U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Victory for Trump day incoming.

Huge thanks to Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi, without whose hard work and dedication, none of this would have been possible!

So they should just let Trump do whatever he wants instead? Not sure where you stand really.

12 hours ago, villakram said:

Victory for Trump day incoming.

Huge thanks to Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi, without whose hard work and dedication, none of this would have been possible!

Pretty much agree and I don't think people on here get it. In wanting to hold Trump to 'account' through an 'institution' (for lack of a better term) which was never going to deliver that accountability the entire charade will only serve to strengthen Trump. Tulsi Gabbard had it spot on months ago.

• Like 1

Trump has revoked the ban Obama put in place for the US military to use landmines.

164 countries has signed the ban and the US finally did it in 2014, but once again now they show that they care little for international laws.

Using torture, landmines and whatever in the name of god and goodness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pretty much agree and I don't think people on here get it. In wanting to hold Trump to 'account' through an 'institution' (for lack of a better term) which was never going to deliver that accountability the entire charade will only serve to strengthen Trump. Tulsi Gabbard had it spot on months ago.

I think it was a difficult situation for Dems as they probably had to do something. Would have been better without that clown Schiff as impeachment manager though. He's the politician equivalent of that person who scours twitter looking for an apparently offensive comment by a celebrity or politician, retweets it around half the world calling for a boycott/sacking etc, and then has to back track when it turns out it was completely made up.

Quoting the CBS report about the 'head on the pike' thing. Easy for Republicans to say we have never been told that, and gives them the excuse they need to undermine everything else. It doesn't matter that Trump makes things up 100 times a day, that even Republican senators are basically admitted he is guilty. All it needs it one slip up from the democrats, and what are Trumps base going to think about? 

The Democrats needed to focus 100% on facts, and as usual they got caught up with what is basically gossip.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

So they should just let Trump do whatever he wants instead? Not sure where you stand really.

Sometimes a comment is just a comment, with no subtext or innuendo.

It is kind of funny/interesting though, how some comments are interpreted literally and others not depending on this and that. The human condition.

16 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

'Jury and defendant agree to end trial in a week's time'

With this and Brexit, the world sucks this week.

With coronavirus, bushfires, Kobe Bryant and the Iran contretemps, 2020 is a disaster so far. But it's a new month today, so...but Villa lost to Bournemouth so **** it all to Hell.

1. DNC changes rules to allow billionaire Mike Bloomberg into debates.

2. Hillary Clinton allies begin floating brokered convention stories in light of the Sanders campaigns continued unacceptable success. Her, of course, would ride in to save the day!

3. Des Moines Register refuses to publish final poll, before voting on Tuesday. Sanders would be out front.

Observe pure democracy in action as carried out by the brave and valiant Democrats. It's in the name, see!

In the unlikely event Sanders became the candidate it's already been revealed that the Corbyn attack lines will be used - anti-Semitism etc. Despite the fact that Sanders is himself Jewish. Self hating Jew evidently.

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Heh, I probably would have gotten that wrong as well, though I’m not the President of that country to be fair.

Every 8 year in the US learns that Kansas City is in Missouri - It's obviously a quirk of geography thats why everyone learns it. It would be like saying congratulations to Leeds and everyone in Cornwall.

It just proves everything about that charlatan. He doesn't even know where most of his voters live.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Every 8 year in the US learns that Kansas City is in Missouri - It's obviously a quirk of geography thats why everyone learns it. It would be like saying congratulations to Leeds and everyone in Cornwall.

It just proves everything about that charlatan. He doesn't even know where most of his voters live.

Always fascinated me that there is a Kansas City in Kansas as well... literally next to Kansas City, Missouri. 

1.jpg?w=624

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Always fascinated me that there is a Kansas City in Kansas as well... literally next to Kansas City, Missouri. 

1.jpg?w=624

I lived in the metro area from 1970 to 1979 and again between 1988 and 1990.   My mother is still in the area and I was just there 2 weeks ago visiting.  I hadn't realized that the main one was in Missouri until we moved there, but then I was only 9 years old and hadn't even been in the country for 2 years at that point.  You would expect the President of the US to do a little better.   Well, not this president.  The city is at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers and was settled and named Kansas before the states of Kansas and Missouri existed.   The Kansas Territory was established, leading the settlement on the Missouri side of the line to change its name to Kansas City. 

A good portion of the dividing line between the two Kansas Citys is a road called State Line Road.   You have to go to liquor stores in Kansas to buy beer stronger than 3.2% alcohol, and liquor was always much more expensive than in Missouri.   So Kansas Liquor Control Board agents would often wait across State Line Road from Missouri liquor stores to catch Kansas residents going shopping for booze in Missouri.   Missouri used to have Blue Laws that kept most stores shut on Sundays, so shopping malls on the Kansas side would be full of cars with Missouri license plates on Sundays, particularly at Christmastime.   The state Attorney General of Kansas in the early 70's tried to extend the prohibition of selling liquor by the drink to airplanes flying over the state.   Mike Pompeo is just the latest in a line of batshit crazy Kansans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Like Leeds Castle being in Kent, Rather than Leeds which is 240 miles away from Leeds Castle. Even stranger, There is actually a castle just outside Leeds Called Ripley castle, Ripley however is 100 miles away the other direction in Derbyshire & does not have a castle

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Â