West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Not sure how all this is going to effect their squad for the weekend. They played their heart out for Bilic on Tuesday and got a deserved point away at Manchester City only to see him sacked and replaced with big Sam. I think in the long run big Sam will get them organized and hard to beat, but in the short term I think there could be a bit of anger and apathy in the squad for a week or two. Hopefully they are not fully focused at the weekend and we capitalise.

26 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Not sure how all this is going to effect their squad for the weekend. They played their heart out for Bilic on Tuesday and got a deserved point away at Manchester City only to see him sacked and replaced with big Sam. I think in the long run big Sam will get them organized and hard to beat, but in the short term I think there could be a bit of anger and apathy in the squad for a week or two. Hopefully they are not fully focused at the weekend and we capitalise.

Doubt it. They are on a 50% wage cut again if they are relegated so don't think they will give two **** as long as they stay up

On 17/12/2020 at 17:46, maqroll said:

OF COURSE we get West Brom just in time for their new manager bounce. I swear this happens every year for Villa.

For what it's worth, Big Sam has a mixed record in his first match for a new club:

Everton: won 2-0 vs Huddersfield
Crystal Palace: lost 2-0 at Arsenal
England: won 1-0 at Slovakia
Sunderland: lost 1-0 at West Brom
West Ham: lost 1-0 vs Cardiff
Blackburn: won 3-0 vs Stoke
Newcastle: won 3-1 at Bolton
Bolton: lost 2-1 at Norwich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17/12/2020 at 15:46, maqroll said:

OF COURSE we get West Brom just in time for their new manager bounce. I swear this happens every year for Villa.

I think I’d rather play then first, rather than 2/3/4 games in when they might start to look organised.

On 17/12/2020 at 14:45, villalad21 said:

And if Big Sam doesn't achieve it he can simply walk away before they are mathematically relegated to keep his precious no relegation on his CV 

except he has been relegated before at Notts County

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

except he has been relegated before at Notts County

The Big Sam revisionism in the media is so embarassing. Take this example.

No mention of their relegation under him the season where they had no win in 20 games. It looks impressive to smash the lower league when you've come from an upper division.

Â