U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Excellent breakdown of the ongoing Afghan "tragedy".

Not the only excellent thing about that video. 

• Like 1

Didn't know where to post this. ICE (US Immigration) has ordered all foreign students that colleges go to full online courses they have to leave or transfer.

Pure Evil.

• Sad 1

On 05/07/2020 at 10:42, HanoiVillan said:

Worth reading the whole thread (it doesn't get any saner):

Daffy stuff. I believe some woman in Nebraska actually won her race for congress as an avowed Q-Anon lunatic. 

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

Didn't know where to post this. ICE (US Immigration) has ordered all foreign students that colleges go to full online courses they have to leave or transfer.

Pure Evil.

At least they can leave...

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Excellent breakdown of the ongoing Afghan "tragedy".

What exactly is excellent about that? It's all conjecture & opinion with zero sources quoted. It comes across as half baked Alex Jones style high school musing.

Ooh look we saw a Chomsky video online and now we understand everything about the world. America baaaaaaaaaaaad - & the smoking man in the X-files was real. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What exactly is excellent about that? It's all conjecture & opinion with zero sources quoted. It comes across as half baked Alex Jones style high school musing.

Ooh look we saw a Chomsky video online and now we understand everything about the world. America baaaaaaaaaaaad - & the smoking man in the X-files was real. :rolleyes:

The Afghan papers leaked a few years back are all in the public record and are clearly referenced in this vid for example. Educate yourself.

47 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

:rolleyes:

This is a football forum where in-off topic one finds, for the most part, sensible reasonable debate and chat with friendly and open minded individuals. You however typically post with a holier than thou attitude with an air that you, and you alone, have a far greater understanding of international affairs than any of us other mere mortals who inhibit the space below your intellect. Invariably you start or end a post with a haughty comment such as the one I quoted above which comes across as the attitude akin to a 14 year girl who says "I'm right, so there. Humph."

However when challenged you usually disappear, don't answer another posters rebuttal or revert to type and post some sort of patronizing slight which makes no sense and doesn't shed any light of what your actual point is. One of the rare times I've actually see you quote or post something to back up the superior knowledge that you claim to have was the video you put up yesterday. Again I say I'm shocked at it's paucity of information and even more shocked that this is the kind of internet drivel that you base your supercilious attitude. It's a weak video, with no sources cited full of conjecture and an Alex Jones-esque view that the world is run by some sort of shadowy unseen set of power-brokers that have ulterior motives for every decision ever made. In short, it's total boll*cks.

Forgive me but , I thought you were better than that.

Ad hominem.

Educate yourself was simply a pointer to go and read the Afghan papers as you thought that there was nothing factual in the vid. Please point to how the video is lacking, instead of throwing ''Alex Jones" and then some sort of bizarre Chomsky slur. What shadow power brokers are pointed to? It is pretty explicit that the Imperial US is acting in a geo-strategic manner as such large entities are wont to do. I suppose the Monroe doctrine is conspiracy theory too, or the pivot to Asia. Are you interpreting things as shadowy because you buy into the freedom and democracy/GWOT lines. Do feel free to share your interpretation of the situation as this is clearly such rubbish. 

You are aware that an amendment was inserted into the recent NDAA to prohibit the President from removing troops from Afghanistan or Germany. Congresswoman Cheney's thing... what an interesting choice of policy priority. 

Edited by villakram

Guess it goes here since he's running for president, anyone read Kanye Wests' interview with Forbes?

Guy is completely off his marbles. He's probably one of very few people that makes Trump look like a solid choice.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess it goes here since he's running for president, anyone read Kanye Wests' interview with Forbes?

Guy is completely off his marbles. He's probably one of very few people that makes Trump look like a solid choice.

That's a pre-requisite 😔

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#412fa8c47aab

"An hour into the interview, the hedging was done: He says he definitely plans to run in 2020, versus his original plan in 2024. The campaign slogan: “YES!” His running mate? Michelle Tidball, an obscure preacher from Wyoming. And why the Birthday Party? “Because when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday.”"

Biden vs Trump vs Kanye

Who would you pull the trigger for? 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

That's a pre-requisite 😔

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#412fa8c47aab

"An hour into the interview, the hedging was done: He says he definitely plans to run in 2020, versus his original plan in 2024. The campaign slogan: “YES!” His running mate? Michelle Tidball, an obscure preacher from Wyoming. And why the Birthday Party? “Because when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday.”"

Biden vs Trump vs Kanye

Who would you pull the trigger for? 😂

Hopefully and likely he'll get distracted by a butterfly or something before long. 

He's making the world a worse place every time he opens his mouth, even if it's all just promotion for his new single.

• Like 1

Well this would explain it, or it's just damage control so he won't have to apologize for being a rocket polisher.

The same impulse control and train of thoughts as Trump. 

KANYE WESTIN MIDST OF SERIOUS BIPOLAR EPISODE... Family Very Concerned

Kanye West is in the throes of a serious bipolar episode, our Kanye sources say, and those around him are concerned it has impacted his decision-making and some of the things he's said in the last week ... sources close to Kanye tell TMZ.

Our Kanye sources tell us, he suffers a serious bout with his bipolar disorder, usually once a year ... and our sources say Kanye's in the midst of one now.

As you know, Ye announced he's running for president via Twitter over the weekend, and also did a rambling interview with Forbes ... which drew harsh criticism, confusion and concern.

Our sources say his family and those close to him are worried, but they believe things will stabilize as they have in the past. The problem here, we're told -- Kanye's proclamations are causing problems.

Of course, Kanye's apparent bipolar episode hasn't kept him from garnering presidential campaign support from the likes of Elon Musk ... who hung with the rapper just days prior to his announcement.

Others are much more skeptical, and that skepticism likely grew in the wake of Kanye's wide-interview with Forbes ... in which he dumped Trump, slammed Biden, revealed he's running as part of a new party called the "Birthday Party," claimed he had COVID-19, pushed an anti-vaxx narrative and talked a lot about God.

What the interview didn't touch on, weirdly, was Kanye's mental health.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/09/kanye-west-bipolar-disorder-episode-president-forbes-interview/

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Well this would explain it, or it's just damage control so he won't have to apologize for being a rocket polisher.

The same impulse control and train of thoughts as Trump. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/09/kanye-west-bipolar-disorder-episode-president-forbes-interview/

This anti-vax thing is strange.

He mainly claimed to be concerned about the safety of upcoming potential covid vaccines, just like pretty much every expert I've heard interviewed lately. There's loads to beat him up on w/o  creating some silly narrative.

Edited by villakram

2 minutes ago, villakram said:

This anti-vax thing is strange.

He mainly claimed to be concerned about the safety of upcoming potential covid vaccines, just like pretty much every expert I've heard interviewed lately. There's loads to beat him up on w/o  creating some silly narrative.

Yeah I ain't gonna take any vaccine that means I can't cross the gates of heaven.

West told Forbes Chief Content Editor Randall Lane he’s “extremely cautious” about a coronavirus vaccine, calling it “the mark of the beast” and declaring “they want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”

The remark about chips seems to refer to  pervasive—and debunked—conspiracy theories that Microsoft founder Bill Gates is attempting to implant microchips into billions of people through a coronavirus vaccine, and that Dr. Anthony Fauci said every American should be microchipped.

West also seemed to make reference to another disproven conspiracy theory–that Gates tested a polio vaccine in India and paralyzed nearly 500,000 children–saying, “so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralyzed.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/08/they-want-to-put-chips-inside-us-kanye-west-cites-debunked-anti-vaccine-conspiracy-theories/#3ac5297124b8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â