U.S. Politics

maqroll

16 hours ago, villakram said:

Joe Biden solves nothing. The emperor will once again have wonderful new clothes, no more.

You're being held hostage by a man with a gun.

Would you prefer that man to be:

a.) on meth?

or

b.) not on meth?

I realise that ideally you'd rather not have someone holding a gun to you - but given that isn't an option, Biden is the no meth solution.

• Like 1

I’m on any side that opposes trump, just to be clear.

But Biden is a senile old man, that’s just a fact and is the only reason Trump might still be in power after the election.

Its been done to death already here but how can a nation of such vastness come up with Joe Biden as the only viable alternative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But Biden is a senile old man, that’s just a fact and is the only reason Trump might still be in power after the election.

Its been done to death already here but how can a nation of such vastness come up with Joe Biden as the only viable alternative.

I agree 100%

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well it was, wasn't it?

It wasn't fake that he stumbled over his words and used the wrong name.

But it's certainly fake that he mistook Trump for George Bush which is what the video you posted was stating. That makes him sound like a senile old man who can't tell one president from another.

When in reality it was a quickly corrected use of the wrong name "George", probably because he was talking to someone called George. Something that most of us do every day.

It was a deliberately misleading headline to sensationalise an incredibly minor incident into appearing to be something it isn't. The kind of thing if someone had posted about Trump you'd be crying about whilst reassuring us that you're not a Trump supporter.

It's not fake, it was taken out of context, yes deliberately. Politics 101. 

Why are you using Trump's language?

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

a.) on meth?

or

b.) not on meth?

I realise that ideally you'd rather not have someone holding a gun to you - but given that isn't an option, Biden is the no meth solution.

It is not binary. There are 2 other individuals, a spoilt vote, a write in and refusing to vote as options.

Healthcare/education/taxation will all remain essentially unchanged. Lot's of branding and re-branding will occur however.

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm not sure it's a fact that he is actually senile.  I agree that it doesn't say a lot for the country that they couldn't get a younger candidate but I'm sure that there are a lot of younger people that wouldn't be as likely to win on Tuesday.  Biden getting over the line is what matters right now and they will probably end up with a younger, more progressive leader in 4 years time as a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

a.) on meth?

or

b.) not on meth?

You do realise that if one were to find themselves in this predicament the only preference should be that the assailant isn't willing and able to do harm.

The rest is neither here nor there.

44 minutes ago, villakram said:

It's not fake, it was taken out of context, yes deliberately. Politics 101. 

Why are you using Trump's language?

Trump didn't invent the term "fake news" as much as he'd like you to believe he did.

"Joe Biden confuses President Trump with George Bush" is fake news. Or if you don't want to use "Trump's language", it is a deliberate lie. 

It's not taken out of context, it is deliberately put into a false context. It didn't happen.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Trump didn't invent the term "fake news" as much as he'd like you to believe he did.

"Joe Biden confuses President Trump with George Bush" is fake news. it's not taken out of context, it is deliberately put into a false context. It didn't happen.

If I'm honest that's the way I interpreted the snippet of video I saw from Biden speaking. Have we established which George he was referring to?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only one candidate has taken a test to measure dementia, and it wasn’t Biden. I’ve seen nothing, except the normal slanted right wing propoganda from the likes of Fox News, to indicate any cognisance issues with Biden.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration fired its top scientist by email after he asked political appointees at the agency to commit to its scientific ethics policy, The New York Times reported.

Craig McLean, the acting chief scientist, sent an email to several political appointees to the agency, requesting that they acknowledge NOAA's policy of respecting the integrity of scientific data, The Times said.

Among the recipients of the email was Dr. Erik Noble, the newly appointed NOAA chief of staff who was previously a White House policy advisor.

"Respectfully, by what authority are you sending this to me?" Noble replied to the email, per The Times.

McLean answered that it was part of his job to ensure that the agency's ethics policies were observed, the outlet said.

The following day, The Times said, Noble emailed him to say: "You no longer serve as the acting chief scientist for NOAA. Thank you for your service."

McLean was replaced by Ryan Maue, a former employee at a libertarian think tank who has questioned projections about humans' impact on climate change. 

Business Insider

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If I'm honest that's the way I interpreted the snippet of video I saw from Biden speaking. Have we established which George he was referring to?

He was being interviewed by a man called George, so it was probably him getting the names mixed up.

Even if it wasn't, what evidence is there that he said George because he got Trump confused with George Bush?

That's an absolutely massive leap to make. Basically it's a zebra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was being interviewed by a man called George, so it was probably him getting the names mixed up.

Even if it wasn't, what evidence is there that he said George because he got Trump confused with George Bush?

That's an absolutely massive leap to make. Basically it's a zebra

Yeah, I agree entirely, in saying I interpreted it a certain way I wasn't suggesting that it should be taken as his meaning.

Hell, it might've been the angle the news I was watching was spinning for all I know, I really don't remember.

Cheers for the clarification. 

• Like 1

Â