Jimzk5

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

What can I say about this.. Happy for their fans as every fan wants their team to dominate like they are, but I am curious to see if they can keep this up for the remaining 27 games.

I am certainly looking forward to Wolves coming to Villa Park in March as I think they will have a harder job beating us than they had earlier this season.

If they do keep this run of dominance going I will be intrigued to see how they do in the Premier League, I still firmly believe that the Premier League is a vastly different beast now thanks to the ludicrous money, their fans think they'll walk it, but they won't.

Villa Park will be a treat to them compared to other grounds. We usually have the perfect pitch and opposition passing teams thrive on it more than us

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Well it looks like the talk of their "derailment" as soon as the weather gets cold is as absurd as it sounded. 

I think the biggest threat to them may well be hanging on to the talent they have. If they lose a couple of players and the manager in jan then things could change quickly. 

Obviously this isn't going to happen to us because we have an awful manager and average players so we could sail right past them come april. 

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Villa Park will be a treat to them compared to other grounds. We usually have the perfect pitch and opposition passing teams thrive on it more than us

The pitch at VP has looked worse to me this season than at any point since the 90's. On TV you can see big brown patches.

Edited by TheAuthority

12 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I think the biggest threat to them may well be hanging on to the talent they have. If they lose a couple of players and the manager in jan then things could change quickly. 

Obviously this isn't going to happen to us because we have an awful manager and average players so we could sail right past them come april. 

Mendes will just find some more Porto players for them I'd imagine.

My tip for championship player of the season was actually Helder Costa. He actually hasn't done much so far. Been injured and also outshone by likes of Jota and Ruben Neves. If either of those two go he can always step up second half of the season.

Wolves have a good squad, plenty of depth in most positions. I'd imagine they'll add another striker in January aswell.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The pitch at VP has looked worse to me this season than at any point since the 90's. On TV you can see big brown patches.

I haven’t noticed that, but I haven’t seen any home games on TV.

But we got the pitch relaid in the summer so if true it probably has something to do with that. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well this should be interesting, Neves is banned. Their first real player missing. Lets see how they do without him. 

Helder Costa did miss the first 10 games or so having been injured for almost 6 months.

He had 10  goals and 8 assist in a crappy Wolves last season.

Should be a regular once he gets fully fit.

Edited by sne

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Helder Costa did miss the first 10 games or so having been injured for almost 6 months.

He had 10  goals and 8 assist in a crappy Wolves last season.

Should be a regular once he gets fully fit.

Thats interesting as they could have a kodjia situation where they have to try fit him in and the performances are not as good 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well this should be interesting, Neves is banned. Their first real player missing. Lets see how they do without him. 

You're quite right, it will be interesting, any team in this league would miss Neves.

Thankfully we do have a couple of options to replace him, Jack Price is probably the closest match to him in the squad, but I expect we'll start with N'diaye who has the physical presence we probably want in a derby game.

I asked two Villa fans yesterday what they would want from Blues v Wolves, both said they want Blues to lose :) 

While I'm here, just have to say Villa's run has been absolutely fantastic, especially with the injuries you've had to deal with.  I can see a Wolves/Villa 1, 2 this season.

On 11/25/2017 at 21:08, Daweii said:

If they do keep this run of dominance going I will be intrigued to see how they do in the Premier League, I still firmly believe that the Premier League is a vastly different beast now thanks to the ludicrous money, their fans think they'll walk it, but they won't.

definitely, there seems to be a few of them already plotting their champions league push, theres then a lot of them that dont seem to understand the PL pecking order and have the "why would he leave if we're doing well" mentality

dont get me wrong the way they've done it is impressive and i am actually a bit happy for them but they have the cold reality to come, they're a stepping stone for these kids, after they've sold them for £30-50m profit the next wave will probably come in but its very hard to sustain, eventually they'll sign the portuguese nzogbia 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

You're quite right, it will be interesting, any team in this league would miss Neves.

Thankfully we do have a couple of options to replace him, Jack Price is probably the closest match to him in the squad, but I expect we'll start with N'diaye who has the physical presence we probably want in a derby game.

I asked two Villa fans yesterday what they would want from Blues v Wolves, both said they want Blues to lose :) 

While I'm here, just have to say Villa's run has been absolutely fantastic, especially with the injuries you've had to deal with.  I can see a Wolves/Villa 1, 2 this season.

Those two villa fans are fools then. Any villa fan who has villas best interest at heart should care more about how it helps villa first then blose 2nd.

Blose have been strong at home i wouldn't be suprised if they sneak a 1-0 win at the sty and then get tonked 6-0 at molineux

Edited by Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Those two villa fans are fools then. Any villa fan who has villas best interest at heart should care more about how it helps villa first then blose 2nd.

Blose have been strong at home i wouldn't be suprised if they sneak a 1-0 win at the sty and then get tonked 6-0 at molineux

I must admit I was surprised too.

I think it'll be a tough game for us, Blues will do well to keep a clean sheet though I'd say.  I expect they would need to score twice to win the game.

Wolves are going to win the division. 

I hope you win every single game you play between now and the end of the season except the one against us - especially against our play off rivals. We're not chasing you - you're currently much better than we are and we're not going to catch you, so I'll take a Wolves victory and see the heath struggle thank you.

We saw from last night that Wolves have weaknesses. When they take the lead they play with a certain arrogance and when they are not destroying teams that they should be they get frustrated. with all the talent they have they struggled without neves. blose brought on gleeson and they were winning the midfield battle. I think they are beatable and not invincible like the pundits are trying to make out.

I mean they were trying to go as far as to say this wolves team is the best ever in the championship.  they may be miles ahead in the table and probably will win the title (which i am not bothered about as long as we finish 2nd)  but i am not buying this wolves wankfest. i think if they play like that against us at villa park we win if we have our full team  

They just won a local derby at a tough place to win and currently 11 points ahead of us plus missing there best player yeaterday

Plus they destroyed us less than 2 months ago and nobody has called them invincible since they have lost few games already

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They just won a local derby at a tough place to win and currently 11 points ahead of us plus missing there best player yeaterday

Plus they destroyed us less than 2 months ago and nobody has called them invincible since they have lost few games already

if neves was out for 2-3 months, jota out for the whole season and boly out for 8 weeks how would they do? i dont like the commentary team for Premier League games but even they said wolves have been very fortunate with injuries this year. 

beating us 2-0 is certainly not "destroyed" 

Sure Wolves will have bad patches, just like every other team but as long as it's not on the scale of the one we had last January I think they'll be fine.

Also sure they will have more injuries, just like every other team, but just like us they have a strong squad and should be able to handle it pretty well.

And just like us they have the contacts and financial power to be able to loan or sign replacements for those injured players.

Unlike us thou they run the risk of losing some of their on-loan players in January, there is for example talk of Atl Madrid wanting to take back Diogo Jota.

But since Helder Costa is slowly coming back from his long injury lay off I'm sure they'll be fine. And if not they'll loan in someone like Vitolo or Dani Ceballos...

Edited by sne

Â