Jimzk5

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

propelled us below mediocrity and brought in a losing mentality to the club which still hasnt disappeared yet. a manager who should have walked after losing 8-0

He wasn't all to blame though. We were on the slide before and after him.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No hate for lambert from me. Can't see why people hate on him.

The 'football' he presided over made me hate Villa

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

The 'football' he presided over made me hate Villa

It was shit mate but like I said it was not all down to him. Most of us were excited with his appointment but he was a let down and tbf he's not a very good manager. Decent enough bloke though.

not all down to him but managers have worked under limited budgets before and not produced such turgid football .except last 2 months of his first season it never got exciting. even then we only stayed up as Wigan lost 2 games in hand

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It was shit mate but like I said it was not all down to him. Most of us were excited with his appointment but he was a let down and tbf he's not a very good manager. Decent enough bloke though.

It was the worst football I have ever seen, not just from Villa, but from anyone. 

As Zatman said, teams can be shit and still try and be entertaining. 

I don't hate him, i'm sure he is a nice bloke, but I hated his tenure at Villa

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not all down to him but managers have worked under limited budgets before and not produced such turgid football .except last 2 months of his first season it never got exciting. even then we only stayed up as Wigan lost 2 games in hand

He kept us up though, maybe in his final season we would of went down but who knows.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It was the worst football I have ever seen, not just from Villa, but from anyone. 

As Zatman said, teams can be shit and still try and be entertaining. 

I don't hate him, i'm sure he is a nice bloke, but I hated his tenure at Villa

And me ha. I'm not defending him as a good manager because he wasn't .

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He kept us up though, maybe in his final season we would of went down but who knows.

He did, but I think we would have gone down in his last season. Sherwood only just kept us up and we had the 'new manager bounce'. Without that we would have been dead and buried

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Atleast it got exciting at times under sherwood. Sherwood was never ever the right man for the job.

He was never the right man for the 15-16 rebuild but the run in to the 14-15 season was far more exciting than pretty much the whole of the Lambert reign.

How would Lambert have done having to replace Benteke, Vlaar and Delph in the same summer? Not very well I'd suspect given we struggled to score goals and win games when all three were playing as we saw in the run up to him getting sacked.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was never the right man for the 15-16 rebuild but the run in to the 14-15 season was far more exciting than pretty much the whole of the Lambert reign.

How would Lambert have done having to replace Benteke, Vlaar and Delph in the same summer? Not very well I'd suspect given we struggled to score goals and win games when all three were playing as we saw in the run up to him getting sacked.

He'd have done better than 4 points out of 11 games or whatever it was when Sherwood was sacked. 

I'm no big defender of Lambert but he was a much, much better manager than Sherwood (which is why he's managing a team in the Championship, while Sherwood was unemployed forever and has eventually been given a job with no responsibility by his best mate). 

• Like 3

Defended him to the last at Villa, as he had very difficult circumstances to manage in.

But by the end I was broken by what Villa had become under his management,his legacy was defeat and despondency at our great club.

We will struggle to escape that for a while yet (refer to Norwich game for reference) hopefully Bruce will restore our reputation to that of a normal club, then who knows...

We go again!

As for the Dingles I am sure he will be able to keep them mid-table or there about.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Winning again today and could go above us. How embarrassing 

So that's us below West Brom, Stoke, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves & Leicester.

Remember those "Pride of the Midlands" scarfs...

• Like 1

He's using Weimann and Costa in exactly the same way he used Weimann and Agbonlahor here - if he's got good quick wide strikers, he can use everyone else to shut up shop - it's a formula that can work for him and them, they'll never go down in that way, but I'm not sure they'll ever go up either.

Â