West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly desperate PR move from this sinking ship of a club 

PR move hiring Big Sam lol wut.

Come on guys. We love to hate on them and him but he has form he has previous and he does get results.

He isn't quite the boomer and stuck in their ways stereotype. He is intelligent he does embrace modern ways.

His football is just honking 

• Like 1

I knew last night when asked about his job, Bilic, responded...." I am not bothered and he looked not bothered"......I think he knew last night.

They said the decision was made before last nights game.

Edited by TRO

Albion fans don't like Allardyce because he'a apparently said in the past that he was a Wolves fan growing up, they also hated the football they played under Pullis and see Allardyce as a return to those days.

He's done well in the past to keep clubs up, but looking at the league table outside of Fulham and Sheffield United it's hard to see who they have a realistic chance of finishing above; they're only two points behind Burnley but Burnley have three games in hand and a proven track record in this division, beyond them you're looking at the likes of Brighton and Leeds that they'd need to finish above.

He's got an excellent record, Big Sam, but he has been out of management a long time. He'll get them organised and playing to a system, its just whether they have the actual quality to win games. 

I'm more nervous of playing them now than I was yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The replies to the announcement on Twitter show this isn’t a popular choice amongst some. 

Dinosaurs like Bruce and Allardyce have no business in the PL. 

What makes Sam a dinosaur? (or Bruce for that matter)

Edited by Genie

Big Sam has taken over some shit teams in big trouble a number of times and never been relegated. He’s possibly the best in the business for that.

Its a great appointment for WBA but I still think we’ll have enough to do them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

What makes Sam a dinosaur? (or Bruce for that matter)

They play football from 20 years ago

To be fair to Sam he did introduce a lot of the sports science side of the game to the PL when he was at Bolton but that was a long time a go, Bruce I can see the criticism, pulis I can see the criticism, Sam I think just plays shit practical football that has a ceiling 

That's why I didn't want him here, give him whatever he wants and he'll keep you up, with 3 or 4 years he might even get you to around 10th but **** me those years would be painful and you'd never be going to where you want to be

baggies staying up and then just existing will be enough so he should be enough 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They play football from 20 years ago

To be fair to Sam he did introduce a lot of the sports science side of the game to the PL when he was at Bolton but that was a long time a go, Bruce I can see the criticism, pulis I can see the criticism, Sam I think just plays shit practical football that has a ceiling 

That's why I didn't want him here, give him whatever he wants and he'll keep you up, with 3 or 4 years he might even get you to around 10th but **** me those years would be painful and you'd never be going to where you want to be

baggies staying up and then just existing will be enough so he should be enough 

How do you quantify “playing football from 20 years ago?”

Sam was famous for bringing a huge amount of science and technology into the game. Who’s to say that he’s not still doing it? How do you know how much he is or isn’t doing? He must be doing something right, and better than other managers if he can keep turning round failing clubs. Is Klopp pushing the boundaries and a football visionary... or does he just have a massive budget and buys the best players?

When Newcastle appointed Bruce it was “they’re definitely relegated”... then this year “they’re definitely going down”. It’s not pretty football from either manager, but it’s effective football (relatively speaking) and being a dinosaur, whatever that means is nothing to do with it. 

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember 5-10 years ago we always used to play the side with a new manager first up. This feels right. Never been relegated either?

Cash, Dougie & Barkley straight back into the XI. Deano vs. Dino. We will steamroll these pussies

There was a stage in the Championship it was everytime a manager who appointed we were playing them.

"New manager bounce ffs!!!"

We always beat them. It's a myth. Big Sam will get them shithousing in no time but far too early.

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The replies to the announcement on Twitter show this isn’t a popular choice amongst some. 

Dinosaurs like Bruce and Allardyce have no business in the PL. 

Yes but at least Bruce is inherently likeable  bloke  (well most of the time) whereas Fat Sam is a smug prat.

• Like 2

Â