Jimzk5

Always curious when names like Locadia crop up and people say he'd be an outrageous signing and that Holland not calling him up was surprising - do people follow Dutch football closely?  Where does the knowledge around such players come from?

(Not having a go, genuinely curious.  I don't have the time to cover that much football!)

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Always curious when names like Locadia crop up and people say he'd be an outrageous signing and that Holland not calling him up was surprising - do people follow Dutch football closely?  Where does the knowledge around such players come from?

(Not having a go, genuinely curious.  I don't have the time to cover that much football!)

Personally I've not seen him this season. Only watched a couple of Feyenoord games as Sam Larsson is playing there.

Locadia is a name who's been around a while, was seen as a huge talent, was linked to Pool when he was a teenager and played regularly for PSV when he was 18.

I'd say I've seen more of him than I had of any of the Championship players we've signed the last 2 seasons :D

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Quite ridiculous how they have transformed this season. 

Fair play to them, it will be an exciting ride. 

Meh - if you're going to be able to bring genuine International class, Champions League standard of players to the Championship, I'm not sure it's "ridiculous" how well they're doing.

Maybe it's a feat to get them settled in so quickly.  Maybe.

(As an aside, that Barry Douglas is quality on set pieces).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That sounds like a particularly good deal. 

Nuno Espirito Santo managed him at Valencia.

That and the chance at first team football probably helped.

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Meh - if you're going to be able to bring genuine International class, Champions League standard of players to the Championship, I'm not sure it's "ridiculous" how well they're doing.

Well people expected them to struggle in winter as the foreign players would find it too cold

Still s ridiculous theory :D

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Well people expected them to struggle in winter as the foreign players would find it too cold

Still s ridiculous theory :D

The greatest myth in football - but here in good ol' Britain, we continue to think it's true :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was true of the Man. City team of 10 years ago, they had an awful away record when Robinho and Elano were key players.

2007/08: Man City lost 2 out of 10 games (20%) in December and January compared to 13 in 38 (34%) over the course of the season
2008/09: Man City lost 3 out of 8 games (37.5%) in December and January compared to 18 in 38 (47%) over the course of the season
2009/10: Man City lost 2 out of 9 games (22%) in December and January compared to 7 in 38 (18%) over the course of the season

Not sure it was true...

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

2007/08: Man City lost 2 out of 10 games (20%) in December and January compared to 13 in 38 (34%) over the course of the season
2008/09: Man City lost 3 out of 8 games (37.5%) in December and January compared to 18 in 38 (47%) over the course of the season
2009/10: Man City lost 2 out of 9 games (22%) in December and January compared to 7 in 38 (18%) over the course of the season

Not sure it was true...

I think it's all based on one single particularly rainy and windy Stoke away loss. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think its ridiculous they've been able to bring those in and settle quickly. I didn't expect them to run away with it right from the off.

Â