U.S. Politics

maqroll

56 minutes ago, peterms said:

No-one asked at the press conference whether he believes in trickle-down economics.  What a missed opportunity.

Ah, trickle down economics, the idea that a run down estate is bound to improve once its drug dealers become millionaires.

The US is now very dangerously isolated. Isolated on climate, isolated on Israel, isolated economically, culturally, in just about every way - it's very worrying, especially since to an extent Trumps protectionism sounds a little like a prosperous America ruling a world of serfdom.

This is the great geo-strategic re-setting/re-normalization happening before our eyes... ahh, the island America.

It might take a while to dismantle their military empire though.

Edited by villakram

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Hence why it's much better to force him out through an embarrassing scandal rather than make him into a martyr.

I think I disagree. He he's forced out he would be geeing and winding up his followers from the sidelines, (like he threatened to do if he didn't win the election.) Don't people suggest that cutting the head off the snake is usually better?

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure that being an egomanical duplicitous tosser is a mental illness, to be honest.

It reminds me a bit of Sepp Blatter, I used to think 'thank **** he's only in charge of FIFA and not a country' but I think Trump is an even worse human being.  It still beggars belief that this has happened.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It reminds me a bit of Sepp Blatter, I used to think 'thank **** he's only in charge of FIFA and not a country' but I think Trump is an even worse human being.  It still beggars belief that this has happened.

I imagine it's like Brexit, about 50% of people voted for it but only about 10% admit it. 

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone with an interest in this should have a look at this video.  It's 8 minutes, it's for everyone but mainly Trump supporters, and it's easy to understand.

Thanks for sharing that. Very interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think I disagree. He he's forced out he would be geeing and winding up his followers from the sidelines, (like he threatened to do if he didn't win the election.) Don't people suggest that cutting the head off the snake is usually better?

Potentially, however I am also not a big fan of assassinations on ethical grounds :P

Sharing some of his sordid exploits with the world however? I am much more cool with that :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

The Democrats chose Clinton. 

Charles Manson would have been a better choice

Exactly. They need to stop crying, find a better candidate and make sure they can win in four years time. 

Mentioned earlier in the thread but this is an epic win for Russia. They've got the intelligence community attacking PEOTUS, him comparing them to the Nazis, the mainstream US media has been thoroughly discredited, and in Moscow it's not even Christmas yet.

As Sun Tzu said: All warfare is based on deception. Welcome to the Gerasimov Doctrine & the world of cyber warfare. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Exactly. They need to stop crying.

Yeah they do. Those well known democrats such as Graham, McCain and Rand Paul need to stop crying.

Don't pretend opposition to Trump and his antics is a partisan thing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah they do. Those well known democrats such as Graham, McCain and Rand Paul need to stop crying.

Don't pretend opposition to Trump and his antics is a partisan thing.

I'm not pretending anything, I was quoting a post about the suitability of the losing candidate...

The Democrats are the team that needs to get themselves together, think about what they are getting wrong structurally and then fix it. 

The Republican Party just won the Presidency even if the Senators you reference don't really like that fact - which isn't surprising because Trump defeated them to get the nomination in the first place.

It's quite remarkable, perhaps historic, that Trump will be the first President who defeated the leadership of both parties to get himself elected. 

You may be sticking to the line that Trump is an imbecile but that conclusion flies in the face of the evidence.

• Like 1

Â