U.S. Politics

maqroll

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Surely its time for our US correspondent to come and point at Biden. 

It is depressing he's our only hope though, isn't it? Hoping creepy old man "No Baloney" Biden survives until the election.

Is there nobody qualified that won't be an Octogenarian by the end of their term?!

• Like 1

Just now, il_serpente said:

This is another way Biden has benefitted from Covid.   Everyone sees Trump's gaffes everyday and Biden doesn't have an opportunity to make any, let alone have anyone see them.   His handlers are perfectly happy for him to sit in his basement and have this election be a referendum on Trump.

Like Boris being kept off telly. It works, damage limitation.

• Like 2

It's been evident for years that Trump is clearly not well. His speech is absolutely appalling. He can't even talk properly, crunching through simple pronunciation like the gearbox on a learners first drive, but the garbled nature of it... He loses track of things mid sentence, bouncing between snatches of thoughts and phrases and plastered over with bluster. 

But it never matters. 

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's been evident for years that Trump is clearly not well. His speech is absolutely appalling. He can't even talk properly, crunching through simple pronunciation like the gearbox on a learners first drive, but the garbled nature of it... He loses track of things mid sentence, bouncing between snatches of thoughts and phrases and plastered over with bluster. 

But it never matters. 

He's impaired after years of amphetamine use

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't they have secondary candidates? Like a vice candidate with every primary candidate? 

If Biden kicks the bucket the delegates would shift to Sanders who would then be the nominee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Rayshard Brooks a black man from Atlanta was apparently killed by police while sleeping in his car, and it's all kicking off again. Cops have been fired, no charges as of yet.

The Atlanta PD has released body cam video showing the interaction between Rayshard Brooks and cops in a Wendy's parking lot moments before Brooks was shot and killed.

The conversation between Brooks and Officer Garrett Rolfe starts out cordial. Rolfe suspects Brooks had been drinking and driving, although when cops came on scene Brooks was not driving ... he had fallen asleep in his car.

Rolfe is trying to get Brooks to admit he had been drinking and driving, pressing him to take a field sobriety test. Brooks says he had a few drinks during his daughter's birthday party, but that was it.

Brooks makes it clear ... he doesn't want trouble and agreed to leave his car behind and walk home. Rolfe clearly views that comment as a confession Brooks is unable to drive.

Eventually, Brooks takes the test and the officer tries to handcuff him, and that's when a struggle ensues.

Again, Brooks was able to grab one of the officer's tasers and run, so the officers knew a man accused of a non-violent misdemeanor was running away from them with a NON-LETHAL weapon, yet Brooks was shot 3 times.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/14/rayshard-brooks-cops-wendys-atlanta-police-shooting-taser/

There is a video from the cop cam

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Rayshard Brooks a black man from Atlanta was apparently killed by police while sleeping in his car, and it's all kicking off again. Cops have been fired, no charges as of yet.

From what I read he first had a physical confrontation with the police, then stole a tazer off them, then fired the tazer on them. 

I don't think shooting a man in the back or anything is acceptable. Quite the opposite in fact. But you have to be very very careful about these discussions. Stealing a non lethal weapon and shooting it at law enforcement is not ok. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

From what I read he first had a physical confrontation with the police, then stole a tazer off them, then fired the tazer on them. 

I don't think shooting a man in the back or anything is acceptable. Quite the opposite in fact. But you have to be very very careful about these discussions. Stealing a non lethal weapon and shooting it at law enforcement is not ok. 

So many conflicting reports I don't even know what's true anymore.

Most say he took the taser and ran and was shot in the back. Even if he tased the cop in the face, I don't think the response is shooting him 3 times with a gun.

From the video @sne posted (disturbing warning) he was clearly shot while running away. So unnecessary. 

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So many conflicting reports I don't even know what's true anymore.

Most say he took the taser and ran and was shot in the back. Even if he tased the cop in the face, I don't think the response is shooting him 3 times with a gun.

From the video @sne posted (disturbing warning) he was clearly shot while running away. So unnecessary. 

Apparently the cops waited for more than 2 minutes before the checked his vitals after they shot him.

Hypothetically, if a candidate was to fall seriously ill or become too utterly compromised *before* the convention, I think you could get many of their delegates to support someone else. I know there are a lot of 'pledged' delegates who can't change their votes, but if it turned out the candidate was a murderer or something I'm sure they'd just change the rules. What you'd do if something went wrong with the candidate *after* the convention, I have no idea. I seem to recall we nearly had to find out four years ago when Hillary fainted, but I guess she turned that around.

Â