U.S. Politics

maqroll

57 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Does that really matter though,  maybe he wants everyone to be distracted by it.  Seems to work quite well as people are getting a bit hot under the collar about silly little things.  I don't see anyone taking apart Obama's record or promises.  The real numbers that matter are not how many people turned up to see something,  if they had half a brain they get mannequins to represent everyone who has died in a mass shooting over the last 8 years.  I suggest these numbers are more important than who went to see a inauguration of someone who was not voted for in the state they are doing the counting.

I dunno,  seems a lot of effort is being made to shoot down everything Trump says or does.  

The thing is though, it was Trump and nobody else who brought up the inauguration numbers. His first ever press briefing as president was held primarily to discuss (and lie about) such an inconsequential thing. How is it the media's fault for covering that. I'll link you the video later but during CNN's coverage of the briefing, Cooper in particular was incredulous that they even had to discuss such petty things. What were they supposed to do, not cover the first briefing by the press secretary? It's not their fault the president is a thin skinned egoist.

I find it so fascinating that literally everything Trump does is pivoted right back at his opponents. It's political brilliance really, why has nobody thought of it before? Real life 'anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you'. "Why are you talking about such inconsequential things" when it was literally the president himself who brought it up. Incredible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I find it so fascinating that literally everything Trump does is pivoted right back at his opponents. It's political brilliance really, why has nobody thought of it before?

They have. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My mistake.

However, it doesn't change the point being made.

In 8 years, was Obama ever accused of bringing in his own people just to laugh and cheer? Trump has been 'accused' (for want of a better word, you'd be blind to not acknowledge it is happening) twice in two weeks of doing this. At his press conference (reported by multiple members of the media) and at the CIA (reported by CIA officials)

Are they liars?

well yes , kind of  , by the very evidence you presented  .. as he already clearly stated that CIA people wouldn't be so disrespectful in front of that wall ..... so now we've ruled out CIA employees , who else were they ?

Now I don't know if Trump brought Cheerleaders specifically to laugh at his jokes , (maybe I should borrow some of them for my VT posts  )  , but as I understand it Mike Pompeo,  was due to be sworn in during that event , but it got delayed ..maybe those people were brought in for that specific event ?

CBS have reported that Trump DOES have supporters in the CIA , they were seated off to the right , where Trump appeared to be directing his remarks

So I dunno  , I mean I agree with you the whole event looks kinda crass , but at the risk of Ahh but .. it was also kinda crass under Obama and I think all I'm looking for is some consistency in the condemnation

I'll ask again.

When was Obama ever even accused of bringing his own people to cheer for him during speeches or press conferences? Trump has been twice in two weeks. Obviously the people who reported it are liars, or Obama actually did bring cheerleaders in with him.

There's 'ahhhhh buts' and there's clutching at straws.

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:
2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

"I'm sure you all voted for me, I won't ask you to put your hands up". Can you imagine Obama saying something as sinister

Only if he was at a thalidomide conference but he wasn't so I don't get the sinister bit.  I think you have him down as the end of level boss that you must hate and take apart.  Is you saying that is sinister just riding the press wave of BS as well ? 

Don't forget,  a lot of people want him to fail at their own expense FFS.  What if, he does a good job ? 

29 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Only if he was at a thalidomide conference but he wasn't so I don't get the sinister bit.  I think you have him down as the end of level boss that you must hate and take apart.  Is you saying that is sinister just riding the press wave of BS as well ? 

Obviously that's it. I just hate Donald Trump so I'm making everything up. Poor Donald is the victim here, of unfair reporting and media BS.

It was sinister. First he gaslights them and makes that statement. The fact that he's willingly open to gaslighting the **** CIA has me worried.

30 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Don't forget,  a lot of people want him to fail at their own expense FFS.  What if, he does a good job ? 

Then awesome. We'll see what he's achieved after 4 years. Repealing TPP could be a very good start on that front, but shame about everything else in the last four days that you just seem to be dismissing as 'media BS'.

• Like 1

The thing to consider for all the progressives angry at Trump is this: if the Democrats weren't institutionally corrupt, hadn't rigged their own selection process, hadn't been caught inciting and organising political violence and hadn't been outed for colluding with the media to try and rig the TV debates and broader media coverage, perhaps fewer people would have believed the (blatantly credible) accusation that HRC was corrupt?

The Democrats gifted this election to Trump and he was smart enough to exploit it and make out like a bandit when their conniving corruption was exposed. 

You reap what you sow and hysterical opposition to Trump isn't fixing the actual problem in the only party that can displace him next time.

Also does every other post have to reference either 'gaslight', 'gas-lighting'? Once that point was made a dozen times in a row (10 pages ago) it doesn't really add much - imo.

• Like 2

Whataboutism works in a competition but when he has already won, it is nothing more than a deflection. He needs to be judged based on his behaviour now he's in office, not deflecting to the democrats who have already been punished with their crushing loss.

As for gaslighting, while it continues to be an accurate representation of Trump and his staff's tactics, I will continue to use it. Nothing more.

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

The thing to consider for all the progressives angry at Trump is this: if the Democrats weren't institutionally corrupt, hadn't rigged their own selection process, hadn't been caught inciting and organising political violence and hadn't been outed for colluding with the media to try and rig the TV debates and broader media coverage, perhaps fewer people would have believed the (blatantly credible) accusation that HRC was corrupt?

The Democrats gifted this election to Trump and he was smart enough to exploit it and make out like a bandit when their conniving corruption was exposed. 

You reap what you sow and hysterical opposition to Trump isn't fixing the actual problem in the only party that can displace him next time.

Also does every other post have to reference either 'gaslight', 'gas-lighting'? Once that point was made a dozen times in a row (10 pages ago) it doesn't really add much - imo.

I'm sure most progressives are well aware of Democrat corruption, but thanks for the tip ;)

• Like 1

Sanders running as a Dem was a colossal mistake. He was sabotaged by them, and left with no recourse. What the Democrats need to do to revive the party is purge it of the old guard, bring in new blood, and move to the left. Hard left.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sanders running as a Dem was a colossal mistake. He was sabotaged by them, and left with no recourse. What the Democrats need to do to revive the party is purge it of the old guard, bring in new blood, and move to the left. Hard left.

Ah, the Corbyn solution. I can tell you that's working a treat against a Conservative government just begging to be kicked in the knackers - while Labour trips over its feet. 

• Like 1

Â