Jimzk5

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ifs and buts, easily best team in league and deserve the praise. Nuno top manager

Only team to keep City scoreless this season

It's pretty easy when you can just loan/buy players from CL clubs, though.  If they weren't up there - and, granted, they're doing very well - it'd be **** embarassing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's pretty easy when you can just loan/buy players from CL clubs, though.  If they weren't up there - and, granted, they're doing very well - it'd be **** embarassing.

It certainly helps.

Our 2 CL-clubs loans have played a big part for us so far, as have our 3rd PL loanee Snodgrass.

Wolves loans are higher caliber players than ours and I'd also be very surprised if they didn't get promoted. 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

It certainly helps.

Our 2 CL-clubs loans have played a big part for us so far, as have our 3rd PL loanee Snodgrass.

Wolves loans are higher caliber players than ours and I'd also be very surprised if they didn't get promoted. 

I probably should've clarified the point on their CL loans/purchases being players who played at that level and were big parts of Porto's team; inclusive of their captain and an Atletico Madrid midfielder who looks like a fantastic talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I probably should've clarified the point on their CL loans/purchases being players who played at that level and were big parts of Porto's team; inclusive of their captain and an Atletico Madrid midfielder who looks like a fantastic talent.

N'diaye and Bonatini also very good loans as it turns out.

Loaning that many players from abroad was a gamble that could have gone either way, but they have made it work so far. Cold nights in Stoke and all that...

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Linked with Benfica midfielder Joao Carvalho 

Man Mendes really is gift wrapping them the title isnt he? Smart move the Wolves board done here. We need to get a super agent on our board! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Man Mendes really is gift wrapping them the title isnt he? Smart move the Wolves board done here. We need to get a super agent on our board! 

Yup

As much as Bruce's contacts have been helpful in bringing in players for us (Terry, Snoddy, Elmo, Whelan, Johnstone, Samba) he can't really be expected to have the same pull or contacts as someone like Mendes

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup

As much as Bruce's contacts have been helpful in bringing in players for us (Terry, Snoddy, Elmo, Whelan, Johnstone, Samba) he can't really be expected to have the same pull or contacts as someone like Mendes

knowing our luck we would end up with Lee Cattermole and Jack Rodwell's agent 

• Haha 2

Bruce was right!!!! ;)

Sunderland did a good job of parking the bus to be honest, but it was pretty much attack v defence the whole game, not fun to watch.

Our players lacked a bit of sharpness, but fair play to Sunderland, they got what they came for.

Crap atmosphere too in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Bruce was right!!!! ;)

Sunderland did a good job of parking the bus to be honest, but it was pretty much attack v defence the whole game, not fun to watch.

Our players lacked a bit of sharpness, but fair play to Sunderland, they got what they came for.

Crap atmosphere too in my opinion.

Villa Park was a crap atmosphere as well weekend. Think weather played  apart 

I watched the game against Sheff Wed.....I thought Wolves were fortunate to take all 3 points.

However,They have players who can muster individual skill to win games....as opposed to total football domination.

Overall, on the night, I was not terribly impressed.....they are definately beatable.They are not the invincible force their points haul suggest, not based on this game anyway.

our problem lies with ourselves.

Wolves look a little tired I think, but as TRO says, they've got individuals that can win games with moments of brilliance. 

I have a feeling that clubs working with individual agents is the way forward - it's something that's been in the game for a while with managers who have agents that they're allied with (very often their own agent). It's become an important part of the decision making process for clubs in selecting managers, they're asking "Who does he know? Who does he work with? Who is he connected with?" as a big part of the recruitment process. There are Villa managers in the recent past who signed the majority of their players from the same agent that represented them personally. 

It's not a great surprise to see that evolving into a stage where the manager is removed from that process and clubs and agents get closer and closer together - it removes the temptation of agents and managers to collude in signing players for personal profit rather than the benefit of the club. Wolves are ahead of a curve in a way and have also been both lucky and clever in the way they've gone about things. It'll be interesting to see what they do in January's window if tiredness is becoming an issue.

• Like 1

The thing is, this has been said a few times now “they didn’t look that great”. They still picked up the three points.

They are beatable, that’s been shown to be the case.

I don’t see them collapsing. I think when people were talking about the winter period being hard for them, I think it was more the threat of injuries from games in quick succession, rather than “ooh it can be a bit nippy round here”.

They may have a little off spell where they may drop a few wins in a row. But not enough to prevent them from achieving promotion.

How they get on in the premier league will be interesting.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Neves goal, hard to think of a more skilful goal from outside the box this season. He just passed it into the net

..and to think there was someone on here arguing he wouldn't get into our team. I think he'd get into most premier league sides (i.e. top 8 and below) right now and even that's being cautious.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

..and to think there was someone on here arguing he wouldn't get into our team. I think he'd get into most premier league sides (i.e. top 8 and below) right now and even that's being cautious.

Walk into Liverpool for a start, maybe United as well

Â