Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

JW is one of these players who just makes me wonder whether I'm watching the same games as the media pundits. He is a very tidy player. No doubt. But then they start talking about him being the greatest, incredible blah blah. I'm thinking, what? Really? Why are the media so desperate to have someone to fap over? He does a very, very good job but then so do a number of other players. I don't get the stupid level of hysteria that seems to surround him. 

When Rooney broke on to the scene I could understand it but Jack... good but certainly not good enough to be talked about in the same sentence of Xavi, Iniesta etc. (yet). 

It's because he's the best thing England has to look forward to.

He's free from the hatred of our recent teams which have let us down tournament after tournament, so he represents a fresh start. He's also very very talented. He's certainly not in the same category as Iniesta, Xavi, etc.. but can you imagine the media hype if those 2 were English?

I bet there's not many journalists outside of the UK who even mention Wilshere in any of their articles.

He isn't even the best midfielder in the PL.

I agree with you, but which midfielders do you think are better in the PL

Barry Bannan. :)

Actually compared to previous years in the PL the standard isn't as high as it used to be in the days of Keane and co but I personally would put the Toure way above him, amongst others.

"I would crawl through a mile of salt and barbed wire just to sniff the puddle water that one of Wilshire's passes landed in"  --  Andres Iniesta.

True story.

SGC must be trolling

Not at all just expressing a football opinion on a football forum

So you generally believe that Wilshere is the best midfielder in the world?

Yes hands down for me, by a country mile

Ridiculous

Â