Jimzk5

Lambert was always going to be a stop gap manager for Wolves.

He's not the type of manager the people running the club want's. To start with he's not Portuguese speaking...

14 wins, 14 losses and 5 draws. Pretty similar results as to what Bruce got for us.

For the wolves owners that's apparently not good enough.

Edit: The Wolves owners are acting in the way I'd like ours to act regarding the managerial situation this summer. Replace the stop gap manager they brought in by necessity mid season, and bring in a (IMO) higher quality manager.

Now there is no guarantee this is the right way to go, or that Wolves will succeed next season.

But it's the way I'd like us to do things.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Lambert was always going to be a stop gap manager for Wolves.

He's not the type of manager the people running the club want's. To start with he's not Portuguese speaking...

14 wins, 14 losses and 5 draws. Pretty similar results as to what Bruce got for us.

For the wolves owners that's apparently not good enough.

Edit: The Wolves owners are acting in the way I'd like ours to act regarding the managerial situation this summer. Replace the stop gap manager they brought in by necessity mid season, and bring in a (IMO) higher quality manager.

Now there is no guarantee this is the right way to go, or that Wolves will succeed next season.

But it's the way I'd like us to do things.

With all respect thats what we have been going for the lazst two years! Some stability at last and people want more instability!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With all respect thats what we have been going for the lazst two years! Some stability at last and people want more instability!

It really is not.

I'm not advocating replacing the manager for the sake of it. But Wolves clearly had this manager sounded out and scouted for a while. That's how I wan't us to act.

Not having a guy because he happened to be available at the time.

Stability means f all if it's for the sake of it. I don't rate the job Bruce has done here, nor was he someone I rated much before he came here. I just don't think he's a good fit for this Villa team.

We had 3 years of dismal stability under Lambert. For me that was 2.5 years too long as it was clear very early on it was not going to work.

Now if you rate Bruce that's fine, but keeping him because he just happens to be here and stability is a terrible reason.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sne said:

It really is not.

I'm not advocating replacing the manager for the sake of it. But Wolves clearly had this manager sounded out and scouted for a while. That's how I wan't us to act.

Not having a guy because he happened to be available at the time.

Stability means f all if it's for the sake of it. I don't rate the job Bruce has done here, nor was he someone I rated much before he came here. I just don't think he's a good fit for this Villa team.

We had 3 years of dismal stability under Lambert. For me that was 2.5 years too long as it was clear very early on it was not going to work.

Now if you rate Bruce that's fine, but keeping him because he just happens to be here and stability is a terrible reason.

I dont rate Bruce style of play but i do think he is taking us in the right direction. Wolves are turning into the likes of QpR and Leeds with change of managers. I agree with your point about not just having stability for sake of it, but unlike lambert i think things are going to get better than get much worse like he did with us

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont rate Bruce style of play but i do think he is taking us in the right direction. Wolves are turning into the likes of QpR and Leeds with change of managers. I agree with your point about not just having stability for sake of it, but unlike lambert i think things are going to get better than get much worse like he did with us

Can't argue with that, perfectly good reasons IMO.

For me thou I just don't see it working out under Bruce. And that's why I wan't him replaced.

• Like 2

Just heard the news at Wolves.  Would anyone like to see Tony Daley down ours?  Think he was head of sports science.  Don't know if he's good in that area, but loved watching him burst down our wings back in the day.  Nostalgia playing a part here for sure. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

5 years to the day since we appointed him as manager!!:rolleyes:

I was over the moon, really thought he'd be excellent for us. 

Now up there with my most hated of ex managers. 

22 hours ago, sne said:

It really is not.

I'm not advocating replacing the manager for the sake of it. But Wolves clearly had this manager sounded out and scouted for a while.

. . . because he's a stooge for Jorge Mendes who will help to transfer fans' money into Jorge's bank account. 

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . because he's a stooge for Jorge Mendes who will help to transfer fans' money into Jorge's bank account. 

Considering their first signing is going to be a British based player I highly doubt that Mendes is running the show there.

5 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Considering their first signing is going to be a British based player I highly doubt that Mendes is running the show there.

iirc the reason Lambert was pushed out was that Mendes was taking control of transfers (or had a big influence on the transfers)

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

iirc the reason Lambert was pushed out was that Mendes was taking control of transfers (or had a big influence on the transfers)

And that his results were poor.

6 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

I'm afraid I think you're wrong. This nuno bloke is absolutely mendes chosen. Expect all sorts of foreign players joining the show now. Mendes has been a huge impact on nuno throughout his career. I think he is the puppet and mendes is the puppet master.

• Like 1

Â