U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's just starting to sink in how surreal it is that on the first day of his presidency, the POTUS wheeled out his press secretary to give a press conference lying about the size of his inauguration crowd off all things.

How thin skinned can you get, jheeze. What happens if a world leader says something about him, or they laugh at him at the G20 summit or something, is he going to drop nukes?

A President with a huge ego.........it will end badly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-us-president-false-claims-inauguration-white-house-sean-spicer-kellyanen-conway-press-a7541171.html?

January 20, Liberty Ball

Claim 1: "The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the rain, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside," he said. "The helicopter scene was an incredible scene, and then, amazingly it rained—like God was looking down on us."

Reality: The rain started as Mr Trump began his inauguration speech, as he acknowledged the next day during a speech at CIA headquarters.

January 20, Salute To Our Armed Services Ball

Claim 2: "Even the media said the crowd was massive. That was all the way back down to the Washington Monument."

Reality: Photos show the crowd did not stretch that far.

January 21, speech at CIA headquarters

Claim 3: "We had a massive field of people. You saw that. Packed. I get up this morning. I turn on one of the networks and they show an empty field. I say, 'Wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out. The field was ... It looked like a million, a million and a half people.' Whatever it was, it was. But it went all the way back to the Washington Monument."

Reality: Estimates vary but one crowd expert said fewer people attended the inauguration than did the Women's March protest the following day, whose numbers he estimated at just under half a million. Photos also show attendance was far lower than at Barack Obama's ceremonies, the first of which in 2009 drew an estimated 1.8 million people.

Washington Metro statistics also showed markedly lower passenger numbers before 11am on January 20 than on those prior occasions.

Claim 4: "The rain should have scared them away. But God looked down and he said, 'We’re not going to let it rain on your speech.' In fact, when I first started I said, "Oh no." First line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said, 'Oh, this is, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it.' But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny, and then I walked off and it poured right after I left."

Reality: The rain did not stop immediately, leading former President George W Bush to don a plastic poncho. The sun remained behind the clouds following Mr Trump's speech.

Claim 5: "Time magazine—and I have been on their cover, like, 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine. Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it's one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right? I've been on it for 15 times this year. I don’t think that's a record, Mike, that can ever be broken."

Reality: Richard Nixon featured on Time's cover 55 times. Time told Politico's Playbook Mr Trump had been on the cover 11 times.

It's not a great start is it?

People will say 'oh it's only a small lie, why are you going on about it?' but for me, that he's willing to lie about something as directly provable as the **** weather shows that he will continue to outwardly lie even when the truth is literally right there and the opposite.

I hadn't listened to the whole CIA speech. It's literally like watching a comedy show with canned laughter and all. It just sounds so fake. You don't cheer and woop at a serious place like this. I still can't get over the POTUS bringing an entourage with him to cheer for him. It's. Mental.

1:44

I am so behind you. So many times you haven't gotten the backing you've wanted. And you're going to get so much backing. You're going to say 'please don't give us so much backing.  *canned laughter*  Mr President please, we don't need that much backing. *Canned laughter*

2:20

Probably almost everybody in this room voted for me, but I will not ask you to raise your hands. *Canned laughter* But I would guarantee a big portion.

3:06

We have to get rid of ISIS, we have to get rid of ISIS. We have no choice *clapping and some wooping*

3:43

This is a level of evil we have never seen

And the best one (got it from a transcript)

I WASN’T A FAN OF IRAQ. BUT I TELL YOU, WHEN WE WERE IN, WE GOT OUT WRONG. I ALWAYS SAID IN ADDITION TO THAT, KEEP THE OIL. I SAID THAT FOR ECONOMIC REASONS. BUT IF WE KEPT THE OIL YOU PROBABLY WOULDN’T HAVE ISIS, BECAUSE THAT’S WHERE THEY MADE THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. BUT OK, MAYBE WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE.

I mean, I watched the first four minutes. I couldn't even watch any more. It's mental.

Now you have stories coming out that the visit was incredibly uncomfortable which isn't surprising considering he called the CIA nazis on Twitter less than two weeks ago.

I still have to take a step back and remind myself that it actually happened, it's utterly mind-boggling.  He even infiltrated my dream last night.  He'd taken over where I work and I was just standing there trying to flick plastic cups so they landed the right way up on his head.

• Like 1

3 executive orders signed today.

Withdrawal from TPP.

Freeze on hiring federal workers. (aside from the military, of course) + freeze on their salaries. 

Reinstating the Global Gag rule, banning federal funds going towards organisations worldwide who provide abortions or who even give women information or options about abortion.

More isolationist bullshit, this time with an added sprinkle of "**** women."

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

There's a big push on to get him bumped from consideration. Alleged close Russian ties...

A big push by whom, the Democrats? CNN?

During the fairly short period between him running the DIA (the US Army's most senior intelligence officer) and joining Trump's bid, Flynn went to Russia several times, meeting with elements of the Russian General Staff and doing some media interviews and and Q & A with RT - see YouTube below.

Not very proficient under cover work by a career intelligence officer if he was going offside with the Reds...

He firmly believes that the global north should be cooperating closely to tackle the threat of radical Islam, frequently pointing out that the US and UK fought alongside Stalin to defeat the greater threat from Germany, despite the mutual distaste.

It's a geo-strategic policy position based on the current global security environment, not treason. Any informed American politicians arguing the latter are doing so for cynical political positioning, nothing more.

• Like 1

Need the selection process to be fair .......Bernie would have walk this one (IMO) .....Been said be interesting to see how this experiment pans out .....trump could be great .......Don`t like that paul ryan lad ....seems to be licking major hole since he tried to **** over trump 

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

someone reaaaallly didn't want to be first lady

I think after the speech writers threw her under the bus in the lead up and she got slaughtered for copying Michelle Obamas speech she doesn't want it, it's surprising but I can accept why she wouldn't want it! She's now trapped in the limelight, probably had to stop her private Pilates lessons with Pedro (fake news!) moving from her penthouse in New York (when her son finishes school anyway) it's a massive lifestyle change that she's no doubt had absolutely no say in

her life has gone

Now this is a story all about how
The world got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you all about the prick with the ridiculous hair

I was to a billionaire, born and raised
In the bankruptcy courts I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin', a fool
And all groping some pussy outside of the school
With a couple of guys who were wearing the hood
I started blaming latins in your neighborhood