Jimzk5

Just now, PieFacE said:

You'll walk the league and thrash Forest. Wouldn't worry. 

Cheers!  Hope you're right!

So are you guys likely to sign anyone this month?  Where do you think you need strengthening? 

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Yep, no wins and one goal in the last three games!  We'll be lucky to scrape the playoffs!

In all seriousness, I am slightly concerned about the game tomorrow against Forest.  I think it'll be a struggle.

If we fail to win that, then, well, it'll officially be a blip.

The whole point of having a points buffer is to handle blips though to be fair.

Winter is here! :)

Barnsley for you might not be an easy game either, but you should have enough to win.

You’ll win against Forest. No chance will you guys slip up. Hope you enjoy the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Cheers!  Hope you're right!

So are you guys likely to sign anyone this month?  Where do you think you need strengthening? 

I'm pretty buff, but I know @Dom_Wren could do with a few leg days.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that.  

My stomach could do with losing a few lbs though! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

You’ll win against Forest. No chance will you guys slip up. Hope you enjoy the rest of the season. 

Cheers, I can't believe our luck to be honest.  Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm pretty buff, but I know @Dom_Wren could do with a few leg days.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that.  

My stomach could do with losing a few lbs though! 

you're an inspiration to us all :) 

@Andy81 do you think some of your fans have lost their sense of humour a bit. I've got a few mates who are wolves fans, and I've been winding them up like ****, and they think I'm being serious. It seems some of your fans are taking themselves too seriously. Either way, good luck next season in the prem. it will be interesting to see if wolves are the real deal or not, and see how far your owner wants to push things. Hopefully we will join you, and hopefully we can push on too. It would be great for the West Midlands    for two of its clubs to have decent teams holding their own in the prem. 

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@Andy81 do you think some of your fans have lost their sense of humour a bit. I've got a few mates who are wolves fans, and I've been winding them up like ****, and they think I'm being serious. It seems some of your fans are taking themselves too seriously. Either way, good luck next season in the prem. it will be interesting to see if wolves are the real deal or not, and see how far your owner wants to push things. Hopefully we will join you, and hopefully we can push on too. It would be great for the West Midlands    for two of its clubs to have decent teams holding their own in the prem. 

It's hard for me to say to be honest, I live in London, and while I do know some Wolves fans here, I don't get time to spend with them to be honest.

I've heard the WM Phone in a few times and it's **** embarrassing, but having said that, I think it is for most clubs, I don't know where they find the callers on that station.

Having said that though, the confidence doesn't come from nowhere, Fosun have indicated that they mean business and it's a clear ambition of theirs to turn Wolves into a top club, so I don't think Wolves fans have just invented this.

You could be right though, I don't think we really know how to behave when our team is doing well, we're used to being the underdog, which is why the atmosphere is suffering a bit too I think (Villa at home was fantastic atmosphere wise however, as was Bristol City away).

I was born early 80s when it all turned to shit, so I've never seen a decent Wolves team until now (I hear Villa were doing ok around that time ;) ), well, we're relatively good compared to the last few decades, as you say, the proof of the pudding will be next year.  What happens in the Summer is anyone's guess I think.

I hope the fans get the underdog feeling again next year and we start to make more noise, that's half the fun.

All the best for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do Cyrill proud.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

It's hard for me to say to be honest, I live in London, and while I do know some Wolves fans here, I don't get time to spend with them to be honest.

I've heard the WM Phone in a few times and it's **** embarrassing, but having said that, I think it is for most clubs, I don't know where they find the callers on that station.

Having said that though, the confidence doesn't come from nowhere, Fosun have indicated that they mean business and it's a clear ambition of theirs to turn Wolves into a top club, so I don't think Wolves fans have just invented this.

You could be right though, I don't think we really know how to behave when our team is doing well, we're used to being the underdog, which is why the atmosphere is suffering a bit too I think (Villa at home was fantastic atmosphere wise however, as was Bristol City away).

I was born early 80s when it all turned to shit, so I've never seen a decent Wolves team until now (I hear Villa were doing ok around that time ;) ), well, we're relatively good compared to the last few decades, as you say, the proof of the pudding will be next year.  What happens in the Summer is anyone's guess I think.

I hope the fans get the underdog feeling again next year and we start to make more noise, that's half the fun.

best of luck....you lot have waited long enough, its your time.....you deserve a bit of it.....can't see you finishing anywhere but top.

2 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Once expectation levels rise, the atmosphere goes to shit for some reason, and fans just turn up and expect things to happen. This has surely got to be the best Wolves team since the 70s. Wolves are a great club, and growing up with so many of their fans, they have always been the main day to day rivals for me. Not many blues or Albion around my parts, mainly villa and wolves.

• Like 1

Said it before but last time Wolves went up it was all about survival and Mick was obviously limited to take Wolves up any further than 16-17th.

This time there will be a good opportunity to properly establish the club in the mould of a Southampton or Watford as you've got a good manager, plenty of good players and obviously premier league football to entice even better players.

