West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

They need to keep Rodriguez, he'd score 20 at Championship level if he stays fit.

Will sell likes of Gibbs, Dawson, Rondon Evans and pension off Barry.

Rodriguez can do better than championship 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rodriguez can do better than championship 

Always absolutely hated that tw*t after he dived in front of the Holte End for a penalty playing for Southampton. I don't celebrate injuries to players but when he broke his leg I did think "karma's a bitch."

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Always absolutely hated that tw*t after he dived in front of the Holte End for a penalty playing for Southampton. I don't celebrate injuries to players but when he broke his leg I did think "karma's a bitch."

We'll that's pretty sad because most players dive now-a-days.

I've always liked him for some reason.  Seems to have technique, unlike some of the speed merchants/steam rollers in the league.

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't recall that tbf, but there was an incident earlier in the season at the Emirates where he was fouled but he jumped right up and got his shot off (hit the post, should have stayed down and got the penalty.)

I think he is a good player but not sure he will ever truly get back to the level he was at before his injury.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't recall that tbf, but there was an incident earlier in the season at the Emirates where he was fouled but he jumped right up and got his shot off (hit the post, should have stayed down and got the penalty.)

I think he is a good player but not sure he will ever truly get back to the level he was at before his injury.

Was Lambert first season they beat us 1-0 from a penalty

• Like 1

Hilariously, McLean and Foster have both given interviews since the win vs Man Utd along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing) "Well we actually know what we're doing now"

Pardew is the worst Premier League manager since Sherwood.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hilariously, McLean and Foster have both given interviews since the win vs Man Utd along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing) "Well we actually know what we're doing now"

Worse than Sherwood.  At least he was able to get an initial reaction from a down and out team.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Worse than Sherwood.  At least he was able to get an initial reaction from a down and out team.

To be fair Pardew usually does too. Very similar to Sherwood in that that is their main asset. 

They get an initial reaction. Usually the result of just "letting the players play" when they've previously been drilled into a losing mentality. Sherwood taking over from Lambert is a good example. Lambert had lost the plot so much that we were just a negative, defence minded mess when Sherwood took over. So that initial freedom works.

The problem is that only lasts so long and when you actually need some management skills, they don't have anything.

Pardew is the same. Famed for his managerial bounce but can't address a slide when it starts. This time he didn't even get the bounce.

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair Pardew usually does too. Very similar to Sherwood in that that is their main asset. 

They get an initial reaction. Usually the result of just "letting the players play" when they've previously been drilled into a losing mentality. Sherwood taking over from Lambert is a good example. Lambert had lost the plot so much that we were just a negative, defence minded mess when Sherwood took over. So that initial freedom works.

The problem is that only lasts so long and when you actually need some management skills, they don't have anything.

Pardew is the same. Famed for his managerial bounce but can't address a slide when it starts. This time he didn't even get the bounce.

I totally agree with your first 3 paragraphs but to be fair to Pardew he did have a decent Newcastle team at one point and this would have been later on rather than the first 10 games riding a new manager bounce.

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On WM phone in last night they said that apparently training under Pardew was just 5 a side kickabouts everyday. No game planning, no working on shape or tactics. 

He will still probably manage to blag himself another role at some point, the complete chancer. 

Â