U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

One of the Senators just addressed Pence as President Pence.

Whoever holds the gavel in the Senate is considered "President of Senate" at that time. Hence they are addressed that way. After the speeches Pence buggered off and someone I'd never seen before was in the seat getting called Mr. President.

• Like 1

Hilarious, but it does highlight the dangers of internet vigilantism.

People going off half-cocked trying to get justice by contacting employers of misidentified people have ruined more than a few innocent people's lives.

It's bonkers. Surely they can prosecute all these hoodlums for terrorism? DT should be judged for inciting violence and libel against anyone he's accusing.

Pence could really finally show his colours by pushing this dweeb out of the White House.

My grandad had a saying, I presume it was a translation from one of the many languages he spoke. 

"You can keep feeding a monster, but in the end it will always end up eating you." A fairly fitting description for Pence's relationship with Trump.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

My grandad had a saying, I presume it was a translation from one of the many languages he spoke. 

"You can keep feeding a monster, but in the end it will always end up eating you." A fairly fitting description for Pence's relationship with Trump.

I don't blame Pence;Trump has been a sinking ship for a long time.Everyone needs to disassociate themselves from him.

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Every time I see American Police in action they look utterly incompetent. Can you imagine protesters getting away with that at Downing Street or Parliament? Not a bloody chance.

Slightly off topic, but given that the normal American repose is to "shot first ask questions later" they clearly don't train much in specific situation control. 

Makes the response to this all the more surreal

This looks a lot like when we have the nationwide looting here a few years ago. The people couldn’t believe their luck, police not getting involved, in and out so easily.

Then over the following months many of them picked up and given extremely strict prison sentences.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

This looks a lot like when we have the nationwide looting here a few years ago. The people couldn’t believe their luck, police not getting involved, in and out so easily.

Then over the following months many of them picked up and given extremely strict prison sentences.

Yes, I suspect that is what will go down over the next few months. If a bunch of people on Twitter can DOXX them I don't think the FBI will have too much trouble. 

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Mitt Romney spoke very well, very Abraham like (at least Daniel Day-Lewis’ Abraham anyway!), kinda makes you think he might not have been a bad president himself.

Giuliani spoke well after 911 as well.  

Â