U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Murdoch told Trump he's not backing him

Fox (Hannity excepted) is about to be labelled a left wing pinko peddler of fake news

Murdoch didn't row in behind Trump until very very late in the day in 2016.

I wonder who was more stimulated.... Nancy or Mitch.... or all the media orgs that are going to have a 2 fupping year field day with this again.

Whatever about the creature trying to unseat him (Scott, FL), it would be a good day for America to see Mitch get the boot. The Dems are idiots for not moving Nancy aside to try and build for the future while they have the presidency... oh, there goes me thinking all democratic and such, silly boy.

Could have gone in the COVID topic too I guess but...

Almost Twice as Many Republicans Died From COVID Before the Midterms Than Democrats
The authors of a new study can’t say if this impacted the midterms, but say that it’s “plausible given just how stark the differences in vaccination rates have been, among Democrats and Republicans.”

VICE

I shouldnt snigger

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Could have gone in the COVID topic too I guess but...

VICE

I shouldnt snigger

I did wonder about this. They're so idiotically opposed to vaccination they're bound to have lost far more voters than the Dems. 

Why the correlation though between anti vax and right wing other than just being a stupid idiot. It's ridiculous. 

I'm pretty sure we've tragically lost a lot of Brexiteers in a similar manner. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see a big correlation between Brexiteers and Anti Vaxxers.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The age demographic of the voters of each party would probably be the biggest factor I would suspect. 

looks like they corrected for age as much as they could,,,

"These expected deaths are calculated non-parametrically using 2019 data by aggregating deaths into counts Nmcpa,2019 at the month-by-county-by-party-by-age-bin level. The age bins used were 25-64, 65-74, 75-84, and 85-and-older. We then estimate relative excess deaths Emcpa,t in other periods t for a given county-by-party-by-age cell by considering the percent change in deaths:"

• Like 1

Its not really US politics as such but did anyone see the awkward exchange between trudeau and xi?

There is tension there xi looks furious and that he wanted to get away from him. If thats how he feels with canada i can only imagien what he was like with biden

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not really US politics as such but did anyone see the awkward exchange between trudeau and xi?

There is tension there xi looks furious and that he wanted to get away from him. If thats how he feels with canada i can only imagien what he was like with biden

He is pretty much like that with any other world leader unless they are prepared to kiss his ass, and has started to apply some xenophobic policies. 

Biden is unlikely to receive a Chrissie card from Xi, let alone being wished a happy Chinese New Year.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

He is pretty much like that with any other world leader unless they are prepared to kiss his ass, and has started to apply some xenophobic policies. 

Biden is unlikely to receive a Chrissie card from Xi, let alone being wished a happy Chinese New Year.

Yeah. Its the first time we have seen publicly what xi can be like. Came across abit if a arsehole in that. Trudeau was being very respecful i think and xi just completely dismissed him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah. Its the first time we have seen publicly what xi can be like. Came across abit if a arsehole in that. Trudeau was being very respecful i think and xi just completely dismissed him.

Canada got involved in arresting an important Chinese national a few years back. Memory is important even though  "we choose" to ignore it.

Republicans already setting themselves to lose the House in 2024.  They don’t want to govern really, they just want to throw dirt like kids on a playground for a bit.  First act is Hunter Biden investigation, a non-government employee instead of doing anything for the American people like they promised.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Canada got involved in arresting an important Chinese national a few years back. Memory is important even though  "we choose" to ignore it.

No one is ignoring that but that has nothing to do with what they discussed and what xi was referring to. Xi waa unhappy that trudeau leaked info to the Canadian media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Republicans already setting themselves to lose the House in 2024.  They don’t want to govern really, they just want to throw dirt like kids on a playground for a bit.  First act is Hunter Biden investigation, a non-government employee instead of doing anything for the American people like they promised.

To be honest I’d love to know what Biden was doing in Ukraine in 2014.

This war started in 2014 and it’s super weird that the US President’s son decided to go take a prominent position an energy firm in a country he had no connection to and didn’t speak the language of but was building towards a major war over energy resources. 

There must be so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we never get to find out about.

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

To be honest I’d love to know what Biden was doing in Ukraine in 2014.

This war started in 2014 and it’s super weird that the US President’s son decided to go take a prominent position an energy firm in a country he had no connection to and didn’t speak the language of but was building towards a major war over energy resources. 

There must be so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we never get to find out about.

It’s all grift, same as what most family members do and most politicians do to make cash.  

So many politicians are far richer than what their political salary is and many family members make substantial cash, just look at Ivanka and Jared what they made again in foreign, non-English speaking countries.  

It’s grift!

None of it is good, they all do it, none of them are going to stop, the answers are always very boring compared to the perception align with a conspiracy.  

Also remember Hunter would be doing it with a friendly country, almost an ally.  Jared made money from the Saudi’s, Ivanka the Chinese, Hunter in Ukraine.  Plus Hunter was hired in 2014 and left in 2019, 3 years before Russia invaded…and remember it was Russia that invaded Ukraine.

Yeah it’s fine to investigate but the clamouring by the Freedom Plebs and first act of the new congress by GOP controlled house when America has so many problems the people need fixing.  

It’s even questionable whether Congress has oversight ability on a private citizen, a non-government employee.  It’s just a dirt throwing at his dad, which is fine because that’s American politics.  The average Joe may have a casual interest as well because we all like shock factor and a good story.  

They just needed to be more subtle, do some other priorities first, do this as another in a list of things things to investigate and if anything there it would have more impact but this just looks desperate and people will turn off Americans because apart from MAGA folk nobody cares enough because it doesn’t affect them or help them.

Â