong

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I haven't watched the YouTube videos but why would Morgan freeman, denzel Washington and Charles Barkley be considered gospel in terms of how black Americans should progress?

One hit the genetic lottery to play in the nba and two others are actors. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I did. I couldn’t find anything like what you’re suggesting. As others have pointed out, they seem to be in favour of BLM. If you want to show is a video that backs you up then I’d be interested to see them. Although realise that one or two black people being against BLM doesn’t automatically mean the millions of black (and not black) people who are pro BLM are wrong. 

Yes. Their lives matter very much. Black Lives Matter does not mean ONLY Black Lives Matter. Think of it as Black Lives Matter TOO 

But in your example what is there to protest? People that kill police officers are rightly caught, charged and imprisoned. There is nothing to protest. Justice is served as long as that person is caught. 

BLM protests are about injustice to black peoples and people getting away with it. If every time there was a case of police brutality it was rightly charged and people correctly punished then there would be no protests about that either. 

To not see the difference between the two things is to be either ignorant or, quite frankly, racist. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it’s the former. 

I’d suggest you’re very much the one who should be giving it more thought. Your reaction to these protests is to dismiss them as nonsense, insult the people protesting and say quite frankly racist things (whether you realise it or not)

Your reaction should be to try and learn what the issues are and understand why people are protesting, not to just label them as wrong

Can't stop, but who have insulted? And how? By disagreeing with them? Bloody hell....

got to go, sorry....

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Can't stop, but who have insulted? And how? By disagreeing with them? Bloody hell....

got to go, sorry....

You suggested that BLM protestors are unintelligent, don’t have jobs and are asking for free handouts. 

That’s pretty insulting if you ask me

• Like 2

Â