U.S. Politics

maqroll

He should ask if he can get the number to the guy who makes Trumps shoes. His ones are much better made while still adding a couple inches in height.

Just gotta remember to try and look natural when wearing high heel shoes for men.

Bryan Leblanc on X: "@magpieford @bow_en_arrow @washingtonpost And does  anyone really believe that the Trump family are a "dynasty that will last  for decades"? I mean... here is a recent photo from

• Haha 2

On 07/10/2023 at 01:55, sne said:

He should ask if he can get the number to the guy who makes Trumps shoes. His ones are much better made while still adding a couple inches in height.

Just gotta remember to try and look natural when wearing high heel shoes for men.

Bryan Leblanc on X: "@magpieford @bow_en_arrow @washingtonpost And does  anyone really believe that the Trump family are a "dynasty that will last  for decades"? I mean... here is a recent photo from

If they are so rich why the f**k can't they afford clothes that actually fit them? Surely a tailor could make them look better than that.

It's like they're in a hall of mirrors. Freakish family

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

If they are so rich why the f**k can't they afford clothes that actually fit them? Surely a tailor could make them look better than that.

It's like they're in a hall of mirrors. Freakish family

Most Americans who wear suits don't really do tailoring, even wealthy ones. Although Biden seems to. 

The badly fitted suit is an American fashion.

American manufacturers wanted to make suits that could be mass produced as easily as possible and fit as wide a range of people as efficiently as possible, so produced very simple suit templates that required less cuts and stitches and fitted more loosely. Eventually that became 'the look' of a suit to American men, and thus Americans of all sorts ended up wearing suits that to European eyes look shit.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Most Americans who wear suits don't really do tailoring, even wealthy ones.

The NFL draft used to be hilarious for this. Massive human beings in very ill fitting suits :D

april-28-2012-denver-co-usa-2nd-round-dr

6 minutes ago, Tegis said:

The NFL draft used to be hilarious for this. Massive human beings in very ill fitting suits :D

april-28-2012-denver-co-usa-2nd-round-dr

NBA was much the same before it became a "fashion" contest/dress up party.

This is 2003 for example

Dwyane Wade Explains the Infamous 2003 NBA Draft Suits

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sne said:

NBA was much the same before it became a "fashion" contest/dress up party.

This is 2003 for example

Dwyane Wade Explains the Infamous 2003 NBA Draft Suits

Oh my god.  it's like a mass Talking Heads tribute

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

The badly fitted suit is an American fashion.

American manufacturers wanted to make suits that could be mass produced as easily as possible and fit as wide a range of people as efficiently as possible, so produced very simple suit templates that required less cuts and stitches and fitted more loosely. Eventually that became 'the look' of a suit to American men, and thus Americans of all sorts ended up wearing suits that to European eyes look shit.

Fashion History 101 with @Chindie !!!

Gotta love VT!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Fashion History 101 with @Chindie !!!

Gotta love VT!

My head is full of this shit. It's never useful, but for some reason I remeber it. I've got absolutely no need to know anything about suit fashions, but for some reason I know this.

This also reminds me that one of the things that stood out to me about Dr Tony probably being a wrong'un was that the suit he wore when he was announced as owner was awful. Not just 'in the American style' awful, it just didn't fit at all, which no truly rich man, to the extent he was supposed to be rich, would wear. The retailer would have told him it didn't fit, he would have had assistants that would have told him the suit was wrong, he would have noticed he looked like shit.

Anyway, America...! The place where good people go to when they die.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Most Americans who wear suits don't really do tailoring, even wealthy ones. Although Biden seems to. 

Meanwhile, in all of UK, literally on every street: 

male pattern boldness: Men's pants length: how short is too ...

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My head is full of this shit. It's never useful, but for some reason I remeber it. I've got absolutely no need to know anything about suit fashions, but for some reason I know this.

This also reminds me that one of the things that stood out to me about Dr Tony probably being a wrong'un was that the suit he wore when he was announced as owner was awful. Not just 'in the American style' awful, it just didn't fit at all, which no truly rich man, to the extent he was supposed to be rich, would wear. The retailer would have told him it didn't fit, he would have had assistants that would have told him the suit was wrong, he would have noticed he looked like shit.

Anyway, America...! The place where good people go to when they die.

You're a Renaissance man! And I bet a really great pub quiz teammate :D

I actually thought about Tony Xia when you mentioned the ill fitting US suit. What struck me as so unusual about him is that in Asia there is a tradition of tailoring and well fitted suits. For a long time people in NYC would get their suits made in Hong Kong as it was much cheaper - When I was in Vietnam I had a suit and several sports jackets made. 

• Like 1

Is this karma having fun for him blocking all those military nominations/appointments for so long.  I don’t like seeing anybody getting hurt but sometimes when it happens it’s not wholly undeserved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is this karma having fun for him blocking all those military nominations/appointments for so long.  I don’t like seeing anybody getting hurt but sometimes when it happens it’s not wholly undeserved.

He's not only kneecapping our military, but he's a vocal Nazi apologist and would probably vote to reintroduce slavery in Alabama. F*ck him.

Â