U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sanders running as a Dem was a colossal mistake. He was sabotaged by them, and left with no recourse. What the Democrats need to do to revive the party is purge it of the old guard, bring in new blood, and move to the left. Hard left.

There is a problem with this maybe ? If we say the imaginary turning circle of a Democracy is 9,  left or right.  We can safely assume that Trump will be hard right all the way,  I think this is a safe bet.  After 4 or 8 years or whatever,  if the proposed solution is an 18 step move to the left I doubt anyone alive today would be alive to reap the benefits of a change in direction as the lurching from right to left or whatever must put strain on everything and everyone as it is a total change in psych for a whole nation,  twice in 20 odd years (Does what I describe have a name?).  It's a long way for a country to travel from a trump 9 to a Bernie 9 is what I am saying.  I don't even know if it can even be measured or as I am starting to realise with the lack of full stops in this post,  I could be seeing problems that are not there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

To be fair Tony 'Ah but...' may as well be your signature :)

It would be a boring thread / forum if every time someone posted "Isn't Trump << insert phrase of choice>>

every posters just replied and said " I agree"

no thread would be longer than about 2 pages

However If someone was to highlight that the previous president also had whooping crowds at a "sacred" wall and that perhaps , just perhaps , the evidence being presented was just ever so slightly biased and factually incorrect .. then the thread might run to 211 pages

I know its a controversial view , but I just like a bit of consistency when people chastise T whilst giving Peace prizes to O  and from my brief attempt at wanting to be a Lawyer and doing O' Level law at college (I discovered beer instead , the laws lose  I imagine :) ) , I thought the done thing was to cite precedent  ..or should that be president   :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Awol said:

Ah, the Corbyn solution. I can tell you that's working a treat against a Conservative government just begging to be kicked in the knackers - while Labour trips over its feet. 

Different country, different systems...the American electorate is getting younger and darker, and the vacuum created by this Democrat implosion calls for new leadership with new ideas that should reflect the needs and concerns of this shifting demographic. Establishment, corporatist cronyism won't cut it. Trump has already kickstarted mass activism, and his agenda will only serve to mobilize more and more young people. In a roundabout way, Trump might actually be the best thing to happen for the Democratic Party.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

gaslights

do you remember that time when Penny Mordaunt had a bet to use the word "cock" in parliament , I'm starting to think you have a similar bet with the word Gaslight ..it's been in nearly every post of yours I've read in the last 24 hours :D

tomorrows word Vt'ers will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious , one 1 internet will be awarded to anyone who can casually slip this word into a post without anyone noticing

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Isn't gaslighting the same as taking the piss? Also..."cuck"..seems these two terms just came out of nowhere.

snowflake is in there as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'll ask again.

When was Obama ever even accused of bringing his own people to cheer for him during speeches or press conferences? Trump has been twice in two weeks. Obviously the people who reported it are liars, or Obama actually did bring cheerleaders in with him.

There's 'ahhhhh buts' and there's clutching at straws.

Well I didn't actually accuse him  like you do in a game of Cluedo  and say Obama , By the wall with a Pom Pom ,  but I used the evidence you very thoughtfully provided for me to prove that he must have done  ( not only cheerleaders but  he even brought the same canned laughter track with him )  ... your very own complaint , backed up with evidence ,  was it's a hallowed wall and the CIA wouldn't be Whooping and cheering  , so then for Obama's visit , lets then  remove the CIA from the equation .. so who does that leave that was Whooping and cheering  .. the press ? Penry the mild mannered Janitor ?..or perhaps people invited by Obama ? same way as Trump invited people 

As a buy one get one free I even gave you the CBS view as to why those people might have been there and that there were Indeed some cheering CIA people in the crowd

Not sure I've accused anyone of Lying , just being economical with the truth

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Isn't gaslighting the same as taking the piss? Also..."cuck"..seems these two terms just came out of nowhere.

Cuck has just gained momentum thanks to the 'alt-right' words removed brigade. It's their favourite put down for anyone that disagrees with their horseshit.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Cuck has just gained momentum thanks to the 'alt-right' words removed brigade. It's their favourite put down for anyone that disagrees with their horseshit.

It also betrays how they're closely intertwined with the whole red pill movement as well. I bet a good portion of the origin stories of alt-right members involves their wife/girlfriend being screwed by a black man :lol: 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It also betrays how they're closely intertwined with the whole red pill movement as well. I bet a good portion of the origin stories of alt-right members involves their wife/girlfriend being screwed by a black man :lol: 

It could just be a really huge Norwich type place that is now known throughout the world as the United States of America that has,  for reasons unknown has been left to go bad in plain sight.  The irony of all the media in the US but none of them knew they were all starting to look a little similar to each other and secretly thinking of going to the "Sales" in Ipswitch on Wednesday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

do you remember that time when Penny Mordaunt had a bet to use the word "cock" in parliament , I'm starting to think you have a similar bet with the word Gaslight ..it's been in nearly every post of yours I've read in the last 24 hours :D

tomorrows word Vt'ers will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious , one 1 internet will be awarded to anyone who can casually slip this word into a post without anyone noticing

Take the piss all you want but while it's the tactic of Trump and his team then I will keep repeating it.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Well I didn't actually accuse him  like you do in a game of Cluedo  and say Obama , By the wall with a Pom Pom ,  but I used the evidence you very thoughtfully provided for me to prove that he must have done  ( not only cheerleaders but  he even brought the same canned laughter track with him )  ... your very own complaint , backed up with evidence ,  was it's a hallowed wall and the CIA wouldn't be Whooping and cheering  , so then for Obama's visit , lets then  remove the CIA from the equation .. so who does that leave that was Whooping and cheering  .. the press ? Penry the mild mannered Janitor ?..or perhaps people invited by Obama ? same way as Trump invited people 

As a buy one get one free I even gave you the CBS view as to why those people might have been there and that there were Indeed some cheering CIA people in the crowd

Not sure I've accused anyone of Lying , just being economical with the truth

We could go on with this all day.

It was never even suggested Obama brought cheerleaders with him. By anyone. Not even the far-right bullshit artists, and they've said some shit about him.

Yet is Trump accused (confirmed believing reports) twice in two weeks by the mainstream media.

Why is that? The media are just out for poor Donald? That's the line his own team make out. That poor him is demoralised :( Seems you buy into that school of thought as well.

Edited by StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That poor him is demoralised :( Seems you buy into that school of thought as well.

respectfully , You can't swallow every line on Twitter and present it as fact , and when I suggest that the evidence put forward is flawed  , reply that I buy into a "school of thought "

I'm not really remotely interested in Trump ..or defending him .. I'm making a case against accepting "schools of thought " when they are presented to you in 140 words (or whatever it is)

Â