U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hyper-normalisation in action.

Everything the man says in under scrutiny because he is the **** president of the United States.

Here's a (very long) article of everything he has been involved with.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

And that's without the mental things he has said. Look at today with his camp dismissing lies as 'alternative facts' and threatening the media if they called his press secretary a liar (which he was)

It. Is. Not Normal.

It. Is. Not. 'just a sign of the times'. (what the hell does that even mean?'

Bloody hell Stefan they are all as bent as 9 bob notes. Is there anything he has said that you like or agree with? Sign of the times= trump, Brexit, far right gaining power in Europe. 

59 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't you think he was being sarcastic ? I've watched the video a couple of times and it's definitely a joke to me. Some might say a bit of a sick joke but in all honesty I wouldn't be getting too irate about it. 

Sarcasm might be more or less obvious to a native English speaker, but if you don't understand English to begin with, the hard translation reads as intent. As POTUS, Trump needs to be serious and measured, but of course, he's neither. The world is one misconstrued tweet away from open warfare.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I saw the 14 defining characteristics of fascism posted somewhere recently and was stunned at how many parallels there are Trump, and I hate being hyperbolic. See how many checks you get with this one.

There's no hyperbole or conspiracy theory involved in plain facts ;)

There are many labels. Fascism is one. The problem I have with them is that we end up discussing whether Trump fits the exact definition of an ideology rather than focusing on what what's actually happening.

No doubt that he's presiding over a closing society though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xann said:

Putin should have rigged it properly and won it himself.

Here's Pie.

So true how he turns the left's ammo right against them. Fake news used to refer to the demonstrably fake news circulated among Trump supporters on Facebook. Now it literally just means "news Donald Trump disagrees with". You have to hand it to the right, they know how to play the game and get shit done.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's worrying that some people see a barking mad leader of the most powerful country in the world as a bit of light entertainment :wacko:

I don't. That pie geezer though is funny and somewhat angry by the look of it. This is the man America voted for so let's see what happens. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don't. That pie geezer though is funny and somewhat angry by the look of it. This is the man America voted for so let's see what happens. 

Well, it's the man their broken electoral college system voted for, but sure.

For me, Brexit and Trump have proved that there are an awful lot of people who seemed to have the opinion of "I've got nothing to lose so f**k it, I'll go for the mad choice".

I think given the fullness of time those people will learn that they do actually have plenty to lose, and they'll lose it. 

Just my take on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

How do you even joke about invading a country as POTUS? Dude thinks he's at the country club or something, like he doesn't have the nuclear codes at his fingertips now. It's quite astonishing.

It's amazing how he was allowed into this position.  Moneyed elites think he's under their control, bit I'm reminded of this.

• Like 2

Â