U.S. Politics

maqroll

9 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Biden has lost plenty according to the polling. For Trump, it seems almost like that phenomenon when one of our players is out injured for a while and fans start thinking he’s going to be the answer when he eventually comes back in. 

That’s a good point, although what is going on with the polling.  It has been across most of the polls been way off in ‘22 and ‘23 from the major polling outlets compared to actual election results down the card on the various races.  They are consistently outside the margin of error and news outlets and commentators are talking about it.  The polling people need to sort their shit out because it is no better than guessing at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you see the reaction trump got when he went ufc? He jas a bigger following than people think

I don't want to paint UFC fans as right wing boneheads, but what you are saying is that UFC fans are right wing boneheads. Would he have the same reaction at New York Pride?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don't want to paint UFC fans as right wing boneheads, but what you are saying is that UFC fans are right wing boneheads. Would he have the same reaction at New York Pride?

The point isnt that they are 'bone heads' its that trump has more supporters than you think

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The point isnt that they are 'bone heads' its that trump has more supporters than you think

He has a lot of supporters, that’s undeniable. Does he have north of 80 million though? Thats the question.

He got 74 million in 2020.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The point is, depending on the environment, location or event, he will see support. UFC tends to attract a certain type of male, put him elsewhere, a different event or location and the response will be very different. UFC should not be a barometer for a former Presidents popularity.

Just now, Genie said:

He has a lot of supporters, that’s undeniable. Does he have north of 80 million though? Thats the question.

He got 74 million in 2020.

Good question - i think the remaining 6 million will be frustrated voters with biden. As he hasnt been a good president 

They need him to step aside and get someone new in

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Good question - i think the remaining 6 million will be frustrated voters with biden. As he hasnt been a good president 

Many of the 74 million will not vote for Trump again, they won’t all be morons who don’t believe the news.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No way that Trump will get more votes than last time.  There will be Republicans who are disgusted by the storming of the Capitol and he won't gain many undecided voters going for him.  Democrats are only in trouble if they replace Biden with someone as unpopular as Hilary Clinton again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

No way that Trump will get more votes than last time.  There will be Republicans who are disgusted by the storming of the Capitol and he won't gain many undecided voters going for him.  Democrats are only in trouble if they replace Biden with someone as unpopular as Hilary Clinton again.

We all said trump had no chance last time then shocked the world.

When it comes to america nothing shocks me

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We all said trump had no chance last time then shocked the world.

When it comes to america nothing shocks me

It also came as a complete surprise to him.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hasn’t been a good president with everything he’s passed?. Yes he looks like he’s in cognitive decline but him and his administration have a damn good record and the Democrat side of the aisle are pretty impressed with what he’s done and passed under the circumstances and environment of the current America.  Whether you like Biden or not, think he’s in cognitive decline or just too old, what they have passed has been rather good and the base are good with that.  Yes the swing voters may point to his cognitive decline but they are supporting Trump as the alternative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Issue is will people turn up to vote for Biden this time?

Yes because they’ll be voting on the abortion issue.  That is going to drive the Democrat support in ‘24 out to the polls plus the swing voters who are women. It’s why the Republicans are losing so many elections since the overturn of Roe. The election next year is too short of a time frame for that to change opinion so even if Biden doesn’t have the vote turnout for him, this issue will drive out the voters in force for this issue which will in turn vote for Biden.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yes because they’ll be voting on the abortion issue.  That is going to drive the Democrat support in ‘24 out to the polls plus the swing voters who are women. It’s why the Republicans are losing so many elections since the overturn of Roe. The election next year is too short of a time frame for that to change opinion so even if Biden doesn’t have the vote turnout for him, this issue will drive out the voters in force for this issue which will in turn vote for Biden.

Well you seen certain about this, hope you're right.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can’t tell you how much I disagree with this.  Democrat party are United at the moment, watching the turmoil on the right, the last thing they should do is create an issue on the Democrat side for the fight for a Primary.  Plus many of the current candidates will turn off the base from Harris to Newsome.  Biden is bland they will all get behind him for one more term.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Well you seen certain about this, hope you're right.

Never certain, but I’m obsessed with American politics and the movement despite not being American myself. I love watching all the political sides from media to other outlets to various online platforms, the dark side to the mainstream. It’s so much better than reality tv. I can understand why Clinton lost to Trump in 2016 but I don’t see that with Biden and Trump, not only the individuals but there are so many other factors currently like abortion.  I’m very nervous about it but unless something major happens between now and then, imo the abortion issue will continue to drive out the Democrat base.

• Like 2

Â