U.S. Politics

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say i feel opposite. She comes across like she wants to go to war with everyone. Im anti war if possible and vivek seemed to be only one who didnt want any further wars.

I didnt understand though why she got so offended by his comment about her daughter he was just highlighting that she criticised him about using tiktok but her daughter uses it. Its a valid point.

The nicest guy on there seemed to be tim scott but jesus did he send me to sleep every time he talked. He looks too soft to have the most powerful role in the world

De santis prob did better than the other debates but still meh.

The other guy i forgotten who he was so shows how much of a impression he made.

Its irrelevant anyway as trumps trouncing them all

I think it’s because you usually don’t go after someone’s family to score political points. No idea how old the daughter is, but if she’s a minor that would be a cheap shot.

I think most of them are only there for the exposure. DeSantis was the only one with a shot, but he has only shown his lack of charisma since his campaign started.

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

I think it’s because you usually don’t go after someone’s family to score political points. No idea how old the daughter is, but if she’s a minor that would be a cheap shot.

I think most of them are only there for the exposure. DeSantis was the only one with a shot, but he has only shown his lack of charisma since his campaign started.

Just did a Google search and she is 25 years old as was curious as i would agree if she was like 15 that would be out of order.

Have to say the other two that have some sort of  charisma is haley and vivek. The others boring uninspiring and dont look like president material.

One thing ill say about de santis even though i am not a fan of his, i have afew friends who are democrats that live in florida and they say de santis has done a excellent job there for them. They are quite suprised as they have never voted republican.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just did a Google search and she is 25 years old as was curious as i would agree if she was like 15 that would be out of order.

Have to say the other two that have some sort of  charisma is haley and vivek. The others boring uninspiring and dont look like president material.

One thing ill say about de santis even though i am not a fan of his, i have afew friends who are democrats that live in florida and they say de santis has done a excellent job there for them. They are quite suprised as they have never voted republican.

Florida in general is more or less a Republican state at this point so it's not surprising.

DeSantis is probably going to have a bit of a reckoning once he loses as the non-rich Floridians are buckling under the cost of living.

Then again, that would require the Democrats running anyone with a brain and an ounce of charisma.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just did a Google search and she is 25 years old as was curious as i would agree if she was like 15 that would be out of order..

Haley’s outrage was all manufactured performance in my view.  She’s criticized Ramaswamy for being on Tik Tok, and pointing out that her adult daughter is on there is not crossing any line, though he was a bit of an ass about how he did it.  She saw an opportunity to play the righteous victim of an attack on her family, which the Republicans love, and she seized the opportunity and got a great sound bite out of it.   The fact that I think she also seems to genuinely dislike him made it easier for her.

She’s always been a smug hypocrite offering all the same disingenuous platitudes to the base that they’ve all done for a while.  She just comes across as reasonable in juxtaposition to Trump and all his sycophants.  That said, at least she wouldn’t try to dismantle the “democracy” such that it exists, wouldn’t fire all the careerists in government and replace them with unqualified loyalists to help consolidate autocratic power or use the DoJ to pursue personal vendettas against anyone who has criticized her or made her look bad.  So she’s got that going for her.

Never thought I’d say this, but if I had to have one of the Republicans as president, I think I’d rather have Christie.  I disagree with him a lot and he can be a boorish ass at times, but I generally don’t ever wonder whether he actually believes what he’s saying and I don’t think he’ll go against what he thinks is right for political reasons.

Democrats really need to convince Biden not to run. He's clearly not all there and I fully get why people don't want to vote for him. No idea who they have behind him and Harris will surely lose too. 

Biden vs Trump on 2024 is just sick.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Democrats really need to convince Biden not to run. He's clearly not all there and I fully get why people don't want to vote for him. No idea who they have behind him and Harris will surely lose too. 

Biden vs Trump on 2024 is just sick.

