Jimzk5

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

People were predicting big things from them last summer, as I said at the time the set up is all wrong. Can't see them doing anything next season.

This really, when you have an agent getting his own managers in, signing his own players (despite what the club say) it's not going to work, they are turning wolves into a feeder club

On 6/2/2017 at 19:38, Jimzk5 said:

This really, when you have an agent getting his own managers in, signing his own players (despite what the club say) it's not going to work, they are turning wolves into a feeder club

Specifically, feeding Jorge Mendes' bank account. 

They think they've tamed this dragon and are going to turn it on the opposition. I don't think dragons get tamed. 

On 6/2/2017 at 19:38, Jimzk5 said:

I think it was Doncaster that did this a few years ago when they signed Beye off us and a whole load of French mercs.  Yeah, it didn't end well.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are signing Ruben Neves from Porto. Quaity signing to go with Costa. 2 players we wish we had. I think they will be up there if they sign 2-3 more of the same calibre. 

Mendes has far better players to flog than Willie McKay though, they also have a potentially top class manager and if they build up a bit of momentum will have a good chance of promotion. It is a somewhat corrupt and unothodox setup but that doesn't mean it won't succeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mendes has far better players to flog than Willie McKay though, they also have a potentially top class manager and if they build up a bit of momentum will have a good chance of promotion. It is a somewhat corrupt and unothodox setup but that doesn't mean it won't succeed.

Reminds me a bit of how Watford do things, different structure but still getting in decent foreign players mixed with established domestic players. Did take a few seasons and plenty of managers for it to click at Watford though.

1) i'll believe it when i see it, i remember them having the transfer battle with liverpool last summer over that bloke that no ones heard of since

2) theres no long termism to it, if neves signs for them over a prem / CL this summer then next summer he'll be leaving

playing 60 games for a team trying to win the league, playing CL, on the brink of breaking through to the national european champions...to wolves? dodgy isnt the word

jealous, do you wish he was signing for us or that was happening here? not having it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

1) i'll believe it when i see it, i remember them having the transfer battle with liverpool last summer over that bloke that no ones heard of since

People have heard of Talisca since ;) 

• Like 2

Â