U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good read, thanks.

IMO really shows how much the Obama admin **** it by not rolling out a much bigger stimulus in 2009 when they had the chance. There's a clear connection there between the enthusiasm for a new dawn after the crash, and then the disillusionment of continued decline (combined with the opioid crisis).

There's a lesson here for a hypothetical Biden administration - don't mess around with the stimulus and underpower it. Learn the lesson that people like having money spent on them and go big.

Notice how the authors German immigrant grandparents bought a Midwestern farmhouse during WW2 while Japanese Americans were sent to prison camps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Notice how the authors German immigrant grandparents bought a Midwestern farmhouse during WW2 while Japanese Americans were sent to prison camps. 

Martinsville IN is the headquarters of the KKK. 

About 20 mins from IU Bloomington one of the most liberal places in the Mid-West. 

The US is a plethora of Dichotomies. 

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

"Just a few weeks ago, two masked men appeared outside our high school, holding a large KKK flag and fliers, apparently scouting for young recruits."

Crazy

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

:rolleyes:

Trump: Media are 'losers' for talking about COVID-19 nonstop

Says issue will vanish after the election

President Trump on Monday complained the media is keeping the coronavirus pandemic front-and-center to make him look bad in the runup to the election.

He said news channels will lose interest the day after the contest, even as trend lines suggest the crisis won’t dissipate but worsen into the colder months, as states report a high baseline of transmission and increasing hospital stays for the disease.

“On Nov. 4, you won’t be hearing so much about it. COVID COVID COVID,” Mr. Trump told supporters in Allentown, Pennsylvania. “We’re rounding the turn and we have the vaccines coming.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/26/donald-trump-media-are-losers-talking-about-covid-/

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Or not... Vote George 2020!

He corrected himself a second later, also he never mentions W Bush. It's called a slip of the tongue and everyone makes them. Is he continually doing this (specifically confusing Trump with a bloke called George) or is it just a one off?

RIght now, it's as flimsy as it gets for whatever point it is that you are trying to make

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

He corrected himself a second later, also he never mentions W Bush. It's called a slip of the tongue and everyone makes them. Is he continually doing this (specifically confusing Trump with a bloke called George) or is it just a one off?

RIght now, it's as flimsy as it gets for whatever point it is that you are trying to make

It doesn’t help though does it and it’s not the first slip he’s made.

The guy is old, he looks old, he sounds old and he probably smells old, it’s an easy target for the opposition campaign.

If I were in the US the only reason I’d vote for Biden is because he’s not the alternative, as South Park so perfectly summed it up in elections gone by it’s a giant douche or a shit sandwich.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Think you need to wake up and smell the Covfefe. Trump obviously has the best words, a lot of people are saying so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The guy is old, he looks old, he sounds old and he probably smells old, it’s an easy target for the opposition campaign.

If I were in the US the only reason I’d vote for Biden is because he’s not the alternative, as South Park so perfectly summed it up in elections gone by it’s a giant douche or a shit sandwich.

Don't me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree. On the other hand Trump has made as many if not more gaffs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I expect that quite soon after Biden is in place a lot of people will be circling to ridicule him and he’ll be an easy target. He’s getting a free pass in most areas so that they don’t derail his campaign as the key objective is getting rid of Trump.

Â