Jimzk5

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Made his Ireland debut 20 years ago this year. Amazing longevity

Be surprised if many more players making there international debut in the 90s are still playing

Buffon comes to mind. Would have been starting in this year's world cup if Italy qualified too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Made his Ireland debut 20 years ago this year. Amazing longevity

Be surprised if many more players making there international debut in the 90s are still playing

Samuel Eto'o played in the 1998 world cup. I'm not sure if any outfield players are still playing internationally though. 

40 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Saw some outlandish rumour on twitter earlier that Wolves had bid £35 million for Andre Silva of Milan, which was rejected. Doing the rounds online, astonishing. 

Well they are almost guaranteed to go up so just pre-empting the prem money. If they collapsed after though it would be funny! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they signed him and didnt go up be the funniest thing ever. They would be in serious trouble like QPR are. 

Shows their arrogance they think they are already up. 

They are 14 points ahead with 20 games left shows confidence especially now the fancy foreigners have survived the impossible English winter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

remember that brazilian they were linked with for £20m who liverpool were also sniffing round?

part of wolves having all these youngsters and mendes behind them means they're going to get used to circulate the availability of players, dont see this move happening if im honest and if it did i still dont see it as being a particularly good one for the club, they will have more needs in the prem than a £40m striker who struggles for goals

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are 14 points ahead with 20 games left shows confidence especially now the fancy foreigners have survived the impossible English winter

I think its more arrogance to be honest collapses (although unlikely) have happened before. if they didnt go up now it would be one of the biggest bottle jobs in history 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

remember that brazilian they were linked with for £20m who liverpool were also sniffing round?

part of wolves having all these youngsters and mendes behind them means they're going to get used to circulate the availability of players, dont see this move happening if im honest and if it did i still dont see it as being a particularly good one for the club, they will have more needs in the prem than a £40m striker who struggles for goals

Wasn't there a similar shit storm a few years ago with Tevez and Mascherano for breaching two regulations, U6 and U18, which forbid third-party player involvement from potentially influencing events at the destination club. 

Regulation U6 states: "No person may either directly or indirectly be involved in or have any power to determine or influence the management or administration of more than one club." Regulation U18 reads: "No club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to require the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in league matches."  

Or breach of rule B13, which states, 'In all matters and transactions relating to the League each club shall behave towards each other club and the League with the utmost good faith'. 

Or has there been agreements in relation to both these transfers that enabled third parties to acquire the ability materially to influence the club's policies and/or the performance of its teams in League matches and/or the competitions set out in Rule E10 and constitutes a breach of rule U18." 

Come on journo's get ya shovels out and see what you can find!  

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

On 10/01/2018 at 09:02, Demitri_C said:

I think its more arrogance to be honest collapses (although unlikely) have happened before. if they didnt go up now it would be one of the biggest bottle jobs in history 

They won't collapse. They play football and are there on merit.

They don't chance it by setting up defensively and hoping individuals will nick them a goal.

Be great to try that. Sigh.

They can take a month off and still be in first place. Plus they have the most goals scored, and least conceded.

I just don't see how they don't go up. Their team is by far and away premiership quality. 

Plus all the other teams around them have been very inconsistent. I thought Cardiff would challenge them, but then Cardiff went on to only 1 one match since December 1st. 

7 hours ago, villaglint said:

My old mans best mate has been a Wolves season ticket holder for about 30 years. He says he thinks they have a decent chance to go up but isn't convinced they'll win it. I think he's mad personally. Miles better than anyone in this league.

That's what being a Wolves season ticket holder for 30 years does to you. 

The next big challenge for them will be how they rebuild in the summer before the Prem starts. Will their current loans sign on perms? If not, and they decide to move to a different Mendes team or go back to their parent clubs, will they be taking chances on other Mendes players? Will some of their better permanent players move to better Mendes teams, with Mendes pocketing his usual cut..

It’s anyone’s guess at this stage. There may not be much uncertainty for them, but I still think the wheels could fall off this Mendes thing at some point.

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The next big challenge for them will be how they rebuild in the summer before the Prem starts. Will their current loans sign on perms? If not, and they decide to move to a different Mendes team or go back to their parent clubs, will they be taking chances on other Mendes players? Will some of their better permanent players move to better Mendes teams, with Mendes pocketing his usual cut..

It’s anyone’s guess at this stage. There may not be much uncertainty for them, but I still think the wheels could fall off this Mendes thing at some point.

Apparently all their current loans are with a view to permanant deals (they're supposed to be tying up deals for a few this month I believe). 

Tbh I thought the same as you about Mendes having read up his dodgy dealings at Valencia, but talking to my Wolves mate and doing a little digging, their owners and Mendes are basically in business together. I doubt he'd want to piss off the very people he's in business with by rinsing them for a quick buck. Think the use of an agent for this particular club is unique in that it's not purely Mendes wanting a quick buck, both work together. Ngl I'm a tad envious, they have the world's most powerful agent on their doorstep, purchasing bright talent from abroad for them with resale value. Meanwhile, we're stuck with potato head who signs his mates and old fogies with no long term strategy whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I think I said it before - it's a future model. Nowadays, agents have more say in where players end up than clubs, they're not the peripheral figures they once were, a good agent gives you the contacts that used to be exclusive to scouting and managers. They've got money in the background behind that and they're set up to go up and stay up. 

Â