Jimzk5

Shows what a good manager does.

Yes they've got some very good players like Neves and Jota, but they've also got some shite like Conor Cody, Matt Docherty, Roman Saiss etc

Yet 2 games in a row they've apparently played the opposition of the park with a good standard of exciting football, while remaining solid at the back.

So, they were atrocious last season, but with the right manager they are now winning games and playing really good football, having spent a similar amount on players as us. Just goes to show the importance of getting the right manager in. Sadly, our owner has repeated **** this decision up and as a result we have spent incredible sums on money on poor players and look no where near promotion candidates. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Hope wolves do well. They were always our rivals for me because I grew up with a lot of them, and there was a time in my youth where I disliked them. Decent club and hope they can achieve some success, but not at our expense.

On 13/08/2017 at 11:41, HanoiVillan said:

They'll get automatic promotion IMO. 

Disappointing the manner in which they've done it, but they're very good. 

I remember going to watch us pre season at their place a couple of year ago. They were much stronger and I thought then they would do well. It weren't to be though. Can't see them getting automatic, but play offs yes.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves a team that spend money and actually know how to build a promotion side unlike us with 12m on.mccormack and 5m on tishbola 

Another circus :rolleyes:

They didn't last year. They just signed a higher quality of player this summer.

Still got Helder Costa to come back aswell.

One thing I don't understand is how Wolves are doing this from an FFP standpoint. If we are so hard up against it how can they spend this kind of money when they don't have the two years PL losses allowance that we have? 

By my reckoning in transfer fees alone they've spent £45m net in the last two windows. I thought the three year loss was £36m for Championship teams?

Edited by villaglint

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

One thing I don't understand is how Wolves are doing this from an FFP standpoint. If we are so hard up against it how can they spend this kind of money when they don't have the two years PL losses allowance that we have? 

By my reckoning in transfer fees alone they've spent £45m net in the last two windows. I thought the three year loss was £36m for Championship teams?

This is something I dont understand, but if they go up as expected they will be fine as wont have to face ramifications 

Â