West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whose laughing now boggies? Karma is a ...

I'd rather wait until we get promoted before we start gloating!

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at Villa’s squad on Transfermarkt and decided to have a look at Baggies’ too, as I was intrigued at how many OAPs they still had on their books.

Tthey seem to be in for as big a rebuild as we are (just without the financial constraints that we have).

The following players are expected to leave:

Johnny Evans, Kieran Gibbs, Jake Livermore, Nacer Chadli, Salomon Rondon & Jay Rodriguez.

The following players are out of contract this summer:

Boaz Myhill, Ali Gabr, Gareth McAuley, Krychowiak (loan ends), Claudio Yacob, Gareth Barry, James Morrison & Chris Brunt.

This leaves them with a squad of the following players: Foster, Hegazy, Dawson, Nyom, Field, McClean, Robson-Kanu, Burke, Phillips & Leko.

Obviously they also have an U23 team, and some of the guys whose contracts are ending may sign extensions, but either way, they have a big rebuild on the cards. I know a certain Scottish striker with a proven track record in the Championship that they might want... :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Dawson and Foster fined for refusing to go on tour. Sounds like the sort of toxicity we had when we went down, not a good sign for them!

BBC

Refusing to go on tour to try and secure a move away isn't likely to make you appear like a real team player to potential employers. Its only a 6 day trip to Portugal too. What a pair of pricks.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Refusing to go on tour to try and secure a move away isn't likely to make you appear like a real team player to potential employers. Its only a 6 day trip to Portugal too. What a pair of pricks.

Unless they are being told to do so by said club and agents to push the price down.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Unless they are being told to do so by said club and agents to push the price down.

Makes them look even more like pricks If that was the case. Don't forget they are being paid millions by WBA to play for them currently. Least they could do is go on a jolly to Portugal for a few days.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Makes them look even more like pricks If that was the case. Don't forget they are being paid millions by WBA to play for them currently. Least they could do is go on a jolly to Portugal for a few days.

It certainly does.

I just meant that for future potential employers it might not really matter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Didn't Foster come out and say he was stopping at the end of last season.

Be the first thing he has stopped in 18 months.

Used to rate him, one of the "best of the rest" in my opinion, but he's utterly shit nowadays and I cannot believe he is only 35.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

exactly that, how many people gave a **** about ideal boilers last week? how many people are currently showing that picture around the world on social media?

marketing masterclass 

for Ideal Boilers its brilliant. It does look shocking for the club itself 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

exactly that, how many people gave a **** about ideal boilers last week? how many people are currently showing that picture around the world on social media?

marketing masterclass 

You’re right, it’s being widely circulated. They should have had the name “ideal” put across the front of the mascot, as while I’ve seen the picture a few times now, I didn’t know the make of it.

So, it’s good but it could have been even more effective.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

marketing masterclass 

There is a difference from good PR and making yourselves look like global laughing stocks

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is a difference from good PR and making yourselves look like global laughing stocks

if they were an established brand then i would agree but they're not, first step is awareness and they've ticked that boxed an absolute treat, every football fan and a fair few none football fans will now know that baggies are sponsored by a boiler company, whether or not its stupid is irrelevant, they've achieved what they set out to do

serious question, without looking it up do you know who sponsors blues or wolves? 

Spoiler

wolves is a gambling company that i dont know the name of, blues i honestly havent got a clue

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if they were an established brand then i would agree but they're not, first step is awareness and they've ticked that boxed an absolute treat, every football fan and a fair few none football fans will now know that baggies are sponsored by a boiler company, whether or not its stupid is irrelevant, they've achieved what they set out to do

serious question, without looking it up do you know who sponsors blues or wolves? 

Reveal hidden contents

wolves is a gambling company that i dont know the name of, blues i honestly havent got a clue

I dont think sponsors on jersey work at all for me. Ive never bought anything or looked up what a company was unless it was a funny name

Â