Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

To think that Gary Gardner was supposed to be just as good as him before their respective injuries (first injuries), if not a bit better.

According to who? I've seen this posted a few times but never seen it attributed to anyone it just seems to be another of these often repeated comments which people have just accepted.

Who is supposed to have said he was as good?

Wilshere himself I believe.. There was an article where both those two and one other were interviewed..jw said that Gardner was the best he had ever played with

To think that Gary Gardner was supposed to be just as good as him before their respective injuries (first injuries), if not a bit better.

According to who? I've seen this posted a few times but never seen it attributed to anyone it just seems to be another of these often repeated comments which people have just accepted.

Wilshere himself I believe.. There was an article where both those two and one other were interviewed..jw said that Gardner was the best he had ever played with

I remember the article. It was them two, Shelvey and the kid Spurs stole off Simon Jordan.

I don't remember Wilshere making any such claim about Gardner though.

Obviously a very good player already, sometimes great and oftentimes out of the game. This because his role in the team takes a lot of maturity, something a young player like him never has at this stage. Rating him world-class and the best in the world is just plain ignorant. He looks great when Arsenal are winning 5-0, but they are 5th and 21 points behind Manchester United. Would Ferguson trade him right now for a less hyped player like Michael Carrick? Never. He might be a bit dull, but finally he is getting the appreciation he deserved as he is always turning up for every game. Jack Wilshere has higher natural ability, but it will take years before he can call himself a world-class player or even dream of being as good as today's best ones. Being a midfielder is not about just passing and running through the opposition's defensive units, it's about taking certain players out, reading games as it develops, doing smarter runs, tackle the right player, co-operating with the other players and not just doing those things which are noticed on the TV-screen. 

However, as much as I recognize his talent, I do not like the fact that he is overly cocky and aggressive. When he stood up to Frank Lampard the other day, pushed him and shouted in his face shows he thinks he has already reached the highest level and it could be his downfall. You don't do that to Lampard or Giggs when you have just turned 20, unless you are Mario Balotelli or Joey Barton, or some other idiot. Hard work and humbleness and he will go a long way no doubt.

I remember the article. It was them two, Shelvey and the kid Spurs stole off Simon Jordan.

I don't remember Wilshere making any such claim about Gardner though.

He doesn't seem to make any such claim in here. Gardner does seem to have a slightly daft obsession with Gerrard though. 

You ca

Jack Wilshire PL stats this season

Played 15
Goals 0
Yellow Cards 4
Red Cards 1

Wow, that's impressive

Cherry picking stats to suit your point of view?  Is this Talksport or something? 

You could say that Wilshere has an excellent pass completion record this season (88%) or that he creates a chance for his team mates every 39 minutes if you want to raid Opta for statistics.  Wilshere is an excellent player, just because SGC is getting overly excited about him doesnt mean you have to kick hard in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

Another reiteration of Joe Cole in reality

Have you ever watched the two play? That's a serious question because they're absolutely nothing like each other. Ludicrous statement.

He's a good player Wilshere. Yes, there have been some farcical statements made as to his current ability but you would have to be a seriously poor judge of talent to tell me the potential isn't there for him to become one of the best in the game in his position. He has a little touch of everything. 

I'm not saying he will, but that he could. He's 21, had a lot of injuries yes but he is now finally starting to realise some of that potential. Writing him off is foolish. 

I'm not writing him off, he'll be an average PL midfielder. The hyperbole though is simply ridiculous. He's joe cole MK II alright. Similarities to JC at 21 :

Style of play

Position

Height

Build

Injury prone

Hyped up massively at a young age

Precocious

Petulant

Overrated

Â