Jimzk5

3 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

So has Bruce, and he's done the grand total of **** all in terms of style 12 months. Nuno has been at Wolves two minutes. Therein lies the difference

Not in style but more importantly has us 5th from top instead of 5th from bottom which is fundamentally much more important.

Nuno hasnt hit a bad vein of form yet. Be interesting to see how he performs if/when it happens 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not in style but more importantly has us 5th from top instead of 5th from bottom which is fundamentally much more important.

Nuno hasnt hit a bad vein of form yet. Be interesting to see how he performs if/when it happens 

The point is he should have been building a squad to achieve automatic promotion, like Wolves have done. Not build a squad to barely resemble any football and scrape into the playoffs. Not good enough

Edited by MikeAVFC

13 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

The point is he should have been building a squad to achieve automatic promotion, like Wolves have done. Not build a squad to barely resemble any football and scrape into the playoffs. Not good enough

I feel bruce has. As demonstrated by league placing. As good as wolves have been we really are not that far behind them. I also don't think we have peaked yet or hit our potential.

id also like to add we have had injuries all season to key players like kodjia, jedinak etc. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I feel bruce has. As demonstrated by league placing. As good as wolves have been we really are not that far behind them. I also don't think we have peaked yet or hit our potential.

id also like to add we have had injuries all season to key players like kodjia, jedinak etc. 

after watching us play them I can confirm we are miles behind

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Really??? I think he's wasted a lot of money. It's certainly not a good enough squad for the top 2, despite spending millions and millions of pounds. Spending the amount we have, we shouldn't have assembled a squad to simply scrape the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Let's just wait and see how they perform in the cold with wet muddy pitches.  Here's hoping for a miserable winter.

What relevance is the weather and time of year? Sorry, cliched bollocks that is. You sound like Bruce. 

Edited by MikeAVFC

Wolves look good right now.

Remember years back when Ipswich were in the top 2 of the PL for half a season, go a bit further back and remember when we were top of the Prem at Christmas (99?), remember when Amir Zaki scored 13 goals in 11 games and then went awol after Christmas?

Remember Michael Ricketts?

It's why football seasons run until May, not December.

Come back when they've actually achieved something @MikeAVFC

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wolves look good right now.

Remember years back when Ipswich were in the top 2 of the PL for half a season, go a bit further back and remember when we were top of the Prem at Christmas (99?), remember when Amir Zaki scored 13 goals in 11 games and then went awol after Christmas?

Remember Michael Ricketts?

It's why football seasons run until May, not December.

Come back when they've actually achieved something @MikeAVFC

Oh god yeah I know nothing's won in October and things can change, but they do look good at the moment. 

They are human after all.. Slip up against QPR. 

Be interesting after the highs of being top.. getting turned over by QPR... how will they bounce back?

A couple of injuries.. loss of form... alot of matches in a week.. lets see how they are placed after Christmas. I imagine they will still be up there.. but maybe not top. 

Not as invincible as people were saying. Like i said in another thread if we win today (big if as i dont think we will) they have us and sheff united breathing down their necks. Few injuries huw will they cope? They have not had the injuries we have.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody has said they are invincible, just that they are a hell of a lot better football team than us

Its 5 points so that of course isn't true at this stage. If people were referring to playing better football than us then yes they do but that's not what's been highlighted.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its 5 points so that of course isn't true at this stage. If people were referring to playing better football than us then yes they do but that's not what's been highlighted.

Its highlighted when we played them

Just now, Zatman said:

Its highlighted when we played them

They were better on the day doesn't mean they are better than us by that much. If they had injuries to key players like we had I'd like to see how they would do.

we are on a good run and not playing particularly well signs of a great team. 

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They were better on the day doesn't mean they are better than us by that much. If they had injuries to key players like we had I'd like to see how they would do.

we are on a good run and not playing particularly well signs of a great team. 

That’s a entirely different point though Dem.

Talking about how they cope with injuries is about squad depth it’s not the same thing.

Is anyone really trying to say that Wolves don’t play better football than us currently? Or that they aren’t a better side than us at present? Come on.

On your last line Dem, I can only hope that you meant something different to what that implies.

Â