U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 29/06/2020 at 13:24, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, it's easy to laugh at this couple, or be angry at them for their behaviour. But, they are scared. They're scared between they've seen pictures of riots at or after BLM protests and have been told by their chosen media, and President that BLM and protesters want to kill them and loot their homes.

The protesters are where they are because they have a real fear (and somewhat justified) that a person of authority (ie police) is going to kill them. 

Both sides are terrified of each other, leading to situations like the above. It's a desperately sad situation, not one to laugh at tbh.

Just a follow up. The guy and his attorney are currently being interviewed on CNN. The guy believes that he is a victim of ‘terrorism’ - he is completely belligerent, argumentative  and believes that he is the victim. In his mind he did nothing wrong.

His attorney appears to be inebriated and is completely incoherent.

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just a follow up. The guy and his attorney are currently being interviewed on CNN. The guy believes that he is a victim of ‘terrorism’ - he is completely belligerent, argumentative  and believes that he is the victim. In his mind he did nothing wrong.

His attorney appears to be inebriated and is completely incoherent.

I'm not attempting to justify their behaviour, far from it.

But the situation in the states is desperately sad. They have been radicalized to think like that.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If they actually got their hands on the POTUS they’d shit themselves and not know what to do.

And getting hold of him would be so easy.

Just wait a few months, then invite him to an award ceremony to pick up ‘the big prize’.

Just tell him he’s won a caravan microwave, or a magic chicken, or the ‘biggest bestest man ever’ trophy.

He’ll turn up.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And getting hold of him would be so easy.

Just wait a few months, then invite him to an award ceremony to pick up ‘the big prize’.

Just tell him he’s won a caravan microwave, or a magic chicken, or the ‘biggest bestest man ever’ trophy.

He’ll turn up.

That actually happens in an episode of Brooklyn 99.

I can see Trump being walked away in cuffs shouting "Can't this wait until after the cruise"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a round up technique. All those low level people that aren’t worth the resource to chase, send them a text saying they’ve won a TV or NFL tickets or a Hamper or in this case, a DVD player, and they come to you.

I’m sure the simpsons did a scene on this too

Not entirely endorsing the final line of the tweet, but yeesh, this claim:

Four months into the crisis (and that's being charitable, it should really be more like six) there is no official national plan for coronavirus, but good news, there is this genius saying 'I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope'.

• Like 1

It’s quite likely that it will burn itself out at some point but with no plan it will cause a heck of a lot of chaos and damage first. I think it’s a case of the virus showing up his limitations as a ‘manager’.

• Like 1

Just over 51.000 new registered cases yesterday in the US. And it's going up each day.

They have totally lost control 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

57.200 new confirmed cases yesterday in the US, yet again a new record. And the number of people who needs medical treatment is also going up so it's not just increased testing that is the reason.

The Alabama rally cancelled.

Handmaids Tale meets The Man in the High Castle. 

It looks so very, very much like a WW2 Nazi rally.

Donald Trump's Mount Rushmore Rally

Donald Trump's idea of a 4th of July celebration was igniting a culture war, as 7,500 of his followers exposed themselves to a massive coronavirus outbreak.

Check out the crowd at Mount Rushmore ... ZERO social distancing, per the Governor herself, who believes crowding together is a symbol of freedom. In fact, the chairs were zip-tied together because of fire code regulations. Masks were few and far between and the crowd sat for hours, cheering and doing the things that spread the virus.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/04/donald-trump-mount-rushmore-culture-war-crowd-coronavirus-covid/

There's more pictures in the article but can't copy them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bloody hell, yes it does. All that red, white and black. Coincidence? I think not. 

To be fair that photo looks shopped a fair bit, the reds are very vibrant and the blues look much darker. Those presidential seals should be navy blue but look black, the greens are also much darker than you'd expect which also accentuate the effect. Mt Rushmore itself looks greyscale, its almost devoid of colour

• Like 1

Â