If West Brom can stay in the premier league for eight years Wolves certainly should be capable of that with how they are run now.

• Like 1

@TRO @Rugeley Villa @VillaChris cheers chaps, nice of you to say, I agree with all that.  Likewise, I've honestly always thought if Wolves didn't exist I'd be a Villa fan, like the culture of the club and fans as well as the obvious history.  We also both have a dislike of blue and white, no matter how it's arranged :) 

Love Wolves v Villa games, although we've only won three of em in my lifetime.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

@TRO @Rugeley Villa @VillaChris cheers chaps, nice of you to say, I agree with all that.  Likewise, I've honestly always thought if Wolves didn't exist I'd be a Villa fan, like the culture of the club and fans as well as the obvious history.  We also both have a dislike of blue and white, no matter how it's arranged :) 

Love Wolves v Villa games, although we've only won three of em in my lifetime.

I remember some cracking Wolves players, loved John Richards, fine striker......waggy was a fine winger.....knowlesy could play a bit.....The Doog was nuts, we both had a bit of him " he was asked once about formations he replied " its 1-10 isn't it.....tongue in cheek I guess.:)

Stan Cullis team was some outfit too, just a bit before my interest in football

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I remember some cracking Wolves players, loved John Richards, fine striker......waggy was a fine winger.....knowlesy could play a bit.....The doug was nuts, we both had a bit of him " he was asked once about formations he replied " its 1-10 isn't it.....tongue in cheek I guess.:)

Good knowledge!  That was all before my time unfortunately but everyone knew about the Doog.

I don't know much about his time at Villa, it's weird how he seems associated with Wolves as he was relatively late in his career when he joined us, but I believe is mostly associated with us, he was even buried in a Wolves coffin!

My earliest memories are mid 90s when we had Gordon Cowens playing for us, he was quality, as well as Daley (when fit) and Frogatt who I really liked.  We do love wingers at Wolves, this is the first team I've seen us have without them that the crowd has taken to.

Mark McGhee tried five at the back with wing backs in the late 90s when Brian Little was doing it successfully at Villa.  Didn't work for us!

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I remember some cracking Wolves players, loved John Richards, fine striker......waggy was a fine winger.....knowlesy could play a bit.....The doug was nuts, we both had a bit of him " he was asked once about formations he replied " its 1-10 isn't it.....tongue in cheek I guess.:)

Wolves were one of the top teams in the world in the 50s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You can usually have a civilised conversation with wolves fans. I think there is a mutual respect between both clubs.

That's my experience too.  Play footie with a Villa fan every week and he's great.  Extended family have Holte End season tickets too.

20 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Good knowledge!  That was all before my time unfortunately but everyone knew about the Doog.

I don't know much about his time at Villa, it's weird how he seems associated with Wolves as he was relatively late in his career when he joined us, but I believe is mostly associated with us, he was even buried in a Wolves coffin!

My earliest memories are mid 90s when we had Gordon Cowens playing for us, he was quality, as well as Daley (when fit) and Frogatt who I really liked.  We do love wingers at Wolves, this is the first team I've seen us have without them that the crowd has taken to.

Mark McGhee tried five at the back with wing backs in the late 90s when Brian Little was doing it successfully at Villa.  Didn't work for us!

best comment i have had in 5,000,000,000 posts.....do you mind if I frame it?:D

34 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I don't doubt the ambition, or the excitement that's coming from it...but what is a "top club" ? I think that's where it starts to become a bit blurry for wolves fans, established in the prem? Top half prem? Top of the mini table challenging for 7th and that final European spot? Any one of those whilst also making an effort in the cups? Or top 4?

because I'd say villa fans are maybe 2nd only to Everton fans in telling you that the last one isn't happening bar a Leicester sized miracle (also known as a Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City collapse ;) ) the jump between a good well established prem team and a champions league club is monumental, and it's nothing to do with your owners ambition or money, it's the way football is, it's broken and stacked so unfavourably it's almost corrupt, it's sounds almost purposefully negative and a knock from rival fans but these great prospects you have would leave to sit in city's reserves, that's a fact of life, said before though at least wolves seem to be doing it in the right way in that they'll make money from player turnover, it's keeping that production line going that's the hard bit 

if in 5 years time wolves have a couple of top 10 league finishes and a Wembley appearance under them I think you should be over the moon, if you get to watch your team in Europe it's one the best days you'll have bar winning something, that imo is realistic ambition for wolves right now, or you could just be like the baggies and not care that your team is shit and plays dreadful football as long as you finish above your West Midlands rivals :P

1 minute ago, TRO said:

best comment i have had in 5,000,000,000 posts.....do you mind if I frame it?:D

What you on about? You're the godfather of VT on topic. Never seen you venture into off topic mind, but it's a wise choice on your part  :)

8 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

That's my experience too.  Play footie with a Villa fan every week and he's great.  Extended family have Holte End season tickets too.

Well if you end up flopping, you can come back and support us again  ;)

Â