January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Wow... Does this squad have a responsibility or what?

Heroes? Or the squad that gets Villa relegated from the premier league? The season begins now....

Good Luck Aston Villa - and lots of it.

Edited by Tayls

I started the window thinking we would spend the 20 million needed to keep us up. By the end as I realised the club have assumed relegation and planning for the championship I expected no signings at all.

The two at the end are a nice little bonus at this point. They maybe useful next season in the championship as we bobble along mid table.

Grats Villa you have changed my expectations. It hurt less than i thought it would!

These are the deals we were supposed to be in for - we can't even afford £3m !

Everton have signed defender John Stones from Barnsley on a five-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Sportsmail revealed last month that relegation-threatened Wigan had joined Chelsea, Aston Villa Sunderland, Manchester City and Everton in the race for the £3million-rated prospect.

Stones is one of the most coveted young defenders in the country and is a real coup for Moyes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271577/Everton-sign-John-Stones-Barnsley-transfer-deadline-day.html#ixzz2Jb830IvZ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It is what it is, time to focus our energy on supporting the squad, starting on saturday at Goodison. Despite the lack of signings, I still believe we'll stay up.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.....

I started the window thinking we would spend the 20 million needed to keep us up. By the end as I realised the club have assumed relegation and planning for the championship I expected no signings at all.

The two at the end are a nice little bonus at this point. They maybe useful next season in the championship as we bobble along mid table.

Grats Villa you have changed my expectations. It hurt less than i thought it would!

Thought we would spend just over £10m but the rest is exactly my thoughts as well.

We can only be planning for the championship with these signings. Quite shocking Dawkins was on 50000 dollars for the season in the MLS. Bet he's on 100 quid a week here!!!

What **** odds what money he was or is on! If it mattered Ireland, Bent, Hutton, Given, Warnock, Dunne, Delph and Gabby would have us safe already....COP THE **** ON

Edited by Villastine

These are the deals we were supposed to be in for - we can't even afford £3m !

Everton have signed defender John Stones from Barnsley on a five-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Sportsmail revealed last month that relegation-threatened Wigan had joined Chelsea, Aston Villa Sunderland, Manchester City and Everton in the race for the £3million-rated prospect.

Stones is one of the most coveted young defenders in the country and is a real coup for Moyes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271577/Everton-sign-John-Stones-Barnsley-transfer-deadline-day.html#ixzz2Jb830IvZ 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Do you know that we weren't in for him?

What **** odds what money he was or is on! If it mattered Ireland, Bent, Hutton, Given, Warnock, Dunne, Delph and Gabby would have us safe already....COP THE **** ON

Come on though, sensibly, you can't expect to regularly compete with the games very elite earning £75k per week - with blokes earning wages @ around 5k a week.