Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone know what the wolves forums are saying about him?

Listening to the phone ins on WM their main issues with him seem to be too much chopping and changing of the team and being way too negative. I think as we found, certainly in his last year here, he gets bogged down in being too scared to go out to win games for fear of losing them.

They have Rotherham at home on Saturday and I can’t see them not wining that. I also can’t see them going down but if come the end of the season they still average just a point a game under him I can see Lambert getting the sack.

Edited by markavfc40

They signed a huge amount during the summer, I do agree that's causing issues particularly as Lambert has brought in about 5 players from the under 20 squad into the first team since he came in.

Then you have the players from the Jackett era like Ikeme, Dotherty, Batth, Price still all there.

Must be close to 40 players!

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:44, Demitri_C said:

How the hell did we lose to these lot. What a pathetic result that was.

Because we didn't have a shot on target.

I'm pretty sure anybody else in the division would have beaten these that day.  Same as the Newcastle away game we lost 2-0.

On 05/03/2017 at 11:58, dudevillaisnice said:

He will get a result from somewhere, he always managed to get a result when it felt like "that was it" when he was here. 

How predictable. They have beaten Rotherham at home and have just beaten Brentford away.

A Paul Lambert set of results if I had ever seen one. When it looks like he is about to get the sack he gets these results.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Would rather Wolves stay up than Blues so not a bad result and keeps Brentford below us.

I dunno. Wolves will probably sack this clown and replace him with somebody soon and have resources so could be a danger to our promotion hopes next season

15 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How predictable. They have beaten Rotherham at home and have just beaten Brentford away.

A Paul Lambert set of results if I had ever seen one. When it looks like he is about to get the sack he gets these results.

Battered Brentford, absolutely battered them.  Amazing that it took as long as it did for them to score.  Fair play Lambo.

• Like 1

Their run in isn’t too bad so I am sure they will pick up the 7 or 8 points they will need to secure safety.

Whether they can do enough for him to keep his job I don’t know but the Wolves fans on the WM radio phone ins are scathing of him and despite winning on Saturday they were booed off at full time as it was that dire and negative apparently.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Lambert is going to quit another club again after 6 months as Jorge Mendes will have final say over him in transfer dealings this summer.

Just had a look at the Wolves forum to see what they're saying and it all looks very familiar.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/lambert-set-to-leave.195987/page-14

Yes he's only had 6 months but just decisions like cms at fullbacks and consistently picking Dave Edwards is enough to show me he's deluded

:P

To be honest, my sympathies are more with Lambert on this one. They were doing shit, he came in and brought in some players he wanted, they did a bit better, now they want to impose players on him and go back to the system that didn't work last summer (and seems to be simply more wallet-lining for Jorge Mendes as far as I can see). 

• Like 2

He's got a certain style of play is the problem and he'd have to adapt to suit the influx of Portuguese players mendes will force on him. Think he's the kind of manager that works best with a small squad but he'll end up managing a squad bigger than Chelsea's by July if he stayed. They'll always be someone at this level willing to give him a chance so why not walk. 

Â