West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

10 hours ago, tinker said:

I take no pleasure in West broms demice, after villa its local clubs all the way for me . The baggies owners are shit and we have had that feeling, they don't deserve it and nor does the city of Birmingham. 

Harry Potter Wtf GIF by Sky

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

So what? As a Villa "fan" I like to think I have some class. Perhaps I should revise my opinion.

All the local teams hate us,  they all hold hands and sing about how much they hate us.  Quite unique I would guess.

We are and always have been different to all of them IMO.  The hate is strong in them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Just curious ...  is this banter or are you serious?

Serious, absolutely.

I am a Villa fan, generally speaking I only want villa to do well.

I don’t get this ‘modern’ fan approach but I guess it’s fallout of a more globalised fan base.

We are Villa, we hate the blues and we dislike wba, wolves, Coventry etc, that’s just the way it is.

• Like 4

I kind of get the sympathy personally. For smaller/lesser local rivalries as long as they're doing worse than your club I don't necessarily want to see them self destructing, appointing Big Sam and refusing to play since.

I.e Sheffield United aren't our main rivals and while it's a bit funny to watch them be fully shit I'd prefer they just finish 17th every year for more local representation in the league. Maybe it's a Yorkshire thing, though.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I kind of get the sympathy personally. For smaller/lesser local rivalries as long as they're doing worse than your club I don't necessarily want to see them self destructing, appointing Big Sam and refusing to play since.

I.e Sheffield United aren't our main rivals and while it's a bit funny to watch them be fully shit I'd prefer they just finish 17th every year for more local representation in the league. Maybe it's a Yorkshire thing, though.

I'd say it is a little different in the West Midlands. Earlier this season during an interview, John McGinn said that before he came to Villa, his understanding of the rivalries here is that everybody just hates us.

I've noticed this amongst a lot of local fans. Blues are obviously the major ones, but Baggies fans consider us the "true enemy" despite Wolves being their derby rivals, and even Wolves seem to have now decided we're their biggest enemy despite us usually having a pretty amicable relationship in the past.

They'll deny it forever, but the only reason I can think of for this is that we're the biggest club in the region by every conceivable metric and they can't abide that. A lot of them seem to genuinely hate us; they're almost unified by it. Only envy can cause that sort of situation.

As for us, while I can't speak for every Villa fan the general consensus is disdain for those clubs, but general indifference towards the fans themselves. Let them fester in their jealousy if that's what they want to do, it really doesn't matter.

It's lonely at the top.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

And your main rivals are?

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Got to be kidding me - our local rivals can **** right off to the lower divisions. 

Well thats your way and I have mine, life's to short to waste energy on hating things , don't get me wrong in the heat of the moment I cus at other teams but after I have calmed down I don't give a flying shit . 

FWIW and if I was to hate a team it would Manure , Arsenal, Liverpool and their plastic fans who live in Brum, Coventry and such places and support teams from other City's, **** idiots.

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What's the rivalry there, 'who has the most fash supporters?'

Who kicked whos head in the most during the 70s

Not sure if it's a general rivalry or something that pisses them all off, the restrictions over the Millwall games a few years back was laughable 

I actually don't think Snodgrass will be a great signing for them. He's been past it for a couple of years ago now. A shadow of the player we had. 

Edited by sidcow

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who kicked whos head in the most during the 70s

Not sure if it's a general rivalry or something that pisses them all off, the restrictions over the Millwall games a few years back was laughable 

Those three plus Blues and Cardiff are, in my mind anyway, the fan bases with most fash and most hooligan supporters, but maybe I'm out of date.

Don't really have a problem with Baggies fans. I enjoy taking the piss out of them of course, but I don't mind them being in the top flight although I don't like their current incarnation under these Chinese owners, the owners seem to have robbed them of their identity and ambition.

I wonder if now they have Wolves to play again they can go back to hating them.

Would be interesting next weekend if fans were allowed and it was another Villa hate love in like they have with blues.

I mean Wolves Baggies blues all seem to see us as their rivals these days.

Â