Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We're just going to have to take it to them.

One problem with the Reading match was that we didn't take the initiative which is what we will have to do here.

Their players and fans will be up for it due to it being their first game under Mr Handsome. And he'll enjoy trying to beat us as we're not in his good books.

I hope we get an early goal (Before twenty minutes) because that'll shut them right up. I think we will and add one more to that. If we stay tight at the back and keep our concentration we shouldn't concede.

I'll go with 2-0 to us.

I'd play -

---------------Bent------Benteke------

------------------Weimann-------------

Ireland----------------------El Ahmadi

-----------------Westwood-------------

Lichaj------Baker------Clark------Lowton

--------------------Guzan---------------

With Holman and Agbonlahor getting at least half an hour. Bannan getting at least fifteen minutes.

Chances are Bent won't start (Or possibly be anywhere near the squad, so in that case I'd put Agbonlahor in there)

Can't see him dropping his Captain somehow.

I'd go:

------------------------Guzan------------------------

Lowton--------Vlaar-------Clark-----------LIchaj

------------Westwood------Bannan---------------

-----------------------Ireland------------------------

Weimann------------------------------Agbonlahor

----------------------Benteke------------------------

Yeah, maybe not. But that's who I'd play. :D

Plus, Petrov is the club captain. Bent had the captaincy for a while, now Vlaar seems to be the captain going by the article in the programme so Agbonlahor may have only been captain due to Vlaar's' injury so you never know.

Like to see both Ireland and Holman start,with Weimann probably making way. Both are due a goal sometime and QPR is the place to get it. Still think it'll be the Benteke show again though.....this guys a warrior.

I'd go:

------------------------Guzan------------------------

Lowton--------Vlaar-------Clark-----------LIchaj

------------Westwood------Bannan---------------

-----------------------Ireland------------------------

Weimann------------------------------Agbonlahor

----------------------Benteke------------------------

Thanks, you've saved me typing it out. Exactly this.

Not a fan of Baker, he's a bit raw for me. Clark has a lot more experience and takes no prisoners.

It was a welcome relief the other night when Lichaj came on for Stevens, because he's absolutely rock solid at LB or RB. No-one can out-run him or take it around him.

Westwood is the first name on the sheet.

Bannan, even though he didn't have the best game the other night, has to play because he's the best at the dead balls and wants to be involved in everything.

Ireland has the skill to complement the other 2 and be able to unlock the defences. Not as much energy as Holman, but Holman doesn't have half the technique of Ireland.

Weimann has to play mainly because of his tenacity. But we'll likely have to defend quite a bit, which means that if we have 2 or 3 players (Weimann, Gabby, Ireland) who are able to take the ball very quickly up the pitch on a quick break, it makes us very dangerous. Take Weimann out and suddenly we lose a potent attacking threat on the break.

Then Gabby and Benteke pick themselves.

I'm going for 0-0.

I don't see why anyone would select Baker over Vlaar. That's madenss, in my opinion. If Vlaar is out then fine, baker should come in. But if Vlaar is fit he needs to start.

I'd go for the exact team OBE picked.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Holman instead of Weimann.

I don't really rate Weimann too highly in that wide role. I think he looks like a very good striker, so he's worth having on for his goals. But I don't think he has a good enough all round game (yet) to be too effective wide. So yeah, Holman instead would be fine, but as I said, I'd go for Weimann for his added goal threat.

Ireland absolutely has to play. And I'll say that every game until we get someone else who can play there. No-one else in the squad plays that position and it's vital for us.

I criticised Bannan on Tuesday, rightly imo, but I do think he's much ebtter when he's not relied upon to be a creative player. With Irelan don the pitch he'll be left to keep it more simple and be creative IF he can. When Ireland isn't there, Bannan appears to feel it's his responsibility to get the bal forward and as a result, forces things that aren't on.

I'm ahppy with Westwood, Ireland and Bannan as our midfield 3.

As for the result, unfortunately I can see us losing. In a way, I wanted QPR to win on Tuesday so that they wouldn't still be chasing their first win.

We're more than capable of winning, but I fear first game at home for QPR under Harry will be enough to get them the win.

I'd take a draw right now if offered.

Need to win this but sadly I can see us losing it. I'd play

Les Sealey

Fernando Nelson - Vaclav Drobny - David Unsworth - Bryan Small

Leonardsen - Kinsella -Djemba Djemba - Boulding

Balaban - Lamptey

Brilliant.

a loss for me, Mbia, Diakate and Granero will outmuscle is in midfield, however Benteke could and should cause problems to there defence. I agree I'd drop Weimann for KEA leaving Ireland to roam behind Gabby and Benteke. As Gabby will cause Hill and Nelson problems with his pace.

We're just going to have to take it to them.

One problem with the Reading match was that we didn't take the initiative which is what we will have to do here.

Their players and fans will be up for it due to it being their first game under Mr Handsome. And he'll enjoy trying to beat us as we're not in his good books.

I hope we get an early goal (Before twenty minutes) because that'll shut them right up. I think we will and add one more to that. If we stay tight at the back and keep our concentration we shouldn't concede.

I'll go with 2-0 to us.

I'd play -

---------------Bent------Benteke------

------------------Weimann-------------

Ireland----------------------El Ahmadi

-----------------Westwood-------------

Lichaj------Baker------Clark------Lowton

--------------------Guzan---------------

With Holman and Agbonlahor getting at least half an hour. Bannan getting at least fifteen minutes.

Chances are Bent won't start (Or possibly be anywhere near the squad, so in that case I'd put Agbonlahor in there)

You must have had 8pints before typing this nonsense!

---------------------------Benteke-----------------------------

Gabby-------------------------------------------------Holman

----------------------------Ireland------------------------------

------------------Bannan------Westwood--------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lichaj-----------Clark------------Vlaar---------------Lowton

-------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

4-2-3-1 is our best system and has worked well for us of late. I'd bring in Ireland and push Holman out to the right as I think he offers more than Weimann.

Will be a tough game this one. A draw wouldn't be the worst result if we can beat Stoke.

You must have had 8pints before typing this nonsense!

I forgot to add we'll be playing in next years kit :D

I don't see why anyone would select Baker over Vlaar. That's madenss, in my opinion. If Vlaar is out then fine, baker should come in. But if Vlaar is fit he needs to start.

Yeah I only put Baker in under the assumption Vlaar may be injured. But if not, Vlaar everytime.