U.S. Politics

maqroll

Why is shilling for Trump even happening on this forum?

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-george-lopez-social-media-27e0006230358f0d0d98bf0e4c5959ca

During the interview — at around the 13:00 mark of the video tweeted by Biden — actor George Lopez asks the Democratic candidate what he would say to undecided voters with only a few days left before Election Day.

“Like if someone is undecided and maybe thinking about not voting, why should they vote and why should they vote for you?” Lopez asks.

Biden then responds saying that there is a lot on the ballot in this election.

“The character of the country in my view is literally on the ballot, what kind of country are we going to be,” he says. “Four more years of George uh...George, going to find ourselves in a position if Trump gets elected, we are going to be in a different world.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It doesn’t help though does it and it’s not the first slip he’s made.

The guy is old, he looks old, he sounds old and he probably smells old, it’s an easy target for the opposition campaign.

If I were in the US the only reason I’d vote for Biden is because he’s not the alternative, as South Park so perfectly summed it up in elections gone by it’s a giant douche or a shit sandwich.

One thing I'd say is that even though I know nothing about them, I can almost guarantee Biden will be surrounded by people in the West Wing not nearly as odious as Trump's family or whichever numbskull he has in post at any particular time (he seems to have got through hundreds of them).  No more horseshit on Twitter either.  So even if voting for an old bloke who gets his words muddled up, you would think he should be a relatively safe pair of hands who will most likely hand over to Harris in 4 years.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I’d vote Biden because he’ll make a better president than the alternative, and it’s not even close. 

I'd vote for a LITERAL shit sandwich as it would make a better president than the alternative, and it's not even close.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Last minute curve ball .

Game changer.

Even I felt obliged to vote for him after reading that . He should have lead with that IMO.

Do you think he realises that he's the incumbent?

Just now, Davkaus said:

Do you think he realises that he's the incumbent?

It's genuinely quite weird, he's been campaigning all year on what a shithole the country is. The whole theme of his convention was what a violent, broken dystopia it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Biden has been a gaff machine for more than 4 decades. This isn't an age thing, it's a Joe thing. He's been dealing with a stutter for his entire life - he's not a great public speaker and never has been. He is a by all accounts a very compassionate human being.

Look, there are plenty of sticks to beat Biden with from his long career, but mocking his gaffs is like taking the piss out if Gareth Gates. It's easy to get a laugh out of it, but it's not like it detracts from the job he wants to do.

Is he perfect? No, but you don't throw a sack of badgers into a kindergarten and lock the doors because the previous teacher was "a bit pitchy" when singing twinkle twinkle. He's not anyone's ideal, but he's a lot, lot better than the alternative if you're comparing them as humans.

And for those wondering how voters could even consider voting for a power hungry pathological liar over anyone, we should probably remember that the UK had no problem doing it fairly recently.

Opposed bussing and lauded individuals that were straight up and down racists.

1994 crime act, read the new Jim Crowe for what this has done to society.

Glass Steagall,  a giveaway to the elite. You may have noticed this.

The patriot act - five eyes etc.

The Iraq War - How many died? 

Afghan/Libya/Syria - How many died?

Opioid epidemic - on Joe's watch.

Student loan are no longer dischargeable in bankruptcy.

ACA - where Biden ran point for the insurance industry in explicitly identifying the 20 million poorest Americans and excluding them from coverage.

What do you define as a callous individual?

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

ACA - where Biden ran point for the insurance industry in explicitly identifying the 20 million poorest Americans and excluding them from coverage.

Someone who doesnt know who the parents of 545 children are enacted under their presidency. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

One thing I'd say is that even though I know nothing about them, I can almost guarantee Biden will be surrounded by people in the West Wing not nearly as odious as Trump's family or whichever numbskull he has in post at any particular time (he seems to have got through hundreds of them).  No more horseshit on Twitter either.  So even if voting for an old bloke who gets his words muddled up, you would think he should be a relatively safe pair of hands who will most likely hand over to Harris in 4 years.

As I've said before, at least Biden is an actual politician. Now, I'm under no illusions about politicians. I assume they are all venal and corrupt to some degree or other. That unfortunately comes with the territory. But any politician will do a better job than Trump. He will understand how the system works, listen to the daily briefings, go to the meetings, take the job seriously, and not spend all day on Twitter and admiring himself in the mirror. Clowntime is over. I hope. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

Donald Trump GIF

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I admire the dedication really, posting blatantly fake news, not even acknowledging it, then back to shilling for Trump again.

It's not fake.

The guy bumbles consistently and that's a generous interpretation. Look at the effort that has to go into explaining what he said or intended to say. He's a mess in much the same way as Dubya used to be.

The GOP etc. make fun of this and I post it, and that somehow makes it "news". It's not news, it's a bloody tweet from his political enemies. 

I just can never wrap my head around that issues like the right to carry a gun or that others should not be allowed to make an abortion can be issues that decide who you vote for.

Bonkers country.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's genuinely quite weird, he's been campaigning all year on what a shithole the country is. The whole theme of his convention was what a violent, broken dystopia it is!

Well the same strategy worked pretty well for the Tory party in the last election 😁

(Though I acknowledge the subtle distinction of the last election being the first time Boris Johnson’s Tory’s had run) 

Â