U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

This will get the YAAAS QUEEN liberals fired up, because this kind of theater is all politics is to them. They stand for absolutely nothing. When Trump was announcing the pupp...I mean "true" president of Venezuela, Guaido, she couldn't contain her excitement in the way she got up and started clapping. Despicable.

• Like 2

The Democrats,  they are just a shit Labour.  

They should offer free Broadband and promote it with the Tiger from Frosties adverts the words removed.  It's the only answer.

That was Nancies "Remember where you are and who you are" cheat sheet anyway.  They can't beat Trump and they know it.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Embarrassing from Pelosi. 

Trump derangement syndrome is strong in the Dems and it will be their downfall again. 

In her defense, he refused to shake her hand when he walked to the podium. And his speech was riddled with lies and idiotic boasts. I'd have been tempted to do the same to his fat traitorous face.

Edited by maqroll

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Good for Mitt. Susan Collins could learn something from his example. I can't wait to vote against her in November.

You probably didn't mean it in this way, but I'd prefer if people would instead consider voting *for* someone.

The voting *against* mindset results in piss-poor candidates like Ms. Clinton getting way too far down the road to electability.

27 minutes ago, villakram said:

You probably didn't mean it in this way, but I'd prefer if people would instead consider voting *for* someone.

The voting *against* mindset results in piss-poor candidates like Ms. Clinton getting way too far down the road to electability.

Maine Dem senate primary hasn't been held yet. There is no candidate to vote for yet besides Collins, so yes, I meant it that way.

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maine Dem senate primary hasn't been held yet. There is no candidate to vote for yet besides Collins, so yes, I meant it that way.

Oh, are you allowed to vote in their primary or are you getting dirty and donning an R for an evening? and of course, which lovely repub is getting your "endorsement"?

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Oh, are you allowed to vote in their primary or are you getting dirty and donning an R for an evening? and of course, which lovely repub is getting your "endorsement"?

I'm not affiliated with either party, but I never vote GOP

Right now it looks like Sara Gideon is the presumptive Dem nominee, for state house Speaker. 

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Mitt Romney is going to vote to convict Trump of abuse of Power, according to a news alert I just got

Meh. Trump hates him already so the Trump base will never vote for him.
Romney has nothing to lose - to me it's just a ploy with one eye on 2024. "Look I'm a Republican but not as bad as the last guy." Poor miscalculation IMO.

Maybe I'm just cynical about all of them but whenever they say something "I had to vote with my conscience" that immediately translates to "I'm lying and I'm actually doing this with a long game in mind." 

• Like 3

I disagree with Romney on almost everything, but he earns my respect here. He and his entire family is under pressure and he's done the right thing here, unlike all the cowards in his party. It feels like we are at true turning point in this country. So many things seem to be hanging in the balance.

• Like 2

Seems Sanders has actually done better in Iowa than reported. 

Funny that.

In other news, what's the future of the Democratic Party looking like? 2024 candidates looking strong? The country might fancy a swing back to only slightly right wing by then.

The entire nominee process is absurd.

Bloomberg has only registered in the big events late in the race in the hope he can win by ignoring the rest of the race. The equivalent of walking into a tournament in the final and insisting on golden goal rules.

Some states randomly have the superdelegate crap.

And so on.

It's farcical.

• Like 1

Â