U.S. Politics

maqroll

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Nancy Pelosi’s husband was attacked by a guy wielding a hammer who broke into their home yelling ‘Where’s Nancy’ 😬

She wasn’t home and he’s recovering in hospital.

I am actually amazed that some right wing nutjob hasn't shot her in all honesty. 

Caitlyn Jenner on Fox urging people not to make it (the attack o Mr Pelosi) a partisan issue, before going on to say it’s just one more reason to vote those soft-on-crime libs out of office in the mid-terms. 

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

Caitlyn Jenner on Fox urging people not to make it (the attack o Mr Pelosi) a partisan issue, before going on to say it’s just one more reason to vote those soft-on-crime libs out of office in the mid-terms. 

I find it a bit hypocritical when these conservatives say that libs are soft on crime.

Trump pardons the likes of Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, and Charles Kushner. Kyle Rittenhouse gets off scot free, They also legalise murder wih those damned stand your ground laws.

Last time I checked, in most societies little things like treason, fraud, and murder were considered serious social no nos.

F***ing hypocrites.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I know this isn't a very useful comment, but I am often stunned by just how much of a prick he is.

He's an arsehole, and narcisticic fool, bordering on a conman. Hopefully Tesla follows Twitter down the shitter

• Like 1

Trump jr. in being an even bigger word removed than I thought possible shocker on social media, if the screenshots up on twitter were real. 

Edited by El Zen
Freudian slip

On 25/10/2022 at 18:34, TheAuthority said:

In a weird way glad you're back Although it seems very well timed with November 8th around the corner........

I do miss an alternative point of view now and then, at least online. Living in Colorado for over 2 years has certainly introduced me to the "Pioneer spirit" politically.

Anyway, I have my route up through Wyoming into Canada planned already for 2024 when the mobs start hunting out the "Evil Dems." 🤨

Make sure you get west of the Rockies before you settle. I took a one hour flight recently where I left in shorts and and a t-shirt and arrived to 18 inches of snow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Make sure you get west of the Rockies before you settle. I took a one hour flight recently where I left in shorts and and a t-shirt and arrived to 18 inches of snow.

Denver is crazy - start's in the 30's and can be high 70's by the afternoon 🤪

• Haha 1

Surprised the Biden speech yesterday hasn't got more attention in the news. 

We've got the president of the United States telling people that democracy is under threat. 

I hope the American people listen. I worry too many don't care because it means their side won. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

We've got the president of the United States telling people that democracy is under threat. 

I hope the American people listen. I worry too many don't care because it means their side won. 

Double digit inflation tends focus minds a little more than political grandstanding, and this on a day that the WH had to delete a propaganda style tweet claiming credit for the massive increases in social security payments to the elderly... until CNN etc slammed this given such inflation match rises are required by law.

He would have been much better off attending the WS game with his wife last night, though may have had an issue staying awake for the ~3hr game. I think many dem candidates up for election next week would have preferred that too.

Meanwhile... the (democratic) occupation of Syria continues.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Double digit inflation tends focus minds a little more than political grandstanding, and this on a day that the WH had to delete a propaganda style tweet claiming credit for the massive increases in social security payments to the elderly... until CNN etc slammed this given such inflation match rises are required by law.

He would have been much better off attending the WS game with his wife last night, though may have had an issue staying awake for the ~3hr game. I think many dem candidates up for election next week would have preferred that too.

None of that really changes what I said. 

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Person.woman.man.camera.tv

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Even if the GOP take the Senate and the House, doesn’t that just mean two years of federal stalemate and public slamming the other side?

I guess it depends on Biden's stomach for vetos, but he could effectively veto every bill because there’s little chance of a 2/3rds majority in both houses on anything.

Unless one party gets a significant majority in both houses and holds the WH, I think we’re on for another 2 (4?, 6?) more years focussed more on posturing that policy. In which case those SCOTUS seats and gubernatorial elections look even more influential.

Â