Jimzk5

I was at Loftus Road on Saturday for their game against QPR.

They were really poor. An absolute shadow of the team that spanked us. I know we didn't perform well in that game but you can't argue Wolves weren't particularly impressive in that game.

I don't think QPR did that much special. They just sat back and soaked up the pressure and tried to hit them on the break. Their first goal was awful and they hadn't really looked in it up until then.

Shows Wolves are capable of a slip up. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe in Europe but not in England in my view 

i think he is, a lot of neutrals will be impressed with wolves and for me personally dyche will settle the ship keep them up but then for the remainder of his tenure keep everton challenging for 7th, dont see him pushing past that 

nuno would be a much bigger risk this season but potentially a bigger reward going forward too

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i think he is, a lot of neutrals will be impressed with wolves and for me personally dyche will settle the ship keep them up but then for the remainder of his tenure keep everton challenging for 7th, dont see him pushing past that 

nuno would be a much bigger risk this season but potentially a bigger reward going forward too

Dyche has numerous promotions and kept burnley up on a limited budget. They also sold one of their better forwards in andre gray yet still doing well.

Nuno has been given a masive budget in a very poor league and for me wolves are not looking that great considering. 

Id do for dyche anyway but for promotion purposes and selfish reasons i hope it is nuno !

Edited by Demitri_C

• 3 weeks later...

Really can't see them slipping below 2nd now. There would have to be an almighty turnaround for two teams to catch them. Those teams would have to basically win nearly every game for the remainder of the season and that's just not going to happen.

Amazing what can be achieved with a forward thinking board and some good agent connections. 

20 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Really can't see them slipping below 2nd now. There would have to be an almighty turnaround for two teams to catch them. Those teams would have to basically win nearly every game for the remainder of the season and that's just not going to happen.

Amazing what can be achieved with a forward thinking board and some good agent connections. 

I agree that they look pretty formidable at the moment.......but.....Ive got this sneaky feeling that something will derail their season at some point. Have you heard some of their fans on WM of late? Talk about getting carried away. Talk of winning the premier league before they've even got out of the championship!!

If ever something was set up for a massive fall it's those lot up the rowad :-)

8 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I agree that they look pretty formidable at the moment.......but.....Ive got this sneaky feeling that something will derail their season at some point. Have you heard some of their fans on WM of late? Talk about getting carried away. Talk of winning the premier league before they've even got out of the championship!!

If ever something was set up for a massive fall it's those lot up the rowad :-)

Well it looks like the talk of their "derailment" as soon as the weather gets cold is as absurd as it sounded. 

• Like 1

What can I say about this.. Happy for their fans as every fan wants their team to dominate like they are, but I am curious to see if they can keep this up for the remaining 27 games.

I am certainly looking forward to Wolves coming to Villa Park in March as I think they will have a harder job beating us than they had earlier this season.

If they do keep this run of dominance going I will be intrigued to see how they do in the Premier League, I still firmly believe that the Premier League is a vastly different beast now thanks to the ludicrous money, their fans think they'll walk it, but they won't.

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

What can I say about this.. Happy for their fans as every fan wants their team to dominate like they are, but I am curious to see if they can keep this up for the remaining 27 games.

I am certainly looking forward to Wolves coming to Villa Park in March as I think they will have a harder job beating us than they had earlier this season.

If they do keep this run of dominance going I will be intrigued to see how they do in the Premier League, I still firmly believe that the Premier League is a vastly different beast now thanks to the ludicrous money, their fans think they'll walk it, but they won't.

I'm really worried about us if we get promoted and Bruce still in charge. We approach games against the likes of Leeds and Wolves like they're Manchester City...what would happen when we face the real Manchester City :o 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm really worried about us if we get promoted and Bruce still in charge. We approach games against the likes of Leeds and Wolves like they're Manchester City...what would happen when we face the real Manchester City :o 

Even with another manager and some really solid recruitment in the Summer I think we'll struggle. The only way I don't see us struggling is if we really sign some top talent, but I'm enjoying this season as I think next season will be rough.

I don't even think Wolves will fair as well as they are likely thinking they will and they are as ready for the Premier League as any team in this league. It'll be interesting next season assuming we get promoted that is. 

Â