Yeah but you are risking an election then.  Biden will beat Trump but if Biden doesn’t run then there is uncertainty on the democrat side because as you say there is no clear runner and many of the potential candidates like Harris would have a unfavourable response so why risk it. Biden is the safe option.

Just now, sne said:

Honest think Biden will lose against Trump.

Fair enough, I don’t know why you think that as everything is pointing against that plus topics like abortion will drive out the Democrat vote.  I think the elections of the last week have reenforced the trouble Republicans have caused themselves with their stances.  They are so many reasons imo that Biden will beat Trump that only complacency or something major going wrong in the next twelve months would see Trump beat Biden.  

• Like 1

The debates will be "interesting" from a car crash kinda viewpoint. Biden has moments of clarity still but is just as likely to get lost on stage or go full Mitch McConnell and just stand there with an open mouth staring into the void. And Trump is desperate to avoid the debates, so far at least, since he knows there is so much ammunition to be used against him as a person.

The South Park Turd sandwich vs Giant douche is more apt than ever.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

The debates will be "interesting" from a car crash kinda viewpoint. Biden has moments of clarity still but is just as likely to get lost on stage or go full Mitch McConnell and just stand there with an open mouth staring into the void. And Trump is desperate to avoid the debates, so far at least, since he knows there is so much ammunition to be used against him as a person.

The South Park Turd sandwich vs Giant douche is more apt than ever.

Trump also suffering cognitive decline, he’s referred to Obama still being President as few times accidentally and not in a sarcastic way including last night. Said North Korea leader ruled 1.4 billion people confusing it with China and mixing up the Hungarian leader and this is just a few of the issues he’s had along with stumbling his words and forgetting where he is and this is never mind his legal troubles and some of the Republican Party wanting to move away from him.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Trump also suffering cognitive decline, he’s referred to Obama still being President as few times accidentally and not in a sarcastic way including last night. Said North Korea leader ruled 1.4 billion people confusing it with China and mixing up the Hungarian leader and this is just a few of the issues he’s had along with stumbling his words and forgetting where he is and this is never mind his legal troubles and some of the Republican Party wanting to move away from him.

Yeah absolutely. Both are utterly unfit to lead a nation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah absolutely. Both are utterly unfit to lead a nation.

I dont get why they even want to at that age.

Put your feet up a bit, relax and enjoy the little time you have left. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If biden pulls out i think newsom will run and be the candidate. 

Good talker but His record in californa is terrible.

Its not here then where politics is broken

Newsom isn't a surprise, he has been quietly or not so quietly been trying to make inroads with Rep voters or expanding his name recognition into traditional GOP battlegrounds, that won't be for shits and giggles. He also isn't Harris which helps. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Newsom isn't a surprise, he has been quietly or not so quietly been trying to make inroads with Rep voters or expanding his name recognition into traditional GOP battlegrounds, that won't be for shits and giggles. He also isn't Harris which helps. 

They’d be better off running Newsom for VP.

I think people could see him stepping in if Biden passes away or loses his marbles more easily than Harris becoming Pres.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t see how Trump will have collected more votes since last time, whereas he must have lost plenty.

Biden has lost plenty according to the polling. For Trump, it seems almost like that phenomenon when one of our players is out injured for a while and fans start thinking he’s going to be the answer when he eventually comes back in. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

For Trump, it seems almost like that phenomenon when one of our players is out injured for a while and fans start thinking he’s going to be the answer when he eventually comes back in. 

The Morgan Sanson effect! :D 

• Haha 1

I saw a commentator talking about the Ukraine war saying that polling was suggesting that if there were an election today between Trump and Biden, Trump would win 😲

No idea where he got the information from but the fact his main focus was on the direction of the war I kind of assumed his politics were fairly neutral. 

Trump in power would obviously be bad news for Ukraine. 

How can the American people possibly make it even close with Trump.  He should be annihilated in the polls.  It would be like us giving Braverman a close run at winning an election. They're insane as a nation, they really are. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â