West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

No doubt Darren Moore is a nice man and he's done well for most of his time there but I can see logic.

They've clearly lost confidence he'll win them the play offs so why not roll the dice?

After beating us they were only 2-3 points off the top 2. Since then they've lost at home to Sheffield United, dismal at Leeds (4-0) and Ipswich should've beaten them 3 or 4-1 today.

I know it's the championship and these up and down results happen but really at this stage the top teams kick on and go on good winning runs as Leeds and Norwich are now doing.

In three weeks they've gone from close to top 2 to way adrift so who's to say their play off place won't come into danger?

It's a short term move but that's pretty much how majority of clubs act now.

This is like if we'd sacked SB after losing v QPR and Bolton this time last year. Would've looked madness but given he didn't win us the play offs maybe it wouldn't have been....

On face value seems a very strange decision, but a lot of Albion fans have been wanting him gone for a while. They think he is tactically naive (something I think we’ve all said from the day he signed).

Big gamble now depending on who they get

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No doubt Darren Moore is a nice man and he's done well for most of his time there but I can see logic.

They've clearly lost confidence he'll win them the play offs so why not roll the dice?

This is the worrying modern football fan opinion. Not top of the league, let’s “roll the dice”.

They are right in the hunt for promotion. It’s an enormous risk to change the manager now. Even if they have tapped up a big name I doubt they’ll push on much more than where they are.

• Like 2

Considering the form of the other two sides who came down, they’ve done really well in comparison, with barely any money spent too! 

He nearly kept them up at the death last year too after a fantastic run! 

Crying shame. He seems a smashing bloke. Hopefully he’ll get another job in League One or something maybe! 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Jonkavic must have agreed to go there. Madness to sack him otherwise 

If Jokanovic gets job and doesnt get them. Can we finally give up that he is some managerial guru

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

You have to assume they have someone lined up. 

It would be a crazy move if they didn't have a replacement lined up.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Embarrassing just like some Villa fans wanting Smith sacked. Moore was doing a bloody good job with squad he had

Thing is though without Jack, Smith was doing a shit job with the squad he had.

Hopefully normality is now restored for us.

Astonishing about Moore though. Sacked sitting in the play-offs. Wow!

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe fat Sam? 

Big Wolves fan apparently don't see it.  It will be someone out of work though so Jonkovic or Wagner would be favourites.  Claude Puel maybe.  It's going to be a good watch from the outside though.

They are in real danger of imploding financially if they do not go up.  Sure I read that they had borrowed on parachute payments for next year just to pay wages.  Chinese owners again struggling go get money out of China maybe?

Jokanovic would be a strange one based on this track record, he's a fantastic manager for this level but his methods always take a while to implement with players. If you were midtable with no hope of promotion it would make sense, as you could trust he'd rebuild the side and get you firing again. But this is a team who are in the playoffs, but could quite easily slip out and they need to get promoted this season with the squad they have right now. Otherwise a rebuild will be so much harder at this level, as we have experienced.

They've gone down hill since they lost Barnes. That said I think he has done a good job, as we all know, it's extremely difficult to bounce back immediately. To be fourth with two months of the season to go is not a bad position for them to be in. They're now in serious danger of not even making the playoffs, it's become an extremely high pressured position now and if the board get this wrong it could rank up there among the worst decisions in recent memory.

Â