Jimzk5

54 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The thing is, this has been said a few times now “they didn’t look that great”. They still picked up the three points.

They are beatable, that’s been shown to be the case.

I don’t see them collapsing. I think when people were talking about the winter period being hard for them, I think it was more the threat of injuries from games in quick succession, rather than “ooh it can be a bit nippy round here”.

They may have a little off spell where they may drop a few wins in a row. But not enough to prevent them from achieving promotion.

How they get on in the premier league will be interesting.

Their movement and efferevescence will see them through in general....last night a bit flat overall, but still capable of securing a win.

conversely, we have resilience now.....just look stale in the last third going forward.

due to the blunt attack, sadly our best hope of points is soak it up and hit them on the break.....I don't see that changing unless, we get some players in who can.

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Their movement and efferevescence will see them through in general....last night a bit flat overall, but still capable of securing a win.

conversely, we have resilience now.....just look stale in the last third going forward.

due to the blunt attack, sadly our best hope of points is soak it up and hit them on the break.....I don't see that changing unless, we get some players in who can.

Wouldn't that approach be better suited to a team that had a very dangerous striker but little else (like us last season with Kodija).

Since we don't have a scoring striker our best bet should be to have as much ball as possible and create as many chances as possible for said striker and our other attacking players.

IMO we have players good enough to do that in this league. A midfield containing Adomah, Hourihane, Snodgrass, Grealish, Green (when back) Lansbury... not all at once obviously should be able to do it against most opponents in this league. While having Jedi, Whelan or Onomah to do the holding role(s)

Relying on soaking up pressure and hoping to hit them on the break relying on a 19 y.o target man with rather poor finishing is both strange, overly cautious and unnecessary.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I tjink they will do better than west brom next season. How depressing west brom vs wolves in top flight while the second city derby in championship 

10 years ago who would have thought that? Cheers lerner bloody cretin

West Brom could be bottom of premier league tonight

No guarantee to stay up

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully that be awesome if us and wolves went up. That would be hilarous

That would be perfect.  Well, with Small Heath going down too it would be.

Watched the Ronaldo story and Mendes said they chose United as they offered 50% game time and this is what he recommends to his young players to gain experience. Then would work on big deals after that progress

Just wondering if that was his sell to the guys joining Wolves. 

You have to admire this wolves side. That was a very impressive win. Honestly i think they are better than some premier league sides. 

They are not unbeatable and have some weaknesses but they are good side. Been very fortunate with injuries though mind you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You have to admire this wolves side. That was a very impressive win. Honestly i think they are better than some premier league sides. 

They are not unbeatable and have some weaknesses but they are good side. Been very fortunate with injuries though mind you.

They have had some injuries, they had Boly out for 2 months and Helder Costa out until October. Nowhere near the injuries we've got but they've still had them. 

Linked with PSV Dutch striker/wide forward Jürgen Locadia on SKY

Has 9 goals and 6 assist in 15 games for them this season.

£10m or there about apparently replacing  Nouha Dicko who's been sold to Hull

And no, he is in fact not owned by Mendes but by SEG 

1 hour ago, sne said:

They can afford to spend big now, it would be the biggest bottle job in this league if they didn't go up now

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They can afford to spend big now, it would be the biggest bottle job in this league if they didn't go up now

Yup

They got £3.5m for Dicko, if the get Locadia for £8-10m it,'s not a huge outlay.

Edited by sne

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They will stay up comfortably.

I think that's the difference. When they went up under Mick they were just happy finishing 17th and weren't interested in building for higher.

With the present structure they've got the opportunity to establish themselves like Bournemouth and Watford have.

22 hours ago, sne said:

Would be an outrageous signing for this league. Does make you jealous when we've spent more than that on Hogan and McCormack, even Kodjia because this guy is twice the player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would be an outrageous signing for this league. Does make you jealous when we've spent more than that on Hogan and McCormack, even Kodjia because this guy is twice the player. 

They target technically gifted players, first and foremost.

We target workman like figures.....nothing wrong with that, but at our level, thats usually all they have.....its just not enough.

Hogan and McCormack has been systematic of have how this club has been run for many years.

If i was given only one piece of criteria to criticise our club for over the years it would be player transfers.

It think it has been the single most factor in holding us back.....just my opinion.

If I was Xia that would be a major focus for me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He'll be pretty confident he's playing in the PL next season. We just can't compete with the Wolverhampton Wanderers of this world. <_<

But they have been stuck down here for some years, must have been envious to look across at WBA getting promoted.

They looked at us being sold and put 2 & 2 together, as we did.

They have just got their act together and so far, its working.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Holland not calling him up genuinely surprised me.

Â