West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

43 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

So you want to be just like them? ... Fair enough.

Lol so I should be annoyed the baggies aren’t doing good?

ok m8 

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

So what? As a Villa "fan" I like to think I have some class. Perhaps I should revise my opinion.

It's just banter. We're football fans, we have a good old chuckle at our rival's misfortunes, they have a laugh at ours. There's no real malice in it (for most people).

I know plenty of baggies, blues and Wolves fans and they're all good people. I would never put any of them down. But the club they support? Of course I will. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, does it?

• Like 2

Just now, Giro said:

Lol so I should be annoyed the baggies aren’t doing good?

I never said that. I simply tried to suggest don't revel in someone else's misery.

Pretty much every year teams go down and come up. I have my preferences as no doubt you do. West Brom look like they are going down. It appears to be your preference. Fair enough. Villa escaped going down last year by a smidgen. I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Villa fans if that happened. Would Villa fans have deserved the disparagement from West Brom fans? Well apparently yes (if you had your way) because they are no different from Baggies fans.

2 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

It's just banter.  ...  (for most people).

Well there is that. I went to school in Bordesley Green ...  I was the only Villa supporter that I know of. Went past St Andrews most school days.

Take my interaction with Giro ... do you get the sense it is just banter?

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

So what? As a Villa "fan" I like to think I have some class. Perhaps I should revise my opinion.

Some class? What the hell you in about. You suggesting we dont have class because we are enjoying and bantering in albions misery?

If you cant enjoy the banter why you watchin football?

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Here's my take. There is enough negativity on this forum already. Why take joy in someone's plight? Villa fans at times wonder where they get their bad reputation.

You’re a Baggies fan, aren’t you pal? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Well there is that. I went to school in Bordesley Green ...  I was the only Villa supporter that I know of. Went past St Andrews most school days.

Take my interaction with Giro ... do you get the sense it is just banter?

All I know is, it is just banter for everybody I know. I don't know anybody who genuinely hates any fans of any club. Even the thread you referenced about which fans we hate the most, you'll notice the word hate is in quotation marks; nobody in their right mind actually hates these people, only in the context of supporting football clubs.

Just now, fruitvilla said:

Nooooooo! 

Hmmm.

Given the little celebration you had for us when we were relegated, with the loss to Fulham in the play off final and the reaction when Rodriguez scored that handball equaliser (these are just a few I can think of in recent years) yes I will revel in your misery a wee bit. There’s no malice, my Father-in-Law is a die hard Baggies fan and we both give as good as it gets. No point trying to be morally superior over whose overpaid twenty somethings are better than the others. I strongly dislike some Villa fans I know too for what it’s worth. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

All I know is, it is just banter for everybody I know. I don't know anybody who genuinely hates any fans of any club. Even the thread you referenced about which fans we hate the most, you'll notice the word hate is in quotation marks; nobody in their right mind actually hates these people, only in the context of supporting football clubs.

I hope you are right.

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

Hmmm.

Given the little celebration you had for us when we were relegated, with the loss to Fulham in the play off final and the reaction when Rodriguez scored that handball equaliser (these are just a few I can think of in recent years) yes I will revel in your misery a wee bit. 

I really don't get this?

8 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I don't get a sense it is just banter. Take the Which Premier League Team Do You Hate the Most? thread.

My best mate is a United fan. I abhor United as a club and we are constantly at it when we play each other, doesn’t mean I hate him. 

I take no pleasure in West broms demice, after villa its local clubs all the way for me . The baggies owners are shit and we have had that feeling, they don't deserve it and nor does the city of Birmingham. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve not really understood the love-in for wolves over recent years, WBA is a step too far....give it a few years and we’ll be feeling sorry for bloody SHA too!

I’m more than happy to see them all suffer.

Just curious ...  is this banter or are you serious?

9 hours ago, tinker said:

I take no pleasure in West broms demice, after villa its local clubs all the way for me . The baggies owners are shit and we have had that feeling, they don't deserve it and nor does the city of Birmingham. 

Got to be kidding me - our local rivals can **** right off to the lower divisions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve not really understood the love-in for wolves over recent years, WBA is a step too far....give it a few years and we’ll be feeling sorry for bloody SHA too!

I’m more than happy to see them all suffer.

6 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Just curious ...  is this banter or are you serious?

I can't answer for BannedfromHandV, but I'm serious. Screw em, I hope they all crash and burn. 

Â