Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

QPR will be a different proposition entirely from Reading. Harry in the short time he's been there will have got them organized a bit better and will have instilled a little more confidence. Very difficult game for us with Hoilett running at our suspect defence although i hope Vlaar will be back for this one, which will help. I'd also want Ireland playing from the start to have more of a steadying influence on Bannan and Westwood but wouldn't at all be surprised to see Lambert bringing back KEA to bolster our midfield which i feel would be a mistake.

A draw would be acceptable with three points already in the bag from the game against Reading and i hope our fans leave Harry well alone because if they don't it's going to play into hands of both Harry and his team.

QPR will be a different proposition entirely from Reading. Harry in the short time he's been there will have got them organized a bit better and will have instilled a little more confidence. Very difficult game for us with Hoilett running at our suspect defence although i hope Vlaar will be back for this one, which will help. I'd also want Ireland playing from the start to have more of a steadying influence on Bannan and Westwood but wouldn't at all be surprised to see Lambert bringing back KEA to bolster our midfield which i feel would be a mistake.

A draw would be acceptable with three points already in the bag from the game against Reading and i hope our fans leave Harry well alone because if they don't it's going to play into hands of both Harry and his team.

Very much agree with all of that.

Smallish pitch could suit our new found style, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Would restore Ireland in place of Holman from last night and leave the rest unchanged. Since we went 4231 we've been performing to a solid mid table standard, so I see no reason to change the personnel.

• Like 1

I think this game will be very different to the Reading home game.

Reading came to Villa park last night with the aim "Don't lose". In all honesty, they were shit, and we were slightly better. It took us 80 minutes for us to eventually break them down. When teams come to Villa park and play for the draw we struggle, as we struggle to carve up teams who are "sitting back"

Against QPR there will be a few differences.

- QPR are at home, they will be playing for the win meaning they will come out and attack us. Hopefully our defence will hold but it means we have a much more likely chance of counter attacking and getting a few goals. A good example of this was against United. United didn't sit back against us and wanted to attack, but it meant we had the opportunity to go forwards as space was created and knick a couple of goals.

I can see this happening vs QPR. Their home fans will expect them to come out and attack attack attack, which may give us the space to score a few.

I think it could be 2-2 (my wise head on)

Or 1-2 to Villa (my Villa head on)

--------------------Guzan--------------------

Lowton----- Baker------ Vlaar----- Lichaj

Holman - Bannan - Westwood - Gabby

-------------------Ireland--------------------

------------------Benteke-------------------

• Like 1

Exactly this. :D

Team i would pick too. Dont mind if Clark slots in for Baker. I would be tempted to switch Ireland and Holman. I think Holmans best games have come when hes behind the striker.